Mouseguns? - Page 2

Mouseguns?

This is a discussion on Mouseguns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the KelTec .32 and P-3AT...I think either would work for you....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns?

I have the KelTec .32 and P-3AT...I think either would work for you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can't say I would recomend the Tomcat. I have one and the frame cracked on it after less than 60 rounds. I was even using the recomended ammo from the manual. Of course it broke a afer a year and a half and the factory warranty is only for 1 year. Beretta's customer service sucks by the way. I now have a Tomcat paperweight. frame cracking seems to be a common problem on the Tomcats. I would say go for the Ruger.

If I am reading this right you are OK shooting the .38 if you had too in defense. But you don't want to shoot it much at the range. Can you get a reasonably similar gun in .22 to shoot at the range? The majority of my shooting at the range is with my .22. Just a thought. I have a P3at and the recoil is VERY snappy. It would not be a good choice if you are getting recoil sensitive. My G19 feels like it recoils less.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I will probably revert to SP101 revolvers when I retire from peace officering. I have several of them chambered in .357 mag, which, of course, can fire milder .38 Specials. When this gets to be too much, I have an SP101 chambered in .32 H&R, a wannabe magnum, which can also chamber lesser .32 cartridges, which should kick no more than a .22 rimfire.

I have my eye on some of the tip-up barrel Berettas, too.

At 48 YOA, I may not yet be a senior citizen, but my right hand is already having strength and dexterity issues.

VIP Member
    You might want to look at the Ruger SP-101 chambered in .327 Fed. Mag. Supposedly on part with the .38 Special +P round. For lighter loads I believe you cvan shoot .32 H&R Mag ammo or even .32 S&W Long ammo.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I say, get either a Kel Tec 32 or a Seecamp I have both, the Kel Tec is great and I love the belt clip that one can buy for cheep. The See camp is sweet but a little heavy for what it is but shoots every time. Neither of theses has ever failed me.

My everyday practice gun. S&W 317 8 shot .22 LR. I shoot into a bullet trap in the garage. I wouldn't carry it myself as I have a 642 that I can still handle (67 YO) but I can consistently plunk all 8 in a 3" circle out to 21 feet. That many Stingers coming fast could do some extensive damage if that is all you can handle without pain. Rimfire ftf is not a factor in a revolver, just pull the trigger again.

I don't personnaly like anything below a .38 spl/9MM but if I had to go little it would be a 317 w/Stingers that I'd slip in my pocket.

Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    If you are OK with the .38 snub for carry, why not look for one of the many police trade-in 4" K-frame .38+P wheel guns. You could try some .38 wadcutter loads for practice, to keep recoil down. You could even use it as your HD gun. I just picked up a stainless S&W mdl. 64 about a month ago for under $250.

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

The Tomcat is the go-to gun for people who have trouble with recoil, or pulling back slides, or manipulating triggers. No matter what the reason. Could be Arthritis, weakness, post CVA, TMB or whatever.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You might want to look at the Ruger SP-101 chambered in .327 Fed. Mag. Supposedly on part with the .38 Special +P round. For lighter loads I believe you cvan shoot .32 H&R Mag ammo or even .32 S&W Long ammo.
    Yes, I believe this is true.

Taking several fish oil capsules daily may help your arthritis. It has helped me and several others I know.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

I too have a 13oz S&W .38. I don't have problems with the recoil, but my plan is to get the new model 43C. It looks just like my 340, but shoots 22LR. It even has night sights. I want to get it for cheap practice with .22's.

Here are the specs:

Model: 43C
    Caliber: .22LR
    Capacity: 8 Rounds
    Action: Double Action Only
    Barrel Length: 1 7/8"
    Front Sight: White Dot
    Rear Sight: Fixed U-Notch
    Overall Length: 6 1/4"
    Weight: 11 oz.
    Grip: Synthetic
    Material: Aluminum Alloy Frame/Cylinder
    Finish: Matte Black

I have the Ruger LCP and Bersa Thunder, my other guns being bigger, including the Smith & Wesson Model 60 .38 caliber revolver.

I'm only 40 and arthritis affects my practice time.
    It's not the recoil so much as the god-awful DA trigger pull.
    My .357 is rough even with .38s, but my Charter .38 DAO is much more tolerable. Glock 9mm is down right nice, though I don't care for +P ammo.

Find yourself a gunshop with an indoor range that will let you try a gun out.
    Or at least tell the clerk you need something with a lighter trigger.

This might be worth a look as well. High capacity, 3.5-5#trigger pull, light recoil.
    Kel-Tec Announces new .22WMR PMR-30

For all of you having recoil trouble, instead of buying more guns, not that it would be a bad thing, how about working with someone that reloads and just toning your rounds down. A bullet does not have to be moving at 1100 fps to do its job. I would imagine that getting hit with a 38spl moving 700 fps would still be a bad thing for the BG, and the recoil would be significantly less. Find someone that reloads and work with them, if you cant find someone, Im in Ohio and would love to help.
    I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links