The ''inconvenience'' of carry!

This is a discussion on The ''inconvenience'' of carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah...carrying 16-18/7 can be a real PITA, especially with all the stuff that I carry (usually 2 guns, 4-5 knives, spare mag, flashlight, etc.). However, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The ''inconvenience'' of carry!

Yeah...carrying 16-18/7 can be a real PITA, especially with all the stuff that I carry (usually 2 guns, 4-5 knives, spare mag, flashlight, etc.). However, I definately feel that it's one of those "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" situations.

I think the thing that bugs me the most is the actual "dressing around the gun." In hot weather it sucks to have to wear an extra layer just to cover my waistline.

And then, of course, there's the whole "time required to gear-up/down" factor. Especially where the GF is concerned..."hold on, I gotta take off all my weapons..."
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    And then, of course, there's the whole "time required to gear-up/down" factor. Especially where the GF is concerned..."hold on, I gotta take off all my weapons..."
    I'm going to design some levi's with velcro inseams and a gun belt with two quick-release pins (one on each side). Pull the two pins, gun belt breaks in two, Rrrrrip....NEKKID!

Zero to nekkid almost as fast as you can clear leather.

For just such emergencies.
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

I carry my Keltec P11 in an ankle holster, with a Beretta Tomcat in my pocket. The Tomcat makes enough noise and ducking for me to get to the P11. Thank God I haven't had to really use it. I also sometimes carry another mouse gun (PT22) with quickshock ammo as a backup. I know, friends don't let friends carry mouse guns, but Quickshock ammo give a decent wound channel.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    Especially where the GF is concerned..."hold on, I gotta take off all my weapons..."
    Try playing some quiet music at low volume with candlelight, wine.........Could be turned into an "art form"

Whew.....

In the hot TX summer, I go light with a Glock 26 (pocket carry w/holster), 1 knife, leatherman, cell....in cargo shorts and light shirt...that's about all I can stand down here.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    For me it all comes down to cover garments; they're hot and not in keeping with my style of dress. I really can't untuck for work or even when away from work. I'll wear a fishing vest when out fishing and thought about a leather vest from Kahr but that would be real hot here in Missouri so I end up carrying my P3AT alot in a smart carry or a pocket holster. It's the easiest option that allows me to be carrying something. Don't know why, but I'd like to get a NAA mini in .22 mag for the church suit.

God Bless
    Gideon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links