applied for my ccw

This is a discussion on applied for my ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'm excited to say, i FINALLY, after 5 months of procrastinating, applied for my CCW. i wouldn't call it procrastinating so much though, it has ...

Thread: applied for my ccw

applied for my ccw

i'm excited to say, i FINALLY, after 5 months of procrastinating, applied for my CCW. i wouldn't call it procrastinating so much though, it has a lot to do working over night.

i thought i was gonna have to wait another week or so. i walked into the licensing department and said i'm here to apply for my CCW. she said i needed to make an appointment. but then she said hold on, walked away for a second, came back and said, "you're in luck, there are no appts for right now. but this like never happens we're almost ALWAYS booked for weeks out. consider yourself lucky" it took me 15 minutes, in and out. i should have it by the end of this month.

i can't wait to perform my first carry. i've been carrying around my house/yard like while cutting the grass, washing the cars and what not... just to get comfortable with it and get used to it being there. i'm a bit nervous to start carrying outside of the comfort zone of my property. i know for a fact i need some new, looser fitting cloths. but i don't go out hardly at all so i should be ok for now.

2. Remove Ads

You'll be just fine...'in no time'.

What's your choice of weapon and what kind of holster are you using?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Well done! You will get it soon do not worry.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Beaker,
    welcome to the c arry concealed club. I hope your application goes through without any problems. I'm excited everytime someone applies or, gets their permit Because that means we the carrying citizens of this country now have another member. Congrats to you. let us. know when your permit comes in Any thoughts on an carry weapon yet? If you need any advice or, have any questions feel free to let us know. I'm no expert but I ,can share what I have bought and shot Good Luck Until Then, Talk Soon

Trophyhunter
    Last edited by Trophyhunter; March 22nd, 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: SPELLING
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Scope Member
    New York permit
    Pennsylvania Permit
    Florida Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Trophyhunter View Post
    Any thoughts on an carry weapon yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What's your choice of weapon and what kind of holster are you using?
    the one in my avatar. springfield xd 9. and right now i have a really cheap iwb holster. eventually i'll get something better. i'm just being cheap right now.

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Congrats.
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

YAY!! officially got my permit yesterday. it wen't through with no issues. it actually issued the day i made the original post. i applied 5 days before. so it went though pretty quick. i haven't carried yet. looking foreword to it. i'm still trying to find a comfortable way to carry. right now all i've tried is IWB. owb prints to easy.

IWB: at 6-7 o'clock, it doesn't print while standing/walking. but i'm really slow to draw because my cloths get in the way. and i print very bad when i lean/bend foreword or kneel.. even when crouching and keeping my back straight it prints. its virtually impossible to sit comfortably. and lastly, it starts to tug on my belt and the buckle pushes it into my stomach which gets very uncomfortable. i tried pulling my pants up a little to help the printing and it didn't help.

i tried 9-10 o'clock (left handed) there is a slight print at times when i walk because the wind pushing my shirt against my body. more noticeable from my stand point, looking down at it. its much more comfortable when i sit of course. if i'm walking long distances it starts to chafe my leg though. but overall. i like 9-10 o'clock more but still there has to be a more comfortable. i'm contemplating getting one of those shoulder holsters. i think that's what they're called.

Links