Which businesses don't want our business?

This is a discussion on Which businesses don't want our business? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen some posts dealing with particular establishments that aren't carry-friendly, but it would be nice to round them all up into one post. Who ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which businesses don't want our business?

Which businesses don't want our business?

I've seen some posts dealing with particular establishments that aren't carry-friendly, but it would be nice to round them all up into one post.

Who has posted signs?

The only one I have seen around here is Buffalo Wild Wings.

2. Remove Ads

The VCDL keeps a pretty good list. Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I would rather have a list of people who want my business, Starbucks come to mind...i that list out there...

About three months ago I saw that the movie theater that I frequently see movies at has a sign at the bottom of the door (about ankle height) that says no firearms. I continue to ignore it as it is not in a conspicuous place.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Try these lists.

NRA-ILA :: National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

And don't forget, the 2 ways our voices get heard clearly is 1) with our votes 2) with our money.

Vote and spend your money however you'd like, but just think about what that will lead to.

Mr Sig, Conspicuous space or not, a sign posted here in Colorado is just a sign posted to make others happy. You can legally carry in an establishment with a posted sign if you wish to donate money to them. However, you'll need to leave immediately if you're asked to do so.

I'm at the point now, I dont even look for signs unless it's blatantly obvious in front of my face. Even then, if I need to go in, I don't let a sign stop me from doing what I need to.

Alf87 - That is my understanding as well. I hate to donate money to places like that but my wife really likes that movie theater. And actually almost every movie theater I've been to here in Colorado has those signs. It has become hard to go see a movie and not donate money to places that have those signs.

Mr Sig, I agree. I havent seen any obvious signage at the Cinemark Theaters off of Powers here in the Springs. I remember looking for them when I first started to CCW here but I never saw any signs.

My deputy colleagues assure me that a permit holder can ignore all the signs because they have no force of law. This is probably why I make no effort to look for them anymore.

I have noticed signs at the Cinemark Theater in Fort Collins but no signs at the one in Boulder. Every AMC I have been to has signs. We like going to the AMC at the Promenade (104th and 36).

Quote Originally Posted by MrSig View Post
    Alf87 - That is my understanding as well. I hate to donate money to places like that but my wife really likes that movie theater. And actually almost every movie theater I've been to here in Colorado has those signs. It has become hard to go see a movie and not donate money to places that have those signs.
    I hear that. Nearly every theater now has those signs now. What hurts even more is the ticket prices. Not only am i giving them money, but I'm giving them ALOT of money. I usually just ignore the signs. Haven't had a problem yet. (Knock on wood)

I have heard a rumor that Costco has a "No Guns Allowed" company policy. However, when i went to my local store, i did not see a sign anywhere, and the clerk at customer service had no clue of such a rule.

I do know that Jared's Jewelry is strict about their no-gun policy, as is Tuesday Mornings.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

What a good line! Taken from the Virginia Citizens link...

Ignoring the fact that permit holders are among the most law abiding people in the Commonwealth, Richbrau owner Mike Byrne has decided to ban all guns in his restaurant. One has to wonder how many people have been harmed at his restaurant, and on the way home by firearms, as contrasted with the number harmed as a result of the alcohol he serves?
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by djz87 View Post
    I hear that. Nearly every theater now has those signs now. What hurts even more is the ticket prices. Not only am i giving them money, but I'm giving them ALOT of money. I usually just ignore the signs. Haven't had a problem yet. (Knock on wood)

I have heard a rumor that Costco has a "No Guns Allowed" company policy. However, when i went to my local store, i did not see a sign anywhere, and the clerk at customer service had no clue of such a rule.

I do know that Jared's Jewelry is strict about their no-gun policy, as is Tuesday Mornings.
    I go to the Costco in Superior all the time. I always carry there and have never seen a sign. I did hear that the Costco in Thornton on Washington has it posted.

That is a lot of money when you go see a movie in the 3D IMAX!

The Barrywoods AMC in KC MO had no signs that I saw when I was there a few weeks ago.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Quote Originally Posted by djz87 View Post
    I have heard a rumor that Costco has a "No Guns Allowed" company policy.
    And they carry quite a few Gun Safes In there stores

That's where I bought my BigHorn Rhino Safe!

Hypocritical bastagas

seems the north corolina state park don't want our business EITHER, so i will stay out of there parks. no problem, there are many other parks around to hike saftly..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links