Concealed Carry on Dates?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry on Dates? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my girlfriend has known I carry for long before we started dating. She's been interested in getting hers for a while. It's always a ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on Dates?

Well my girlfriend has known I carry for long before we started dating. She's been interested in getting hers for a while. It's always a good start to date a girl you know carries.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

She'll ask, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" If she grabs it and exclaims, "OOOh, it's a gun!" You've found the right girl.

Seriously, I'll know a girl well before taking her out, so the subject of guns has probably already come up. If she's cool with it, great. If not, I'll look elsewhere.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    This has come up a few times, but your post is still a good one.

My advice (I'm not that much older than you, but I'm married, so I'm no longer in the same boat, I guess) is to carry anyway, and not go out of your way to bring it up.

No loss on girls you've just met. If they hate guns that much, odds are you probably wouldn't have gotten along for long anyway.

Hi, 20 something woman here.

If you've chosen to CC all the time then CC on the date. It's called concealed carry for a reason.

You should not be disclosing to someone you hardly know that you CC. No one should know but you. And, unless she is into guns she probably won't even notice that you are "printing" if you happen to. (How long have you been carrying? I'm sure you've figured out what movements result in printing.)

If things get intimate and she then gets in a position to feel your gun reassure her that you are not a nutcase nor are you violent (depending on how much you want her, offer to leave the gun in the car if it will make her more comfortable).

I know you're young and don't want to do the wrong thing, so for a quick example I share my own case.

Before my wife and I went out socially(to restaurants, movies, etc.) I asked her if she had any problem with firearms. She asked me "why, do you have one?" To which I said, "Yep, I have a couple." She then replied, "Cool, can we go shoot sometime?" End of that little question.

Now, I did that up front first because I didn't want to waste time on someone who wasn't on the same page with my core values

Yes, I was carrying when I asked her. Did I tell her I was carrying? No.

I wasn't sure of the response I was going to get to that question. And drawing from the past reactions I received from the Libtard girls I used to date, I didn't want to instill any false panic into her. I guess the thing is, don't tell her you're carrying until you find it appropriate to. You'll know, don't worry brother. Concealed is concealed.

In a nutshell, get it out in the open, if she's not on the same page with self defense and personal protection, you have just saved yourself a lot of time and energy to try to convince her otherwise. Carry on and don't fear, you will find the right woman for you.

Good luck
    Anthony
    Last edited by dakotasdad; March 26th, 2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: friday AM

don't tell her, continue to carry..If thing go well that would be the time to ask her if she wants to see your snubby.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

You snuggle up real close to her and tell her, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

yeah just dont to prematurely blow your ammo when she feels your hot steel

hahaha...sexual gun puns are fun!
    guns rule

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Only date girls you meet at the gun range. That way you'll have a nice story to tell your grandkids. Something about how grandpas first words to me where " I love the shape of that beautiful 1911".
    Not necessarily.

Just inviting her to a first date at the range, should work, too.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    If you're going out, take the firearm! If you take a young woman on a date you must be a gentleman and not only show her a fun time, but a safe one. Why in the world would you consider leaving your best defensive tool at home???

As for some of the other comments, honestly if you're taking her out just looking to score on the first date than you are no gentleman and none of this applies to you. I kinda doubt that is the concern, but it's there anyway. Treat her like a gentleman, be up front with her and respectful of her intelligence, her reputation and character, and her safety, and you'll be great.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by tessa View Post
    Get a mouse gun, pocket carry, ankle carry, or leave it locked in the car. They'll never know with any of these methods. You're too young and dating too many to know the "right" one within the first month and you don't want everyone to know, so definitely don't tell.
    Exactly. Get something that you can pocket carry and she will never know until you tell her.

Concealed means concealed.

Welcome to the group. You will learn alot. To answer your question "Do you carry on a date? Yes, the 1st-31st on every date in that month. J/K

As most stated Consealed is just that. Get to know the girl ask about the family, growing up, ever go camping, horseback riding, shooting, white water rafting, you get the idea. Family in law enforcement? Uncle in Fire department?

Work it into the mix. Let us know how thing work out.

PRSOrater,

fwiw, i'm old enough to be your GRANDfather, so a bit of advice from me: ALWAYS CARRY, every day, everywhere that it is LAWFUL to CCW.

the day that you do NOT carry, is the day that you will DESPERATELY need a handgun. - IF she is OFFENDED by your handgun, change GFs.
    (YEP, i'm serious. on my "VERY BAD DAY, when i HAD to defend my life from a group of 5 thugs, i was REALLY glad that i was armed. had i NOT been armed, i'm convinced that i wouldn't be here to post to you.= fyi, i wouldn't wish that night on my worst enemy - the evening of 04/06/1986 was NOT FUN!)

just my opinion.

yours, TN46

I really appreciate all the replies, good to have some more insight.

In regards to the couple of comments hinting towards and extra-special fun night, if this were the case we wouldn't be "doing the deed" if she hadn't known me well enough that I carry. So in terms of surprising her like that, I wasn't too concerned with, haha.

I feel like when it boils down to it, I carry for a reason and I shouldn't have to compromise any of these reasons, values, or my (and her safety) just because I'm afraid I might offend or scare her. If she's worth keeping around, she'll be on the same page or open minded enough to make the second date a range.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSOrator View Post
    I really appreciate all the replies, good to have some more insight.

In regards to the couple of comments hinting towards and extra-special fun night, if this were the case we wouldn't be "doing the deed" if she hadn't known me well enough that I carry. So in terms of surprising her like that, I wasn't too concerned with, haha.

I feel like when it boils down to it, I carry for a reason and I shouldn't have to compromise any of these reasons, values, or my (and her safety) just because I'm afraid I might offend or scare her. If she's worth keeping around, she'll be on the same page or open minded enough to make the second date a range.

Thanks everyone!
    You are in college.

Your life is supposed to be about the appearance of conformity and lying to women in order to get them to do imoral carnal acts with you at the earliest possible opportunity without committment.

Didn't you get the memo in orientation?

Ask your academic advisor. He'll tell you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links