South Dakota

This is a discussion on South Dakota within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heya folks, I'm a big believer in first-informed is fore-armed, so if anyone can help me out with a site to answer questions, I'd really ...

Thread: South Dakota

Question South Dakota

Heya folks,

I'm a big believer in first-informed is fore-armed, so if anyone can help me out with a site to answer questions, I'd really appreciate it (checked USACarry and Handgunlaw.us as well as google'd it).

Subjects I'm looking for information on
    No Guns Allowed Signs
    Printing Law
    Other Weaponry besides Pistols (such as ASP Baton) Legality

Any other subjects ya'll think I should read up on (I've been through the military's ROE/Use of Force training, as well as several pistol and hunter's safety courses *although I'm going to go again here before too long: more information the better*).

Secondarily, my wife is working twoards her CC, but has never been through any guner's classes. Basic Pistol and a firearms safety (pistol) courses I'm thinking is a good idea... any other reccomendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Ads

AzB
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Here's a link (gunlaws.com - South Dakota Gun Law Links) to the South Dakota page on gunlaws.com. The page contains other links to pages, most of which are maintained by the state of South Dakota, to their firearms laws.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Vladimirx01,

In my 16 years of cataloging gun laws of the 50 states I have never read a law that says: If the firearm prints. Or if they can see the outline of a gun. I have only read the firearm must be concealed. Not visible is the closest I can remember seeing that would even come close to a printing law. As long as you make a good faith effort to conceal the firearm you are within the law. But then again you can be arrested and given your day in court to. The state has to prove you violated a law. Again I have never seen a law that says, " IF the firearm prints." If anyone knows of such a law please email me at admins@handgunlaw.us and let me know about it.

As for Signs. In some states they have the force of law. In others they don't. The question I have for you is why would you want to go into a place and spend your hard earned dollars when they tell you they don't want you in their place. That is always the way I look at it. I carry the No Guns = No Money cards and they have my name address, phone, Email address etc on them and I make it a point to tell them I will never spend any of my money in their establishment.
    I won't go anywhere that has a sign unless there is a law on the books that states it is illegal for me to carry there.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Gary,

Thanks for the information. I definately agree with ya about the patronization of buisnesses that don't welcome me (and my money). However, that said, I'd rather know than not know.
    The will to win is meaningless without the will to prepare! -- Joe Gibbs
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live. -- Douglas Adams
    What's the best gun to have in a gun fight? The one you have on you!

P90DC, LCP, PT145, PT140, LCP, Rem 870 and so on and so on...

Links