Doh! Got made and asked to leave

This is a discussion on Doh! Got made and asked to leave within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Northern VA just needs to become it's only state. They could have all the gun laws they want....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doh! Got made and asked to leave

Northern VA just needs to become it's only state. They could have all the gun laws they want.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Maybe dispatch calls it in to the NC licensing authority? I know that by law for reciprocity the reciprocal state must have a 24-hour verification system, if it's just the NC state police I can't imagine why they couldn't check based on someone's vehicle registration...
    In my state, the permit database is not connected to any other database. The officer (state or local) has to ask dispatch to look and a name is required, not a tag number.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeiscrazy View Post
    Northern VA just needs to become it's only state. They could have all the gun laws they want.
    Hah. No. I like my liberty...just have to make sure they don't end up outnumbering everyone else
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

To the OP, I think you handled it appropriately. The only thing I would of done differently is state "I'm legally carrying, would you still like me to leave. If yes, comply and write the owner a letter when back at home.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeiscrazy View Post
    Ha...I've advocated that for years. They need to just go ahead and redraw the lines from the western and southern borders of fairfax straight across to the coast and just annex them with the District of Crime.

edit: On a more serious note to the OP...we need to know what gas station and where so we can write cordial letters explaining why they just lost all of our business.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I would have asked the employee..."so...you DON'T want my money? What's your name so I can include it in my letter to the regional manager"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    You did well just leaving!

Me?

If some idiot ever asks me "Are you a LEO"

I'd probably say:

"Hell yeah I'm a LEO August 21st...
    You must be a Pisces...
    My Ex wife is a Pisces...
    a nosey busybody just like yourself!"

(no offense to the fish sign peoples)
    Was your Ex named Romona? Bout as warm and cuddly as a fish once we got back from Vegas. Never mind.

Good. No hard feelings. No reason to make a scene. Now, might I remember to be just as nice and polite? I hope so.

sounds like a missed opportunity.

I would have VERY politely asked him (on my way out) what the reasoning behind his decision is for asking me to leave.

I've had it happen a couple of times while Open Carrying and had a very positive discussion with the owner of the store and ended with a handshake and permission for me to come back any time. Sometimes all it takes is a kind word and an explanation (beyond simply saying self defense) to get the "Aha" light to come on.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    You did well just leaving!

Me?

If some idiot ever asks me "Are you a LEO"

I'd probably say:

"Hell yeah I'm a LEO August 21st...
    You must be a Pisces...
    My Ex wife is a Pisces...
    a nosey busybody just like yourself!"

(no offense to the fish sign peoples)
    I need to remember that

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Ha...I've advocated that for years. They need to just go ahead and redraw the lines from the western and southern borders of fairfax straight across to the coast and just annex them with the District of Crime.

edit: On a more serious note to the OP...we need to know what gas station and where so we can write cordial letters explaining why they just lost all of our business.
    There are quite a few areas of this country that need to be excised from this country.

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    It's never happened to me, but I'm a stickler for keeping my gun concealed and I wear my badge on my belt directly in front of it just in case.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

You should have just flashed your CCW badge real fast and you might have got a free cup of coffee.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
    Gas stations are easy targets for a quick robbery.. Why in the hell would you dicourage a law abiding citizen from carrying in your store? A CFP holder could save his ass some day.. Ya never know..

I bet my face will go bright red and my mouth will disconnect from my brain if someone were to start giving me **** for carrying.. I should probably practice some responses ;)
    Just show them your "Avatar face " that should change the subject pretty quick

I think in my response to "are you an officer" I would have said, "No, I have a concealed handgun permit issued to me by the State of Virginia and I am legally carrying a firearm in a public establishment that is neither excluded by law nor posted."

Could have been an educational opportunity on the legalities of CC and OC in Virginia.

If still asked to leave I would have said, "So you don't want my law-abiding citizen money? I'm sure it will spend just fine next door."

Harder to come up with stuff when caught off guard and on the spot.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links