Defensive Carry banner

Setting friends straight

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  CenterOfMass 
#1 ·
I had to set some friends straight yesterday on recent Ga gun legislations. The state legislature changed the carry laws and left it up to property owners to decide wether to allow carry into bars,churches and college campuses. My buddy's apparently are under the impression that suddenly shootings are going to sky-rocket because people can carry into these areas. I pointed out to them that what the new law ACTUALLY does is get the government out of our business and leaves it up to the people who OWN the property whether to allow firearms into their places.

#4 ·
The" situation out of control" is the argument the anti-gunners always use, and it never holds water.

Likewise, they claimed FL would become the new "wild west" when it passed its right to use lethal force in defense. Never happened.

#6 ·
^^^^YEP^^^^^^

yet the delusional anti-gun buffoons still cling to their tired od mantra, don't they.

"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man

#8 ·
The laws have not changed yet, only passed the GA Senate by a veto proof majority. They still have to go to the House where they can be changed, amended and voted on.

The section added for Bars and Churches in it's current form would not mean the church has to request you leave if found carrying and they don't want you to (as with private businesses), it means you have to be granted permission to carry before you enter.

#10 ·
Why is it that the fear that Libs have of some law abiding citizen actively carrying with a license to do so, is so much more of a threat than the hoodlums that just want to break the law and kill indiscriminately? Just doesn't make sense.

#11 ·
Why do you feel the need to have witty comebacks for friends?

I posted this on another thread -

Advice: Wise men don't need it, and fools don't heed it.

They make their own risk decisions, you make yours. Unless you secretly feel you're a fool for carrying a sidearm, you should just shrug and move on.

#13 ·
I agree, and when I come upon friends, relatives, and neighbors who are unarmed, I can quickly discern if it is worth my time to explain the importance of SD/HD. I don't waste my breath with 'real' anti's.:nono:

#15 ·
As far as the idea that carrying in bars will cause shoot outs, here in Nevada we can not only carry in bars, we can drink as long as we stay under a BAC of .10 (I don't drink). There have not been any shootouts in bars here.

#16 ·
I still havent been able to figure out the reasoning behind some peoples views. I consider myself very liberal in my political views and I dont view some of the people i meet as liberals causing problems. I tend to look at them as close minded and uneducated, they have a tendency to re-gurgitate what they have been taught. I think that the world would be a little better if people would step outside of their comfort zones and learn to think for themselves.
Thats just my opinion...I could be wrong.

#17 ·
The bill in question is suppose to "clarify" the confusing current law in Georgia in regards to establishments and definition of "legal" carry in one. As someone pointed out, the bill still as a long way to go before it becomes law; and that includes the Governor's signature which is not a slam dunk!

Stay vigilant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.