Is MSNBC trying to bait us in to give us the slam? LOL - Page 2

Is MSNBC trying to bait us in to give us the slam? LOL

This is a discussion on Is MSNBC trying to bait us in to give us the slam? LOL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TravisABQ Excuse me? "proof of education? Yep. When you mail in the application, you submit documentation that you completed an approved training ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is MSNBC trying to bait us in to give us the slam? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Excuse me?

"proof of education?

Yep. When you mail in the application, you submit documentation that you completed an approved training course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    They are trying to stir up outrage that people can get CCW permits through the mail from States they don't live in even though their resident State won't issue them one.

They are also trying to spin the refusal to issue in the resident state as some sort of "dangerous person" thing that is being ignored by non-resident issuing States.

Utah and Florida should get on the news with an "Official Press Release" regarding their programs and tell MSNBC to get stuffed. Officially.
    They have, several times now. MSNBC just doesn't give up pushing their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    Whenever I see the phrase "pack heat" I KNOW that the article will be anti-gun.
    LOL, "tote" and "brandish" cause the same reaction in me.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I don't know what goes on on MSNBC. I'm too busy watching the Cartoon Channel.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    MSNBC is right! The only reasonable solution is that every state becomes shall issue, have reasonable requirements, and have 100% reciprocity.
    That "reasonable requirements" statement is DANGEROUS. Who defines reasonable? You? Me? The latest Senators from NY, NJ, IL, CA? Don't fall into that false sense of the word reasonable.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This guy is a writing hack..every time he mentions legally licensed concealed carry he calls it packing heat..couldn't be professional and say carrying a concealed weapon??

If Pennsylvania officals" are POed about Florida giving permits to (PA) residents that do not qualify in Pennsylvania they can revoke the reciprocity with Florida agreement and Pennsylvania residents must have a Pennsyvania permit..Duh

That's what AZ did when UT issued a blind guy a permit who could not pass the AZ shooting requirement ..still stands today.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    That "reasonable requirements" statement is DANGEROUS. Who defines reasonable? You? Me? The latest Senators from NY, NJ, IL, CA? Don't fall into that false sense of the word reasonable.
    Obviously my post was in jest, because I "agreed" with MSNBC. By "reasonable requirements", I meant what "we" (majority of gun owners) would define reasonable.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    This guy is a writing hack..every time he mentions legally licensed concealed carry he calls it packing heat..couldn't be professional and say carrying a concealed weapon??

If Pennsylvania officals" are POed about Florida giving permits to (PA) residents that do not qualify in Pennsylvania they can revoke the reciprocity with Florida agreement and Pennsylvania residents must have a Pennsyvania permit..Duh

That's what AZ did when UT issued a blind guy a permit who could not pass the AZ shooting requirement ..still stands today.
    It's not Pa. It's Philly

See:http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ere-begin.html
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    They are trying to stir up outrage that people can get CCW permits through the mail from States they don't live in even though their resident State won't issue them one.

They are also trying to spin the refusal to issue in the resident state as some sort of "dangerous person" thing that is being ignored by non-resident issuing States.

Utah and Florida should get on the news with an "Official Press Release" regarding their programs and tell MSNBC to get stuffed. Officially.
    I had to have my VA resident CHP before PA would issue me a non-Pa resident LTC.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    In one of my academy classes, we had a supervisor from the Utah BCI (issuing authority) as the instructor. We were told that FBI background checks are run on EVERY SINGLE Utah CFP holder res/non-res, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT automatically. Should something come up, the permit will be suspended/revoked the very next business day.

No one at MSNBC will tell you that though, and most don't know it.

You all are special, now you know how it works in Utah.
    Actually the article does quote the Utah instructor as saying that. Resident permit holders are checked daily. Non-resident quarterly, but he thinks they may eventually do non-resident daily also. now thats being responsible and making sure only law abidding citizens have permits.

I thougt the guy on the video was pretty good!
    Marty Hayes, President
    Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links