Motorcycle and going into no carry zones

This is a discussion on Motorcycle and going into no carry zones within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; plus one the federal reserve is no more federal than federal express...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle and going into no carry zones

plus one the federal reserve is no more federal than federal express
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

2. Remove Ads

If I know I'm going to the Post Office,I will stop in a parking lot and pull between 2 cars,then I unholster and field strip my gun and leave the receiver in the saddle bag,I take the slide assembly in with me,If they do rob me while I'm inside all they get is a frame and not a whole gun.I don't know of too many gun companys that will sell just a receiver,unless it's a 1911
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a 1986 Yamaha Virago... If I have to go to no carry zones....maybe I'll just drive my truck...

Thanks for all the info!
    JVD
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

Quote Originally Posted by JVD85 View Post
    I have a 1986 Yamaha Virago... If I have to go to no carry zones....maybe I'll just drive my truck...

Thanks for all the info!
    JVD
    920 or 1100? My dad had one and it was one sweet ride.

I got a locking case, an armoured cable, and a fork bag. The case fits in the bag and the armoured cable runs through the lock hole in the case, out the back of the bag, around one of the forks, back into the bag, and locks together inside the bag. The case holds everything I carry save my 1911. Which isn't good considering I have been carrying that a lot more recently. Now that I think about it, it would hold all but the slide assembly fairly well. This was a lot easier than trying to find a setup for my pack. I don't have saddlebags on my '86 VT700C to put it in and I would have had to cut holes in my pck to use it. I have seen, though, mounts just for motorcycles where you snap your gun into it, fold over the flap, and lock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Just get a Goldwing and you won't have a problem.

I agree with Kapn, use a little safe to put it in the bag. Also use your SA, and make sure no one is paying attention to you and limit your time in the facility.

I agree about the Wing

My Harley (recently sold) had locking saddle bags, so no problem.
    Now it's a four-wheeled motorcycle, a Mazda Miata...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    secure it gun safe (they are available for less than sold at com if you look around)....in the bag with the cable routed to the frame...it is not difficult to unholster and pack the gun without people seeing it...anything that will cover the gun (lightweight jacket, etc) can be pulled out of the saddlebag and used for cover while drawing and anything you have to do to the gun is done in the saddlebag...its very simple and i have done it outside of a bar with multiple people standing around without them noticing...oh...and i ride an obnoxious harley...

will it fit in your locking side cover... my revolver, PF9, etc. will.
    Otherwise, I put it in the bag, lock the bag, and turn on the alarm.

I locks thru the trigger guard..and it works..

"Brains before Bullets"

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I locks thru the trigger guard..and it works..

That's pretty cool. Did you make it or is it available somewhere? If it available, please share!
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

You must be a fair weather rider, that looks like it would be bad on the gun in a good rain storm or flooded street. I would mount higher up and to front of the back seat, with a covering method so it couldn't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    You must be a fair weather rider, that looks like it would be bad on the gun in a good rain storm or flooded street. I would mount higher up and to front of the back seat, with a covering method so it couldn't get wet.
    Well if you look at it, you can see an obvious leather cover flipped up and leaning against the seat... which looks to be able to almost completly conceal the weapon and be locked down if needed from the looks of the hole?...
    If you take a closer look, you'll see that the gun's slide appears to be almost completedly incased in some sort of holster (Kydex would be my guess), so its really not exposed to the elements.... you would also know that the placement of the holster in this case is located right under and behind the rider's left thigh, about where you would find a jocky shift. The elements would be mostly blocked by the leg, and located in a place which allows enough room to be able to extract the weapon from the holster... any higher and you might hit your thigh or hip during the draw causing a problem... its also a great position, if needed, for the passenger to be able to access the weapon too...almost like an ankle holster....

My guess is that he has a functional gun bolted directly to his bike where it is readily accessable by both the driver and passenger, he's probably not a "fair weather rider".

I personally think it's an awesome and well engineered design!! Its also a great idea for the topic of this thread! I'd like to hear and see more details! More photos please!
    "Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori.

Quote Originally Posted by STOGIE01 View Post
    My guess is that he has a functional gun bolted directly to his bike where it is readily accessable by both the driver and passenger, he's probably not a "fair weather rider".
    I'm not trying to insult him in any manner, it was meant "jokingly" and some people are only fair weather riders... so what ... it's the way it is .... some people are smarter than the rest of us who ride in about anything.

I am pointing out though ... it appears that it is set up assuming good weather, which is fine if that's what you are riding in most or all of the time.

I've been water as high as that holster too many times to count. Plus in deep spots when it sprays on you from passing cars, etc... it will get "wet"... the water rolls into the side of you, not only the front. There is nothing to protect the opening caused in the front and back from the leather folding over to cover the gun.... you'ld have one wet gun if you were in the rain storms we're commonly in.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Or maybe he only locks it up there when he goes into the post office?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links