Concealed Carry on Dates?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry on Dates? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PRSOrator I really appreciate all the replies, good to have some more insight. In regards to the couple of comments hinting towards ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on Dates?

Quote Originally Posted by PRSOrator View Post
    I really appreciate all the replies, good to have some more insight.

In regards to the couple of comments hinting towards and extra-special fun night, if this were the case we wouldn't be "doing the deed" if she hadn't known me well enough that I carry. So in terms of surprising her like that, I wasn't too concerned with, haha.

I feel like when it boils down to it, I carry for a reason and I shouldn't have to compromise any of these reasons, values, or my (and her safety) just because I'm afraid I might offend or scare her. If she's worth keeping around, she'll be on the same page or open minded enough to make the second date a range.

Thanks everyone!
    You've gotten some good advice in this thread, and it sounds like you have your head on straight.

If you decided not to carry on a first date, you would have to ask yourself why you are dating a girl that you had already decided was not worth protecting.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    You are in college.

Your life is supposed to be about the appearance of conformity and lying to women in order to get them to do imoral carnal acts with you at the earliest possible opportunity without committment.

Didn't you get the memo in orientation?

Ask your academic advisor. He'll tell you.
    I really should start going to my advising meeting

mkh
    Ask your self 2 questions:

1. Why do I carry a concealed weapon?
    2. Is reason #1 negated by the fact that you are "on a date"?

We carry for personal protection of ourselves and those we care about. That should not change just because you are on a date. The BGs don't care if you are on a date or not.

I always carry except when I'm in places that it is illegal (i.e the post office that I visited today). Once I was back in my car from mailing my letter the weapon went back into its holster and I was carrying again.

Edit: ^^^ Wow, this looks suspiciously like I stole mkh's idea.

Why do you carry in the first place?

I will make the assumption that you carry for self defense.

If you believe that there is something about being on a date that means you do not need to defend yourself, then don't carry.

If that is the case, I would ask you what it is about being on a date that negates your need to defend yourself. Perhaps your date is going to do it for you?

Otherwise, always carry.

i always carry....havent OC'ed yet with the new one im hanging out with..
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    You are in college.

Your life is supposed to be about the appearance of conformity and lying to women in order to get them to do imoral carnal acts with you at the earliest possible opportunity without committment.

Didn't you get the memo in orientation?

Ask your academic advisor. He'll tell you.

I'm intriguged by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

On a serious note. When my wife and I first started dating, after about 3 or 4 dates we were talking on the phone and she asked what I was doing that weekend. I saw an opportunity to break the ice, knowing she was working on that Saturday. I said I was thinking of going target shooting at the range. She had a few questions like do you own, what kind, etc. I asked if she had ever been, and she replied, no, but she thought it would be fun.

And, well, the rest is history.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Yeah, I remember my first date.......Dad said, "Son, do have any protection?"

I said "Yes, dad, I have a Smith & Wesson!"

All kidding aside, it depends upon how the lady thinks or about firearms. You should try to get that particular piece of information before going out.

It's kind of a big decision, but if you feel "right" about taking precautions and carry your firearm, hopefully she will understand you have her interests in mind.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Carry on your 1st date then maybe beat around the bush (no pun) to see how she feels about guns.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    On a serious note. When my wife and I first started dating, after about 3 or 4 dates we were talking on the phone and she asked what I was doing that weekend. I saw an opportunity to break the ice, knowing she was working on that Saturday. I said I was thinking of going target shooting at the range. She had a few questions like do you own, what kind, etc. I asked if she had ever been, and she replied, no, but she thought it would be fun.

And, well, the rest is history.
    I carried on the first date with my wife too (in 1983). I ended up taking her shooting at a later date and she fired everything I had.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I'm intriguged by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    getoffthex.com

See "The Locker Room" board.

It's...um...different...from here...

The young lady I am currenty seeing asked me out of the blue if I knew how she could get a cc permit....

I showed her the G26 in my waist band and said "sure do"! I am going to sit through the class with her. Her mom is a conservation officer so she was raised around guns and appreciates that a Glock always brought her mom home safely.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

I better carry on my first date ... 'cause when I get home, I'll be looking down the barrel of my wife's gun ...
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Some crazies are out there.... You may wish to carry to defend yourself from your date!
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I'd say yes, but be careful. I imagine you could get in some serious trouble if your date turns out to be crazy and starts freaking out and accusing you of stuff. That's kinda the problem...you never know.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links