Moving to Colorado for the Summer

This is a discussion on Moving to Colorado for the Summer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TheOhioan I am going to be in Longmont for about 10-11 weeks. Don't know what Boulder County's OC policy is. Either way ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Colorado for the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I am going to be in Longmont for about 10-11 weeks. Don't know what Boulder County's OC policy is. Either way it is just a pain that one of the few states that doesn't recognize Ohio's CC permit, is the one I have to live in. >.<
    I spoke with a guy who lives in Boulder County and who has recently got his CCW permit and it took almost the full 90 days. In Colorado they have to notify you within 90.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I read where I could be in trouble for even having a gun in the trunk of a car while driving through Denver (I-70). I take that route every year to the western slope in an RV and always feared getting pulled over in Denver.

Is that correct?
    Guns and more, if you don't mind my asking what part (what city) of the western slope to you go in your RV??

I'd be happy to suggest routes other than Denver.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I am going to be in Longmont for about 10-11 weeks. Don't know what Boulder County's OC policy is. Either way it is just a pain that one of the few states that doesn't recognize Ohio's CC permit, is the one I have to live in. >.<
    Just change your residency to CO and get a state permit. Once you live on the front range here for a while, you won't go back to Ohio.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Once you live on the front range here for a while, you won't go back to Ohio.
    Then one day you'll see the light and move to Wyoming Just teasing sorta. The front range is beautiful, unfortunately it's way crowded, and a lot of them folks are not what you call gun friendly. My shooting buddy lives in Erie, he moved there from Ohio 22 years ago, keep trying to get him to move but guess he's just too settled in.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    Aurora bans it.
    As much as I respect you, MountainPacker, I must disagree. There is no such Aurora ordinance and I have OCed in Aurora without a problem, and know of others who do so. It is true the Aurora PD has an unwritten policy that an officer seeing an OCer will always verbally discourage OC, but that's as far as it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links