Defensive Carry banner

Jared Jewelry store "NO GUNS" sign

16K views 68 replies 63 participants last post by  lionround 
#1 ·

"No persons shall carry, possess, have under the person's control convey or attempt to convey a firearm, concealed firearm, dangerous ordinance, handgun, or deadly weapon, on or onto this land, parking lot, or premises." :hand1:

That is on the window near the entrances of local Jared Jewelry stores. I turned around and got back in my car right after I read the sign. Too bad for them, I spent my thousands of dollars elsewhere. :hand10:

See less See more
#2 ·
well that ought to stop all crime ..not... I never shop there anyways ....

Reactions: BamaT
#4 ·
I used to have some cling on stickers that I would stick up on the window next to these signs that said

"Criminals, feel free to rob, rape, and muder at this location"

I dont do that anymore.

#58 ·
Jarad's and Kay Jewelers are the same company . . .
They aren't the only ones owned by the same parent company.

A few years ago I was looking for something specific and went to both places a 3 others. At the last place I mentioned that I was at the other stores and still didn't find anything. The sales person mentioned that they are all owned by the same company. It was funny since out of 8 jewelery stores in the mall only one wasn't under the same umbrella.

James

#7 ·
to all,

i routinely send a note telling the merchant with a "no guns policy" WHAT i was shopping for & WHERE i went to BUY it, after i refused to do business with their firm.- i've been known to send them a copy of the receipt, too.
(fyi, i tend to buy a LOT of good jewelry for my lady, my 4 nieces & my daughter. - i won't buy at anyplace where CCW is prohibited!)

my note gives an address where "you can notify me by mail, should you choose to want BOTH my money & my armed presence."

yours, TN46

#18 ·
My kind of girl! :smile:

#10 ·
Here in my state, we simply ignore the signs (which are scarce). They can ask me to leave, if I refuse(which I wouldn't)...they can call the police and I could get what is essentially a parking ticket. $30 fine. Second offense $75. Third could jeapordize your permit. I respect the polling places, sporting venues, state and federal buildings.

#11 ·
We stopped at Jared's once. Saw the same sign and left.

I try to vote with my dollars. Wilderness Tactical has put together a list of carry friendly restaurants (our laws recently changed). I've made it a point to let the managers know exactly why I'm there spending money.

The manager at Lone Star knows us by sight now and always makes a point to come over and say hello. Hoping to get him to the range someday.

Holdcard

#13 ·
My view:
(1) It's the store's right to refuse to allow guns on the premises.
(2) It's also your right to shop elsewhere.
(3) Everyone should exercise their rights as they see fit, as long as no one is harmed.

Why would you be wasting time in a jewelry store when there is probably a good gun store nearby?

#54 ·
My view:
(1) It's the store's right to refuse to allow guns on the premises.
(2) It's also your right to shop elsewhere.
(3) Everyone should exercise their rights as they see fit, as long as no one is harmed.
Well, sure. A company can make whatever rules they want against gun owners, but if you don't follow them you're not breaking the law, only some lame "rule," that has no legal standing whatsoever. The most they can do is ask you to leave, but if the gun is concealed anyway, how would they know?

Say a BG comes in to rob the place while you're there with your concealed pistol - so what? Let him take the jewelry, it's not your job to stop him. If he starts executing people and you nail him, you're a big hero and the company probably gives you a medal. The police sure aren't going to arrest you for it.

Why would you be wasting time in a jewelry store when there is probably a good gun store nearby?
EXCELLENT point!

#19 ·
Good to know, when it comes to my jewerly needs they will never get my business.

#20 ·
I definitely did not see a sign like that when I went in to my local Jared. It was a quick trip anyways since I was looking for nice watches for myself and they don't carry any of my brands. Next time I drive by I'll have to stop and look for it.

#24 ·
Basically over-inflated mall prices but located in out parcel mall parking lot buildings or across the street. Jared is a rip off anyway. Stay away. Learn about your precious metals and stones before you buy. Diamonds are overflowing on the secondary market and because they are not pegged to a standardized market value they are only worth as much as the seller can sucker you into paying for them. Gold on the other hand has skyrocketed along with Platinum. Buy smart. Buy scrap and have it cast into the gift you want. Look in the phonebook and call around and try to learn who the freelance guy who does all the 3rd party work for the major stores is. A place like Jared's probably farms out to 3 or 4 of the these type of guys because of their volume. Go to them fo everything you need and save 50%+ and there won't be any "get naked before coming in here signs"

#25 ·
The Jared's here have the same silly signs. Since their signs mean nothing in Florida, it is kind of amusing.

There's a Jared's store in a strip mall here, with the same sign trying to claim dominion over the entire parking lot. What fools.

Matt

#29 ·
Take THAT armed robbers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.