Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have carried for a few years now. I am comfortable enough that if really becomes part of me. It is not uncomfortable and it's ...

Thread: Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

I have carried for a few years now. I am comfortable enough that if really becomes part of me. It is not uncomfortable and it's weight doesn't distract me.

I don't feel that people are looking, because it is concealed, and these items took time to overcome.

I do always try to keep abreast of things going on around me. There are just to many idiots running around that would like to do harm to others. I feel that these are the leftovers from the caveman days that have never advanced mentally or socially.

I hope that I never have to use my weapon in self defense, and yet I know that should I ever use it I will use it to the full extent of its design.

I am not the fastest draw in the world, and I am not the slowest either. I know that I will be able to draw my weapon should the time become nessesary.

I am far from being the best shot in the world, and farther from being the worst. I can hit a man sized target with ease at up to 50 yards with a good probability that it would stop an attacker.

I have made up my mind that I will defend another person should the time ever come.

Again I hope that time doesn't ever happen.

Let us remind ourselves we carry for self defense, not pride in having a weapon. We have a huge responsibility for ourselves, and others.

Let us honor our rights to carry, and defend it with whatever it takes to retain that.

We are americans, and we need to be proud to be one.

Carry with pride, honor, and respect for our rights. Remember that every time you carry your weapon with you.

Elshadow

Well said. Nice to hear some logical viewpoints every once and awhile.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

assume we're all carrying, nice and easy does it.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Thanks for your thoughts
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member
    Nice viewpoints although I personally may not hold to line item seven.
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Excellant post, Thank You.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Nicely put. Thanks for the reminders, especially about priorities.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Nice post, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Regards,
    Dan
    I would not use my weapons in defence of another person, IF they are not known to me and/or I don't know what situation is happening.
    example given in another post a while back. A man in a car stops and grabs a young girl and drags here into the car. Is this a kidnapping/abduction in progress, or is the girl his daughter who was being a wise a$$ and ran out of the house?
    No, they have to be someone I know, (and like), and know the situation going down.
    Rest of the post = A1

Regards,
    Dan
    Defense of a third person is a sticky situation. In most situations when you defend a third person, you open yourself up to legal liability to the third person if you do not complete the defense or if you defend them and make the situation worse.

I know that I would defend my friends and family, but a random third person is a different situation all together....everyone should think long and hard about trying to interevene in a situation where you dont know the parties involved, it could end up costing you more than doing nothing at all.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    A man in a car stops and grabs a young girl and drags here into the car. Is this a kidnapping/abduction in progress, or is the girl his daughter who was being a wise a$$ and ran out of the house?
    No, they have to be someone I know, (and like), and know the situation going down.
    Rest of the post = A1
    The bottom line is that you have to look at each situation on it's own and with great care. If you could be wrong, you should hold back. But if it's a clear case, like a mass shooter in a store, it would be wrong not to try and stop him.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

VIP Member
    I like it elshadow, thanks!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Explanation

In reguards to my statement on defending someone else!

I didn't clearly explain. I meant that if I were to observe a life threatning situation, such as someone trying to shoot, or stab, or otherwise do something that I would consider the same to be life threatning if it were happening to me.

I hope that explains what I meant. I would surely try to use rational judgment in case a situation should ever arise.

elshadow

Regards,
    Dan
    +2

The above withstanding, Very well stated and believe those that have carried "regularly" over the years follow along these lines conduct.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Many of the third person defense issues depend on the laws of the state you live in as to legal problems after the fact.

I believe most people who consider themselves a moral law abiding person would do what ever they could to help a third party in trouble.

A moral law abiding CCer has the option to use deadly force if needed.

Just knowing you have that ability can put courage in the soul of a moral law abiding person.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Sponsored Links