Concealed Carry on Dates?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry on Dates? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried searching for this but was unsuccessful, hope this isn't a dead horse that I am about to take a blunt object to. I'm assuming ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tried searching for this but was unsuccessful, hope this isn't a dead horse that I am about to take a blunt object to.

I'm assuming I am one of the younger members apart of the board, being 21 and new to concealed carry. But being younger comes with young questions that I hope some of you more experienced members will be able to help answer / provide insight.

I'm single, a college student, and regularly go out on dates with girls I've either just recently met or have known for quite some time. My question to you is, do you carry on the first date?

I don't know if I would feel comfortable getting to know / making a first impression with a girl and either:
    A) Telling her I carry a firearm / currently carrying
    B) Not telling her and having it print / being "made"

Part of me feels as if I should leave it at home, but the other part of me feels as if I should take it with me everywhere.

I don't like / want people to know I carry, whether they are friends, friends of friends, complete strangers or new potential friends (i.e. the date) so I don't know how I'd feel about telling her on the first or even the second date.

Thanks in advance for the insight, and if I missed a thread where this was discussed please kindly show me in the right direction.

Only date girls you meet at the gun range. That way you'll have a nice story to tell your grandkids. Something about how grandpas first words to me where " I love the shape of that beautiful 1911".
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Kind of hard not to be made, on a good date . So I would use my judgment about the person, and the nights itinerary. So what it all boils down to is what does you think you should do in this particular case.

Part of me feels as if I should leave it at home, but the other part of me feels as if I should take it with me everywhere.
    Yup, that's the answer right there. Conceal it up good and after a few dates and you both feel it's working out, have a sit down and discuss it. If she's against it, well its better to find out on the front end what her opinion is regarding CC and then its up to you if you want to give up your defense tool.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

It all comes down to: "honesty is the best policy"....
    If you approach the subject candidly and calmly.....one of 2 things will likely occur.....
    1) She "doesn't like guns.....HATES GUNS.....can't be NEAR a gun - or anyone who has one......in short, "cold case".....At this point, IMHO....move on - there ARE other fish in the sea.....
    2) She is a bit squeemish about guns, and asks why you carry....She doesn't "hate" guns, but is curious about them and why someone would "tote one around"....Be up front...answer her ?s and explain (firmly but politely) that guns are a part of your life..just as SHE is...
    If they're respected, they'll both make life better!!
    From here..only YOU and SHE can decide where this leads....
    Best of luck to you! If my advice helps.....GREAT! (Remember me when you hit the Lottery....!)..
    If my advice DOESN'T help.....I plead the 5th!!!

Never date a girl that doesn't CC.

I'm a nonlawyer spokesperson.

Instead of asking yourself if you should carry on your first date, ask yourself if you want to be carrying on your first opportunity to be a victim?

Next question, how is the first date going to know?

Simple answer to your original inquiry, YES!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Here is a previous post on the subject:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...en-dating.html
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSOrator View Post

I'm single, a college student, and regularly go out on dates with girls I've either just recently met or have known for quite some time. My question to you is, do you carry on the first date?
    If you do your part, by the time she would notice the gun, and clothing is removed, she shouldn't care.

I'm in the same boat as you. Unfortunately many of our peers still haven't figured it out yet.

Usually I'll carry any way and see how things progress. Eventually if things are going good, then I'll hint around the subject and see what the reaction is. If positive, then we're going to the range, if not, too bad so sad, see ya next time.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. Unfortunately many of our peers still haven't figured it out yet.

Usually I'll carry any way and see how things progress. Eventually if things are going good, then I'll hint around the subject and see what the reaction is. If positive, then we're going to the range, if not, too bad so sad, see ya next time.
    IMO you have the best advice. I'm glad this is one situation I can side step. I'm long in the tooth and married forever to the best shooting buddy a man can have, my wife!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Get a mouse gun, pocket carry, ankle carry, or leave it locked in the car. They'll never know with any of these methods. You're too young and dating too many to know the "right" one within the first month and you don't want everyone to know, so definitely don't tell.

Always carry...if she isnt comfortable with it....then more than likely her morals and mind set isnt align with yours, but maybe it could be a topic of conversation for you on a date and you could give her an educated perspective.

Perks to carrying on a date, aside from the conversation, you have the possibility to protect your date in the instance something happens...then you'll have a really great story to telly your grandkids about how you saved grandma by shooting some BG who tried to mug yall on the first date.....
    Second awesome scenario...if you get "Lucky" and she grabs the wrong gun...maybe you could just add some cuffs to the mix and play a little good cop bad cop...**** you're in college, the girls are still experimenting...could be hot! haha
    guns rule

Quote Originally Posted by das38spl View Post
    It all comes down to: "honesty is the best policy"....
    If you approach the subject candidly and calmly.....one of 2 things will likely occur.....
    1) She "doesn't like guns.....HATES GUNS.....can't be NEAR a gun - or anyone who has one......in short, "cold case".....At this point, IMHO....move on - there ARE other fish in the sea.....
    2) She is a bit squeemish about guns, and asks why you carry....She doesn't "hate" guns, but is curious about them and why someone would "tote one around"....Be up front...answer her ?s and explain (firmly but politely) that guns are a part of your life..just as SHE is...
    If they're respected, they'll both make life better!!
    From here..only YOU and SHE can decide where this leads....
    Best of luck to you! If my advice helps.....GREAT! (Remember me when you hit the Lottery....!)..
    If my advice DOESN'T help.....I plead the 5th!!!
    You forgot option 3.

3) She shows you hers and you spend the first part of the evening comparing.

The reason you carry now doesn't go away if you are on a first date. I assume you will go to the same kind of places on a date that you go to in your daily routine. I don't know the PA laws, but you obviously won't carry if you are going to a prohibited place. Otherwise, I'd vote for carry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links