Concealed Carry Permit - Legal Form of ID? - Page 5

Concealed Carry Permit - Legal Form of ID?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Permit - Legal Form of ID? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sprint PCS lists a conceal carry permit, with a photo, as a valid Primary ID. To apply for Sprint service you must show two forms, ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Permit - Legal Form of ID?

Sprint PCS lists a conceal carry permit, with a photo, as a valid Primary ID. To apply for Sprint service you must show two forms, a primary and a secondary or two primaries. So a DL and a CCP with a photo can get you a Sprint Cell phone, you don't even need a SSN (automatic deposit due to no credit check).
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Just did some research and found out that a Florida Concealed Weapons License does not meet the state standards as a valid form of primary identification. It does not have your signature as does a drivers license does.

Again, this is for Florida, not sure about other states.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Really?

No, ID means (in Kansas) any state issues photo ID. Drivers license, non DL photo ID and a CCH. And your not asking for trouble with flashing your permit according to the Kansas Attorney Generals Conceal Carry Division whole informed me that its as valid as any ID, more so even. As another forum member mentioned "For that matter, the purpose of a driver's license is to prove that you have passed the requisite tests to operate a motor vehicle on public streets and highways, not to prove one's identity." A CCH is to PROVE ONES IDENTITY, FURTHERMORE it shows that this person has a much cleaner background than ANYONE with a drivers license.

Quote Originally Posted by surprise View Post
    ID means drivers license, not your passport etc. Are you asking for trouble with the permit flashing? Concealed is concealed.
    Sister, Ogre and NONAME762 like this.

Personally, I have had people flash their carry permit to me to purchase alcohol. It's a valid ID. I think they are stupid. I have a carry permit also. I just don't show mine to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. On the other hand, I've seen another state ID that is issued to DUI offenders. Got the picture and everything. Says DUI OFFENDER in bold letters. Should I accept that as a valid ID to sell alcohol? It's a state issued ID. You folks comfortable with that?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Interesting the folks who say their state discourages or forbids the use of a CHL as an ID. In my state, if you go in for a driver's license, on the list of things they will accept as an alternate form of ID is -- (drum roll) -- a valid state carry license. Since Oklahoma accepts ANY state carry license, maybe any of them work (I don't know on this one).
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by chickdiver View Post
    Interesting subject for discussion. I am an HR professional, and I work for a construction contracting company. ICE is currently doing a second round of I9 audits in the SE US. They aren't currently auditing in FL, but I figure it is only a matter of time, and that the construction industry is likely to see heavy audit activity. Since I've only had my job for about 6 weeks, I conducted my own internal I9 audit and found that my predecessor did a crappy job, so I had all my guys fill out a new I9 and reprocessed the paperwork. If you are unfamiliar with the form, you must produce identification of several types to prove your legal ability to be employed in the US. If you have a US Passport, that's all you need to produce (there are a few other types in "Column A" as well), otherwise it's "Produce one form of ID from column B and one from column C" Column B includes a DL, column B includes a social security card- the two things 99% of people produce. I had one guy give me a DL and FL CWP. In reading the "Column B" requirements, it fits. It is a form of identification issued by a state agency. Not what I would have chosen to use, but, his choice.
    RE: The Social Security Card-I have one of the old cards which specifically states "Not To Be Used As Identification". Originally the card was not supposed to be used as ID. Heck, It was just recently (when I moved to AL in Fact) that my DL# was NOT my SSN. For 30 years my DL and SSn's were the same, and my CCP # in MS as well. All 3 were the same number.

In regards to the using of a CCP as ID, I have been to a few places that require 2 forms of PHOTO ID, I don't carry my Passport (even though I do have a "card" type in addition to my "book"), and other than my SAMs card I have only 2 cards with my photo on it, my DL and my CCP. I too don't see the "OMG some one will know I have a CCP" problem. Shoot, I think 3 clerks in the sheriffs office and my mail carrier knew before I did that I had one (that's the civilian population that I KNOW of).

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Personally, I have had people flash their carry permit to me to purchase alcohol. It's a valid ID. I think they are stupid. I have a carry permit also. I just don't show mine to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. On the other hand, I've seen another state ID that is issued to DUI offenders. Got the picture and everything. Says DUI OFFENDER in bold letters. Should I accept that as a valid ID to sell alcohol? It's a state issued ID. You folks comfortable with that?
    I would NOT sell them a drop of anything with alcohol to include cough syrup, mouthwash or rubbing alcohol. But that's just me. Imagine the Dutch you could find Yourself In if you did and they went out, got drunk and killed a school bus loada kids. You'd be in the deepest doo doo of your life. Just sayin'..
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    RE: The Social Security Card-I have is one of the old cards which specifically states "Not To Be Used As Identification". Originally the card was not supposed to be used as ID.
    Well Ogre Welcome to the world of Old-Farts-Ville. It says the exact same thing on the front of my SS card. On the back it shows where it was Rev. (11-61) or November 1961. Far out!! I've had this puppy longer than I thought. I was 9 years old when it was issued (to Mom and Dad). Mom gave it to me before I joined the Service...she said "now don't lose this Danny." I've had it in my possession about 39 years and I will turn 61 in near 3 months. How's that Mom??
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Well Ogre Welcome to the world of Old-Farts-Ville. It says the exact same thing on the front of my SS card. On the back it shows where it was Rev. (11-61) or November 1961. Far out!! I've had this puppy longer than I thought. I was 9 years old when it was issued (to Mom and Dad). Mom gave it to me before I joined the Service...she said "now don't lose this Danny." I've had it in my possession about 39 years and I will turn 61 in near 3 months. How's that Mom??
    I got mine at the same age (9) albeit at 46 it was later than you. I need to get a new one, mine is getting kinda ragged. On a side note, now they issue them to newborns. When my grand daughter was brought home last Sept her mom, my step daughter, had to go the next day and get her card.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Individual private entities have the right to say yea or nay on whether they'd accept it or not, after all they're a private business with rights.

My bank does not accept my Florida permit since it does not show an address, but they will accept the credit card they issued me as a secondary ID and there is certainly no address but theirs on the credit card. Go figure.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Our licenses are just a typewritten form. But, even if they were a full-up hologrammed, biometric, voicerecognition, RFID form of ID recognized by everyone up to and including the Federal Alliance of Planets, I can't see why I would ever use it as a primary form of ID.
    bigmacque likes this.

...neither does Texas...I've used it in banks but it's not a primary form of ID and they don't have to accept it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Just did some research and found out that a Florida Concealed Weapons License does not meet the state standards as a valid form of primary identification. It does not have your signature as does a drivers license does.

Again, this is for Florida, not sure about other states.
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/interne...orms/DL-17.pdf

The cop who recently pulled me over asked "You have any ID?"

"About what?" was my response. My court date comes up next week.

Just kidding, really.

Here in West Virginia, the Department of Motor Vehicles has now allowed the use of a valid WV Pistol/Revolver License to be used as a form of Identification to renew your Drivers License. I actually had to use mine last the last time I renewed, because I needed TWO forms of ID as they changed the law.

I asked the Clerk if my photo Concealed Permit would be acceptable and she said yes, pointed to a sheet of paper on the counter listing acceptable forms of ID and lo and behold, there it was.

Would I used it to enter a bar or purchase alcohol? Don't think so. But there are cases when it can be Identification.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by surprise View Post
    ID means drivers license, not your passport etc. Are you asking for trouble with the permit flashing? Concealed is concealed.

Dude really? A Passport is leaps and bounds ABOVE a drivers license for identification purposes. I (and probably everyone else who has a concealed permit/license) always have it on me whether I'm carrying or I'm not.

Not sure why the OP was using that as a form of ID though. No one needs to know that information, especially a doorman/bouncer or a bar tender.

Almost seems like he was using it to "look cool".

...somebody needs to notify Kansas, then: Kansas Department of Revenue - Driver's License Proof of Identity doesn't even make the list of supporting documents...

Quote Originally Posted by scatrbrain View Post
    No, ID means (in Kansas) any state issues photo ID. Drivers license, non DL photo ID and a CCH. And your not asking for trouble with flashing your permit according to the Kansas Attorney Generals Conceal Carry Division whole informed me that its as valid as any ID, more so even. As another forum member mentioned "For that matter, the purpose of a driver's license is to prove that you have passed the requisite tests to operate a motor vehicle on public streets and highways, not to prove one's identity." A CCH is to PROVE ONES IDENTITY, FURTHERMORE it shows that this person has a much cleaner background than ANYONE with a drivers license.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links