TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED - Page 6

TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

This is a discussion on TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Super Trucker OK. If the dumb law about "carrying a gun in your hand" gets changed, then he did something good. I ...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    OK.

If the dumb law about "carrying a gun in your hand" gets changed, then he did something good. I would be willing to bet the park rangers had a long meeting about this and might even have "NEW" policies so nobody get harassed again.

You feel free to continue to be the sheppard to keep all the sheep in a straight line though.

As I said I don't think I would do what he did, but unlike you I will not knock him for doing something that was not illegal.
    we can agree to DISagree.

Question: Should someone have free reign to decide who does or does not have a CCP without objective criteria?

That is the real issue once the rest of the crap is removed.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I have to say I am very disappointed at many of you.

The guy did nothing illegal and you say he is wrong.
    I'm going to attempt, as best as I can, to live with your immense disappointment of us, Super Trucker.

I'm also going to try and go on with the rest of my life, constantly struggling to learn from my foolish and reckless thoughts that this guy is a complete and total TOOL; an unmitigated embarrassment to the entire gun owning public, and an irresponsible and dangerous attention seeking clown. I'll try, I'll try and go on Super Trucker, but it's just so darn hard... Sniff, sniff…snortel.

-Bill

I'm thinking Jim Zumbo or Dan Cooper would feel right at home in this crowd

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post

Don't give the powers that be any ideas...they just might re-write it.
    My exact thought..............
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

Frankly, I think his 2A rights should be revoked for being an idiot. But thats just me.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I must really be blind, because I am completely missing why so many are so down on this man.

Is it legal to decorate his gun by painting the tip orange? If it isn't, and I think perhaps it should't be, then he is wrong. He wasn't arrested, so I take it that what he did was legal.

If it is legal, well I don't agree with his taste but as Hot Guns wrote in another thread which was related to decorating one's gun, don't sweat the small stuff.

As for his rather well planned challenge to one city's rules, again, he didn't break the law, he pushed the boundaries a bit to open up some eyes.

I do not see grounds for revoking his permit to carry as there is nothing in his behavior to justify the state's assertion that, "There was a material likelihood that I was a risk to the public."

The guy is a gadfly. He is a pain in the back end of the officials, but that is their problem. It is what happens in an open society.

If they really think he is a risk to the public then they should do a "mental hold" on him, and then we will really see the fur fly.

Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why everyone is so down on him.

(Do I think he is a great spokesperson for us, no. But that doesn't mean he isn't within his rights. I didn't think Heston was a great spokesperson for us either.)
    That is not illegal does not imply that it is not foolish; and you do not do foolish things. Like when he wanted to OC in public a Mare’s Leg a la Steve McQueen because of "the rise of bad guys using body armor" and because the gun was not illegal. IMO he got what he was asking for. That guy indirectly did a lot of harm to all CCWers.

And by the way, I believe that he painted the tip of the AK-47-type pistol orange just to decorate it as much as I believe in Santa Claus.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by 1911marine View Post
    Frankly, I think his 2A rights should be revoked for being an idiot. But thats just me.

umm rights cant be revoked they are inalienable meaning they are incapable of being given or taken away
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    umm rights cant be revoked they are inalienable meaning they are incapable of being given or taken away
    Tell that to any convicted felon...

OK.

If the dumb law about "carrying a gun in your hand" gets changed, then he did something good. I would be willing to bet the park rangers had a long meeting about this and might even have "NEW" policies so nobody get harassed again.

You feel free to continue to be the sheppard to keep all the sheep in a straight line though.

As I said I don't think I would do what he did, but unlike you I will not knock him for doing something that was not illegal.
    That's amazing. I don't think burning the flag is illegal either. Are you ok with that too? Tell you what...when this guy whose *legal* activities you won't knock gets enough negative attention from voters and legislators to impact gun laws for the rest of us you let us know how that works for you. I can't see any serious gun rights advocate backing anyone who does obvious harm to our cause even though he's technically not illegal. I personally just can't support stupid and selfish acts. Especially those that are so obviously harmful to the gun rights cause.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Tell that to any convicted felon...
    well i believe any convicted felon still has the right too....now if they are free then they can possess weapons if they are a threat then they should still be in jail
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

GM
    I think that the guy is lucky to still be alive. What do you think that many CCWers had done if that guy came walking against them in the dark while holding a big revolver in his hand? I do not think that he even considered that possibility.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

well i believe any convicted felon still has the right too....now if they are free then they can possess weapons if they are a threat then they should still be in jail
    He meant that while we have the right to 'liberty', that right can also be taken away, i.e. prison.

Even the right to 'life'....with the death penalty.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I don't think I have ever heard that one has to carry a weapon unholstered in your hand out on the street....I don't think all his dogs were barking.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

1) Convicted felons lose the right to posess firearms as well as lose the right to vote.

2) Stupid isn't necessarily illegal and illegal isn't necessarily stupid.

3) The US Supreme Court determined that burning the flag in an act of defiance is no longer illegal under the 1st amendment as free speech.

4) The same people that decided #3 above was OK, once given enough wiggle room, can also decide to take your 2nd amendment right for whatever reason they want. It starts with a bunch of people agreeing to take one person's right for some subjective reason that they all agree upon. Then the group wanting to take rights continues to shrink while the net it casts grows larger and the subjective reasons become more narrowly defined by that small group. It's all fun and games until someone wants to take your right for some reason that they feel is right and you don't.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links