"Because I love my wife and family"
This is a discussion on "GOOD" one liners to respond with... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Because I love my wife and family"...
"Because I love my wife and family"
Because I can't rely on anyone else to protect myself and loved ones.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
I'm always a fan of the good ole "when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away"
I do like the "why do you have home insurance, why do you have a fire extinguisher?"
Mostly I just give the "none of your business one"...that one usually repels the possible "lecture" from someone whose life's experience in violence and crimes and opinions on firearms can be summed up by what they hear on "good morning america" in the 15 minutes they watch while they get ready to go to work.
I agree with Atlanta: when seconds count, police are only minutes away!
I am a college prof, so any time there is a question about carrying on campus (small, private college in AZ) I say simply, "Virginia Tech."
I also like "Because a cop is too heavy to keep in my pocket."
"...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective
These should just about cover it....
- I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
- I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
- I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
- I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
- I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
- I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
- I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
- I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
- I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
- I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
- Police Protection is an oxymoron.
- Free citizens must protect themselves.
- Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
Last edited by STOGIE01; March 25th, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori.”
"Because I can"
Nice and simple.
Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
"Because I know you can't protect me!"
Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper
If they ask specifically why a handgun, I would say because a shotgun or rifle is too heavy.
The bad guys have them, I'm just evening out the odds for survival.
A cop won't fit in my holster.
I have a son who needs his daddy and a wife who needs her husband.
I dunno... what would you do if you were attacked?
True story: I stopped off at a buddy's house one day on my way home from the range. His sister lived with him, and asked where I was coming from. I told her, and she was aghast with horror that I had a gun. I said "Hon, let's assume I'm a bad guy. What would you do if I broke in here and raped you?" "Um, I'd call the cops." My response: "Thanks. I'm already done. I got what I wanted and left long before they got here. You're still raped, beaten, bloody, maybe dead. How well did the cops protect you?" Crickets chirping....