Flying with Firearm - bag opened and ammo missing! - Page 5

Flying with Firearm - bag opened and ammo missing!

This is a discussion on Flying with Firearm - bag opened and ammo missing! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rugergirl I'm sorry that you are miffed by my snarky reply. I've flown twice in my lifetime, one pleasure trip, one business. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I'm sorry that you are miffed by my snarky reply.
    I've flown twice in my lifetime, one pleasure trip, one business.
    I work from home and my business does not require travel beyond my local area.
    For pleasure travel my boat usually goes with me, and the hassles of getting it on a plane are just not worth it
    Stretch out a bit on your next flight, I won't be in your way.
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I flew more than that just last week. You don't need to travel by air for your job, nor do you seek to travel beyond a very limited range of your home. In such a case, it's easy to "refuse to fly" because of some perceived inconvenience.

If you want real inconvenience, try keeping a job that requires you to attend a meeting in Paris, and tell your boss you "refuse to fly" because of a five minute delay with TSA.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    It's nice that you have the option. I need to fly frequently to put food on the table. I also find it difficult to visit places like Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America without air transportation.

I get a bit miffed by snarky replies like, "...that's why I refuse to fly anymore..."

Do you refuse to drive your car anymore if some overzealous LEO slaps you with a ticket you feel was unjustified? Do you refuse to drive anymore because your kids whine, "Are we there yet?" the entire way to grandma's house? Do you refuse to drive you car anymore after you get a flat tire? I doubt it.

Most likely the real reason someone "refuses to fly anymore" is one or more of the following:

1. can't afford it
    2. rarely (if ever) flew to begin with
    3. never travels outside of their zip code in any case

If you "refuse" to fly simply because of a minor issue with some low-level TSA twit, well, good on ya! It leaves more room on the plane for the rest of us.
    I THINK with some the reasons are more than just a minor issue. How about a background check on you when you by tickets, your travel habits and payment methods documented and scrutinized, your having to remove your shoes (and anything else they wish), go trough x-rays, metal detectors, being questioned just to travel, etc., etc., etc.

Flying violates so so many of your rights it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    I THINK with some the reasons are more than just a minor issue. How about a background check on you when you by tickets, your travel habits and payment methods documented and scrutinized, your having to remove your shoes (and anything else they wish), go trough x-rays, metal detectors, being questioned just to travel, etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Nice reply, will you use the same one when your gun rights are lost? How about your private property rights or free speech rights?

Just because you are willing to give up your rights to fly doesn't mean everyone is or that no one should point it out or complain about it, no different than if other rights were being trampled that you "do" care about.

Nice reply, will you use the same one when your gun rights are lost? How about your private property rights or free speech rights?

Just because you are willing to give up your rights to fly doesn't mean everyone is or that no one should point it out or complain about it, no different than if other rights were being trampled that you "do" care about.
    Dude,

Your American "rights" have been being eroded since 1789. President Andrew Jackson ring a bell? LBJ and the Great Society? FDR?

Hey, you "give up your rights" when you sign the HIPAA form at your doctor's office, when you go for a driver's license, and when you apply for your CHP. I betcha did all those. It's easy to make the big play for your "rights" when you're not inconvenienced.

The poster I was responding to made no reference to "refusing to fly" because she was giving up her rights.

I care about my rights, and am active in endeavoring to elect freedom-loving Americans who are strict constructionists. We haven't been so successful lately, but I love my country and will continue to do my best.

Personally, I refuse to sit in my compound and load ammo instead of seeing the world. I also work to restore American freedoms.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by texasnative46 View Post
    to all:

WARNING! - if you fly out of ANY of the WASHINGTON DC Metro airports, to include BWI, you MUST use locks that TSA can open.
    (i don't fly out of Richmond, but i'm told that the same "local policy" is in effect there, too.)

trust me, i fly into & out of Dulles, Ronald Reagan & BWI frequently & i had to go buy "TSA-approved locks" for my pistol case that goes INSIDE my "hardsided" luggage. - this means that TSA employees can OPEN your stuff & "help themselves to" whatever they want.
    (at least at BWI, if you don't have "TSA approved" locks on your guncase, they won't let you check it in.)

fwiw, you will have NO LUCK getting money for "pilfered goods", as ALL claims are routinely denied here. = that's why i have INSURANCE, called an "inland marine policy" on my guns/ammo/camera/etc.

further, for your insurance company, have a list of weapons/ammo on your person (NOT in your luggage), with serial numbers each time you fly.

note: i also take pictures of each weapon!

yours, TN46
    Flew out of Dulles today going to Vegas. TSA gave me no problems at all. Didn't even look at my firearm.Neither did the United agent who asked is it unloaded and when I said yes handed me the declrartion card to sign. Scanned my bag and that was it.. I was not told to put a TSA lock on my pistol case. There is no place on my Gunvault mini for a lock anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Flew out of Dulles today going to Vegas. TSA gave me no problems at all. Didn't even look at my firearm.Neither did the United agent who asked is it unloaded and when I said yes handed me the declrartion card to sign. Scanned my bag and that was it.. I was not told to put a TSA lock on my pistol case. There is no place on my Gunvault mini for a lock anyway.
    Thats what i have in my car, big enough for 1911 and a few mags.

Fits my Xdm40 and 2 mags, or my xd40sc and 2 mags with ease..

Glad to know you had no problems flying out..

Oh on the TSA locks, all they want from i read was a lock they can open to ck your luggage.. it has the code on the bottom for a key they have to open and ck anything suspious... I guess what ever it takes to be safe.....
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

No, you don't have a constitutional right to fly.
    You accept the indignity because you need to get from A to B.
    At some point the public will refuse the theater so some group doesn't get their panties in a wad.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    Thats what i have in my car, big enough for 1911 and a few mags.

Fits my Xdm40 and 2 mags, or my xd40sc and 2 mags with ease..

Glad to know you had no problems flying out..

Oh on the TSA locks, all they want from i read was a lock they can open to ck your luggage.. it has the code on the bottom for a key they have to open and ck anything suspious... I guess what ever it takes to be safe.....
    I don't even bother with TSA locks on my luggage any longer. I have had so many cut off by TSA that I stopped buying them. I use a nylon wire tie on occasion. I use the security cable that came with my Gunvault Microvault and cable my pistol safe to the handle rail inside my suitcase. Never had a problem at any airport with this setup.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links