Walmart - Page 2

Walmart

This is a discussion on Walmart within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's yours and hers buisness, carry anyway, they won't know. Worst comes to worst, something DOES happen and you or her needs to pull it, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Ox
    It's yours and hers buisness, carry anyway, they won't know.
    Worst comes to worst, something DOES happen and you or her needs to pull it, you may get fired but you could save lives.
    NRA Member

Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by Wistrick View Post
    Not ur typical Walmart thread I hope...

The other day there was an incident where an associates husband came in the store drunk and caused a scene...(no weapons involved). But they fired the associate, stating that company policy being on property intoxicated applied to her family as well...

If that is so does that apply to me and make Walmart a no carry zone..How would I find out???

thoughts

Dan
    Is this even legal? If so how far down into the family tree can they go?
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Thanks for posting the study. Interesting.,
    navdoc,
    knowledge is power! i try not to go to walmart but sometimes they have rollbacks on diapers and babies milk. So if i go, i am in and out....... and I am armed to the teeth!!!!
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    yeah you don't need to carry a gun at walmart. it's a safe place to shop!

http://walmartcrimereport.com/report.pdf

Texas Wal-Mart Shooting: Suspected Gunman Killed By Police

Sure it is

Additional charges in robbery try | The Sierra Vista Herald

Quote Originally Posted by Wistrick View Post
    Not ur typical Walmart thread I hope...

My wife is a Walmart Associate and the company rules prevent her from having a weapon on company property on or off the clock..If she does and they find out she loses her job.
    Not legal in Florida at least. While businesses can keep employees from carrying while working Florida passed a law a while back that makes it illegal for companies to forbid employees from having a gun in their car. There are a few exceptions to the law, of course (schools for instance).

The other day there was an incident where an associates husband came in the store drunk and caused a scene...(no weapons involved). But they fired the associate, stating that company policy being on property intoxicated applied to her family as well...

If that is so does that apply to me and make Walmart a no carry zone..How would I find out???

thoughts

Dan
    I can think of no way for you to find out without risking your wife's job. If you carry concealed there is no reason for anybody at Walmart to ever find out you carry unless you have to pull it in self defense (God forbid).

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    One way you would find out is (a) by carrying concealed and printing in Walmart, (b) being seen and reported to management, (c) being known by Walmart management as an employee's spouse. Then she would be fired or not fired.

If you maintain proper concealment, you will never find out.
    I agree that concealed means concealed. But what if you want to OC. As long as you are just patronizing Walmart (not somehow helping your wife with work), I doubt they'd do anything. If they did, you'd have grounds for a lawsuit. Someone displaying public drunkenness is very different than someone legally carrying.

Strange. Wally World Corporate is 2A friendly and welcomes concealed carry in their stores.

I call BS. Been working there for nearly 28 years. No, can't carry or have in car when working, but off the clock is another matter. Won't even respond to the drunk spouse stuff.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Drunk spouse killed a cop at Bojangles here. If your wife is an employee, and you aren't, it doesn't apply to you. Besides, they can't touch you, even if they think you're carrying. That's battery. My best judgement says that if you are a discreet and conscientious concealed carrier, no one will ever know...until they need to know. And then all bets are off anyway.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

no one will ever know...until they need to know. And then all bets are off anyway.
    ScubaDuba, +1 my bloodbrother!!!
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Was this other employee's husband an on-going problem? Has the store had a problem with him coming in and socializing with his wife, or acting a fool in the past? If so, maybe they just eliminated the drunk husband problem by getting rid of the reason he would visit. That being said, I dont see how a store can legally dictate the actions of an employee's family. Maybe the store was just looking for any old excuse to fire somebody. I guess you have a few options to find out.... 1) call em and ask.. "hey so and so is my wife and i heard that i cant carry in your store, and i didnt want to put her job in jeapordy, so I was wondering what the policy was... 2) just keep it concealed...what they dont know wont hurt them or 3) walk up to the gun counter and say "hey you guys sell bullets for TTTHHHIIISSSSS??? and just whip er out and drop her on the counter :)

VIP Member
    It sucks that they think they can hold an employee responsible for what a family member does. Jobs being so hard to find these days have caused employers to go nuts!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am probably going to catch hell for this... This might be a bit off topic, but I just have to interject here. I know that Walmart is CC friendly and all, but its one place that is that I refuse to go to.

Walmart SUCKS! Every aspect of it sucks, I dont go there for any reason. They treat their employees bad, their cheap stock is just that, they unnecessarily build more stores to drive out local business, business practices are non-constitutional, they hire anyone even those who really cant do their job, customer service sucks... WALMART just pisses me off.

Here is something going on right now in my home town of Pullman Washington. For years Walmart has tried to get in here, home of WSU, little farming community. 8 miles away is another Walmart in the city of Moscow, ID.
    Walmart won the battle.
    The location they decided to build on is right (I mean, right there!) next to our city cemetery that has been there for generations. Now, if I attend a funeral there, I get to stare at the ever so peaceful Walmart parking lot!! I know the city has something to do with it, but if Walmart never came here to begin with, this wouldnt be an issue.

With practices like that it does not surprise me that the person the OP talked about got fired for her intoxicated husband. I feel like I loose 10 IQ points every time I walk in there. I forbid my family from going there, not that they ever have a desire to anyway. I wont even go for ammo, I have other places. I dont care how cheap they are. No "wallywalk," no nothing to do with Walmart.

Walmart Sucks.

If it weren't for all the cheapskates shopping there, there would be no WalMart.
    Down here it looks like "little Tijuana".
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    seems odd that they would try to regulate her off the clock. Is that even legal?
    I'm not sure if it is legal, but it is becoming more pervasive. Companies are now implementing policies regarding employees representations and posts on social media networks...even when they are not saying anything about the company or holding themselves out as an employee of the company...on the employees own time and computer. You can be fired for something you post on facebook or twitter, on your own PC, on your own time, that has nothing to do with work.

Big Brother is watching.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links