Concealed Carry At Work Surprise Today.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry At Work Surprise Today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked at our corporate employee handbook online and it says nothing about CHL. Someone in my group took the class on Saturday and sent ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry At Work Surprise Today.

Concealed Carry At Work Surprise Today.

I looked at our corporate employee handbook online and it says nothing about CHL. Someone in my group took the class on Saturday and sent a note to HR today and asked them what our policy was on CHL at work. They wrote him back and called him and said that we do not have a policy against it..... and our building has no signage on it!

While this thrills me, I think I would still rather leave the gun locked and hidden in the car in the parking lot just in case.

But, this IS promissing.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nice to hear about a "friendly" company! As long as you feel safe inside its boundries, I wouldn't think leaving the gun in the car would be a problem.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Put it on when you get ready in the morning and take it off when you go to bed.
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Quote Originally Posted by PSLOwner View Post
    I looked at our corporate employee handbook online and it says nothing about CHL. Someone in my group took the class on Saturday and sent a note to HR today and asked them what our policy was on CHL at work. They wrote him back and called him and said that we do not have a policy against it..... and our building has no signage on it!

While this thrills me, I think I would still rather leave the gun locked and hidden in the car in the parking lot just in case.

But, this IS promissing.
    Why?/In case of what?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

But, this IS promissing.

Sounds like HR gave you the thumbs up to carry at work to me. You'll be at a real disadvantage(or worse) if something happens and the weapon is in your car.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

VIP Member
    Smart carry or pocket carry .

Quote Originally Posted by Carry4MyFam View Post
    Put it on when you get ready in the morning and take it off when you go to bed.

Amen!!!
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Why do some people insist on ASKING for trouble?

Hope your company stays on the right path.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

+1 for the Smart Carry.

I sure wish I could carry at work!

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    Why do some people insist on ASKING for trouble?

Hope your company stays on the right path.
    I wonder what the policy will be 2-weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    I think it depends on if the person in HR that was asked is pro gun or not. It may never escape his/her desk.

Keep it on you all day. Numerous accounts of attacks in company parking lots walking to & from car ... what then? Not to mention the obvious "What if" shooting in the office. How frustrating would it be to need it at those times with it locked in your car? Most forum members with office jobs can't CC at work & wish they could, & here you are, able to but don't! Don't wanna be to hard on you, but ... WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING!!

PLEASE put it on & stay safe. Repeat after me ... ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, ANYBODY!

Hope your HR inquiry didn't throw up a "red flag" that will be addressed at the next board meeting, resulting in new anti CC policies in the near future. If my employee manual has zero mention of firearms, no legally posted signs, work in a legal facility (ie. not school, Post Office, courthouse, etc.), & I haven't received any UNPROVOKED verbal instruction from a superior on the matter, then I'm CC'ing & not asking / not telling. Concealed means concealed.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Yes^^^^^^^^

depends on the company, how sharp the lawers are on civil law, etc.........I'd be on pins and needles.

If something "goes without saying," why do people still say it?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

But, this IS promissing.

I agree... why on earth would anyone want their gun with them when a disgruntled worker comes for a killing spree. Much better to leave it in the car so you can find it gone at the end of the day when someone broke into your car looking for checkbooks, cash, GPS, and CD's.

Ok, sarcasm off! Just giving you some food for thought and a different perspective.

Btw... now that someone spilled the beans... look for a policy change in the near future. Sheesh... some people boggle the mind.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We just past a law that we can have guns in our vehicles at work, but a friend just got this memo:

Gov. Mitch Daniels recently signed into law legislation that allows employees to keep guns in locked vehicles even if those vehicles are parked on company property. That law takes effect on July 1, 2010.

Cummins’ policy prohibits employees from bringing guns onto all Company property – and it remains in effect. We are in the process of reviewing the applicability of the law to each Cummins' facility. Until further notice, Cummins employees are not permitted to bring firearms onto any Company property, which includes vehicles in the parking lot.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links