SC specific questions

SC specific questions

This is a discussion on SC specific questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach posted? Also wondering aobut Broadway at the Beach? Going in a few weeks and wasn't carrying last time so ...

SC specific questions

Is Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach posted? Also wondering aobut Broadway at the Beach?

Going in a few weeks and wasn't carrying last time so I didn't pay attention, don't want to leave in the car as the hotel has a safe and I'd rather leave it there if I can't carry.

Thanks
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

If your coming to Myrtle Beach (Murder Beach) you had better carry. Crime has really gotten out of hand and there are many gangs downtown in the Ripleys area. I would suggest going to Charleston, SC. It's much nicer.

Charleston has less crime????? than MB??? Geez!
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

I would hope so. Gang activity is really on the rise here. Everywhere you go, you see the bandanas hanging out of back pockets. Home invasions have become commonplace.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey purple: I would think that the time of day would dictate some further study on this question. If you plan on being there and going/coming to/from your car in dark of night--maybe you should check further. Daytime visits are so busy that I doubt this is a significant problem, particularly if you pay attention to where you park and maintain situational awareness. I have been to both venues and never "felt" any problems. As far as visiting Charleston or Myrtle--very different venues regardless of crime--if you want Broadway at Beach you do not want Charleston and, while on subject in answer to the previous replies,--name me any metro/resort area where crime does not exist---isn't that why you seem so concerned about CC?

I've been to both and don't remember any signs, but that was last summer so things may have changed.

If you're heading to Broadway at the Beach, consider where exactly you'll go. The restaurants there mostly (if not all?) sell alcohol for on-premises consumption.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

We'll only be out during the day, will stick to the hotel at night, lots of pools and even a bowling alley in the hotel. Mostly concerned about Ripley's being posted as my daughter LOVES sea life and we have to go there. As far as Broadway at the Beach they did Magiquest last time, and we walked around the shops, I think we ate at Johnny Rockets...can't remember if they serve alchohol- I can probably check a menu online. I was mostly concerned if there was some kind of blanket "no carry on premises" sign for the whole place. I carry everywhere I can, live just outside Charlotte and I am sure you know it has some major crime problems too.

Thanks!
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Links