Thank You, Pennsylvania! - Page 2

Thank You, Pennsylvania!

This is a discussion on Thank You, Pennsylvania! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Centre County is wonderful to work with! I moved and sent in my new address. Well, a couple of days later I got my permit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You, Pennsylvania!

Centre County is wonderful to work with! I moved and sent in my new address. Well, a couple of days later I got my permit with the new address and a yellow sticky note telling me that I had to submit $5 for the address change! It is wonderful that they kept it simple and sent the permit without having to send a letter, have me submit the $5, send the permit and submit the signature portion. Wonderful bunch to work with!! I wish all were as good/easy to work with.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Congrats.
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

not all county sheriffs approve out of state residents LTCF, very few counties do that and soon there will be no counties that will unless you come in person. That helps fear of a mistaken identity.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    not all county sheriffs approve out of state residents LTCF, very few counties do that...
    Not true. Most Sheriffs will issue non-res LTCFs, as they are required by law to do. The few that refuse to issue non-res LTCFs are in violation of Commonwealth law.

and soon there will be no counties that will unless you come in person. That helps fear of a mistaken identity.
    As I pointed out earlier in this thread, any Sheriff who believes that they may only issue to applicants who apply in person is mistaken.
    Fear of mistaken identity? Huh?

All right, I've been wondering about this for a while; are non-resident permits for people who live in a state without reciprocity? For instance, I live in WV. As we have reciprocity with PA is there any reason at all I would need a non-resident permit for PA? I'm only twenty minutes south, and drive through PA every time I want to go to the nearest Cabelas.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    Mailed off my non-resident application on the 7th, it was issued on the 12th and returned to me by the 15th! Faster than I would have believed possible, and now I can carry pretty much anywhere I travel/visit without worrying about which side of a state line I'm on. Even my non-carrying .5 is pleased to know her fella can carry without worry now.
    You're welcome and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    All right, I've been wondering about this for a while; are non-resident permits for people who live in a state without reciprocity? For instance, I live in WV. As we have reciprocity with PA is there any reason at all I would need a non-resident permit for PA? I'm only twenty minutes south, and drive through PA every time I want to go to the nearest Cabelas.

Since PA has reciprocity with WV, you do not need to get a non-resident PA permit. My situation is like yours, but reversed. I live in PA, but work in WV, KY and VA. Since all three have reciprocity with PA, I'm good to go.

However, I do sometimes travel through OH, so I'm in need of a non-resident permit there..

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    The only reason I can think of would be if a PA non-res LTCF would give you reciprocity with a state, or states, that WV doesn't have an agreement with, but PA does. OTOH, they're cheap, and if you spend time in PA, having a PA issued license could help you out if you ever encounter a PA LEO who isn't up to speed on reciprocity.

Just got my PA non-res too, mailed the app on Monday and got the permit in the mail on Saturday. God bless em, I'm thinking of moving there.....

The only other 2 non-res permits I'm chasing now are Connecticut (because I work there) and Florida, cause it really covers a lot of the country.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

I just got Utah and Florida. That gives me about 34 states, give or take a couple, that I'm legal to carry in. Utah gives one more than Florida and is half the cost.

I have to chime in with a BIG thank you to Centre County PA. I also received my CC from them in less than a week!
    Maybe someone from the state of IL will read these posts

Sent my wife's non-resident application off to Centre County Sheriff on 8 April 2010 and it was approved on 12 April 2010. Received back in the mail on 16 April 2010. Now that is fast by any standard.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links