Mag Holder Give-a-way

This is a discussion on Mag Holder Give-a-way within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been reading on here about how important it is to keep a concealed handgun concealed. I've read many posts where people talk about avoiding ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mag Holder Give-a-way

Mag Holder Give-a-way

I've been reading on here about how important it is to keep a concealed handgun concealed. I've read many posts where people talk about avoiding printing through clothing. This has made me wonder...If the object is to stay concealed why would anyone carry an extra mag holder on a belt, since that would give away what you have concealed?

I've also read that IWB mag holders are uncomfortable, pocket carry of a mag could lead to a failure, since lint, etc could get into the mag, ankle carry would be out of the question when wearing shorts in the summer. So what is a guy who wants to carry an extra mag and keep it concealed to do?
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

I may die by my own gun, but whoever kills me with it will have to beat me to death with it, cause it will be empty by the time they get it.

2. Remove Ads

put it on your belt and pull your shirt over it
    guns rule

Put it in a Gerber or a Leatherman pouch...

why would it give you away...you put it on your belt UNDER your shirt just like you would the gun..... if your right handed and put it in the 10-11 o'clock or there abouts how would that give you away if its under the shirt?? I guess im not getting what you mean. And to be honest when im CCing I often just throw it(if its a 10 rounder or less) in my front pocket that ive made sure nothing else is in nor does it get used for anything else and I make sure its cleaned out first by flipping it inside out(lint removal)...thats also where I carry my 2 stripper clips for me Snubby...but please let me know how a magazine on a belt under a shirt gives you away any more than a gun underneath a shirt does since the mag is a eighth the size and EASIER to conceal???

And for my SR9c I carry the 10 rounder in the gun and the 17 round reload up front at about 10-11 O'clock for 27 rounds total.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    Put it in a Gerber or a Leatherman pouch...
    +1 on that, I got a clip on
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I've never had any problem carring an OWB mag pouch on my weak hand side. I've carried them for all size and caliber guns and I carry a bullet pouch with extra .38 spl rounds on my strong hand side for when I carry my S&W 638 . They are always covered by either a shirt or jacket and have never given me away.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Belt loop velcro flashlight case, can be insight but nobody knows whats in it. Could be a clip, a knife, a flashlight, or my pez dispenser.

I meant that it would give me away, since I was thinking that if I had it on my belt while I was wearing my MTAC holster with my shirt tucked it would be exposed. Untucking would cover it obviously, but I was thinking of what to do in cases where I had my shirt tucked.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

I may die by my own gun, but whoever kills me with it will have to beat me to death with it, cause it will be empty by the time they get it.

Generic case for knife, cell phone, radio, multi tool. Unless it's in an open mag holder like a Serpa, what's going to give it away? And if another CCW'r makes you, why is that a problem? Cause the rest of the public will not even pay any attention to it. I carry in a crossbreed on Sundays to church and carry my mag in a generic cell phone/radio case from Lowe's. No problems yet.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Legal carry in a church in Georgia is not an option yet. I'm going to start looking for a non-descript carry pouch like you mentioned. I looked for a cell phone holder but a glock 23 magazine is much wider than most cell phones and wont fit in the holders I've seen so far. A holder for a small maglight flashlight might work.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

pocket carry looks like you're best option then
    guns rule

I have never really been concerned about printing through my clothes. In the summer time I wear shorts and a t-shirt. It does print some but 99.9% of the population will never notice it due to their level of awarness of their surroundings (or lack there of).

Mag give-a-way

Quote Originally Posted by MrSig View Post
    I have never really been concerned about printing through my clothes. In the summer time I wear shorts and a t-shirt. It does print some but 99.9% of the population will never notice it due to their level of awarness of their surroundings (or lack there of).
    Good Point. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

i dont worry to much about printing etc and if i carry a spare mag normally i just drop it in my pocket
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Carry spare mag in back pocket.
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links