Oregon ccw for neighbors states

This is a discussion on Oregon ccw for neighbors states within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive read oregon may issue to neighboring states does anyone know the stipulations on this. My current situation is im a legal washington resident with ...

Thread: Oregon ccw for neighbors states

Ive read oregon may issue to neighboring states does anyone know the stipulations on this. My current situation is im a legal washington resident with drivers liscense thats address is within 22 miles of oregon but im active duty stationed in kansas. Im still technicaly on military leave from my job in oregon and when i go home to vist i go to oregon for half the time. I know this kind a wierd situation but if any one knows or has a good place to look with a more definative law on this id grately appreshiate it, i have my wa petmit and my ks permit should be in the mail shortly.
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

You have to explain to the Sheriff why you need one..I have a copy of a letter for this purpose, worked for a buddy of mine in Washington...PM and i'll send it to ya..I would suggest you apply in Grant County the Sheriff there has said he will issue to non residents...let me know if I can help

You also need a NRA safety course...let me know uif I can help u...

dan

Quote Originally Posted by Wistrick View Post
    You have to explain to the Sheriff why you need one..I have a copy of a letter for this purpose, worked for a buddy of mine in Washington...PM and i'll send it to ya..I would suggest you apply in Grant County the Sheriff there has said he will issue to non residents...let me know if I can help

You also need a NRA safety course...let me know uif I can help u...

dan
    The Grant County Sheriff was at the gun show in Puyallup Washington today, and reportedly accepted 700+ applications for non-resident permits.

Look at this thread for info on requirements and a free on-line course that satisfies the requirements Oregon CHL Class

Links