Would you impersonate a police officer if..

This is a discussion on Would you impersonate a police officer if.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm fully aware that the police are not responsible for my protection at any time of day. This is one of the key factors in ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you impersonate a police officer if..

I'm fully aware that the police are not responsible for my protection at any time of day. This is one of the key factors in getting my CWP. On the flip side of things If I'm being shot at and feel like my life may end I will react as such, draw pistol, find cover, get ready to take a life, and make the best out of my 16 rounds.

If at any time a cop makes his/her way into that process I will find cover make eye contact with the cop set my gun down and not slide it down the floor like a hockey puck. So I'm not giving up my gun just reassuring him/her that I'm not the threat that needs to be dealt with. If he/she request one more gun in the fight so be it,however, I will not leave the cops side at any time. Like I have said they are the ones with vests so they can take point. I case you haven't seen the key word in this post is cover. Hopefully we both will see another day together or apart.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    You should never impersonate a police officer, slap yourself for even considering it.
    What he said.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSW40 View Post
    Agreed...if a cop is firing at me and trying and take me down because of his ignorance to the current situation..he's getting put down with the BG.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSW40 View Post
    Agreed...if a cop is firing at me and trying and take me down because of his ignorance to the current situation..he's getting put down with the BG.
    And you will be sharing a small room with iron bar doors with sevearl other BG's
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    If at any time a cop makes his/her way into that process I will find cover make eye contact with the cop set my gun down and not slide it down the floor like a hockey puck. So I'm not giving up my gun
    If the responding Police Officer does not know whether or not you are the suspect (or part of a group of suspects), you may choose to just place your gun on the ground in front of you, but the resonding LEO is then going to give you commands to get you away from it. Until he determines whether or not you are the threat, he is not going to keep you in close proximity to the firearm. He will back you away from it.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    And you will be sharing a small room with iron bar doors with sevearl other BG's
    Or watching grass grow from the bottom side when the additional responding officers observe him firing on the officer.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Isn't there a rule on this forum about not breaking the law or encouraging others to do so?

Yes there is a rule on this forum regarding encourageing illegal behavior, however is this actual illegal in every juradiction of an individual can claim self defense? I do not know the answer but an actual case would be interesting to read. I find it hard to believe that its OK to use leathel force when in fear of grave bodily harm. But using a deception tactic while still under fear of death or bodily harm would constitute illegal behavior. Please excuse the typing on a droid.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Or watching grass grow from the bottom side when the additional responding officers observe him firing on the officer.
    Atleast I would go down fighting for my right to be alive rather than being another headline "Family of Atlanta Man sues City of Altanta Police department for wrongful shooting"
    guns rule

Isn't there a rule on this forum about not breaking the law or encouraging others to do so?

Yes there is a rule on this forum regarding encourageing illegal behavior, however is this actual illegal in every juradiction of an individual can claim self defense? I do not know the answer but an actual case would be interesting to read. I find it hard to believe that its OK to use leathel force when in fear of grave bodily harm. But using a deception tactic while still under fear of death or bodily harm would constitute illegal behavior. Please excuse the typing on a droid.

Just on a side not I fully believe in not getting involved. But the op asked a specific senario question relating to a situation one is involved in. I hope I would never be in any shooting and I regurly practice avoidance. But if found in the situation as described by the op, I would do everything possible to survive.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Bingo.

I see cops...I drop the gun to the ground, kneel, and prone myself out IMMEDIATELY (!!!!).

Even if inside my own home...I would do this.
    They come cuff me right out the gate. Fine.

Just don't tase me bro...or send in a dog...or shoot me dead like Amadou Diallo.

I cannot think of a situation where it would be prudent to state in so many words to another that I am a police, without actually being one.
    That is in many states a major crime in general muchless to do same as toward a real police.

- Janq
    I agree with Jang.

And if you ever are in a situation like the one mentioned, don't expect a warm welcome and thank you. Expect to get handcuffed and treated as such until they figure who is who and what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dbsmith54 View Post
    No, police show up and I put the gun down and move away from it.
    Yup. I'd probably drop my gun, put my hands on my head, and get down on my knees. Then I'd let them know I'm a law abiding citizen just trying to help, and the real shooter is still inside.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Nope not even for a holloween outfit.

Originally posted by Rob99VMI04 Yes there is a rule on this forum regarding encourageing illegal behavior, however is this actual illegal in every juradiction of an individual can claim self defense?
    Feel free to cite a single jurisdiction anywhere on the planet where claiming to be a police officer when you are not a police officer isn't illegal.

Self defense implies using deadly force in most places that is treated a crime. Self defense is not just a tool in your hand it is a strategy of survival.

Feel free to cite a single jurisdiction anywhere on the planet where claiming to be a police officer when you are not a police officer isn't illegal.
    Please show me a case were a victim of a crime on progress who was later let off for using lethal force was even charged for saying he was cop based on the scenario above.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links