My LCP sights are hard to see.

This is a discussion on My LCP sights are hard to see. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Give this a look low cost 85-90 dollars from a dealer no shipping if you shop around Company is a bit ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My LCP sights are hard to see.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Give this a look low cost 85-90 dollars from a dealer no shipping if you shop around Company is a bit higher to steer you to dealers works well I have one. Install your self in minutes. You almost not even know you have it one the weapon.
    Laserlyte — SML Ruger/Kel-Tec .380
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I watched their video. That looks really good.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I watched their video. That looks really good.

Fitch
    It was a new one to me. I put it on my daughters LCP 380 found it to be useful at the ranges you would most likely use one outside during a full sun day.
    The less light even a slight over cast it get even better. I think most of us know the hardest shots will be in low light .
    I know there are some site out that that really burn but they also go in the 250 and up with almost not limit in cost.
    Most of us need to set limits.
    Ordering another one to go on a LC9.

The only reason they even put sights on these little guns is that people wouldn't, for the most part, buy them if you didn't. These are really point and shoot guns. The sights are extraneous after a point. Some smaller mouse guns simply admit it and eliminate them all together. However some people simply will never accept that or make an effort to learn point and shoot and not buy them for that reason. They buy them even thought they are, for all practical purposes, worthless. If they are in scale with the gun they simply are not going to be a good sighting method. And... for self defense with ANY gun, point and shoot is a technique you should learn and employ anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    The only reason they even put sights on these little guns is that people wouldn't, for the most part, buy them if you didn't. These are really point and shoot guns. The sights are extraneous after a point. Some smaller mouse guns simply admit it and eliminate them all together. However some people simply will never accept that or make an effort to learn point and shoot and not buy them for that reason. They buy them even thought they are, for all practical purposes, worthless. If they are in scale with the gun they simply are not going to be a good sighting method. And... for self defense with ANY gun, point and shoot is a technique you should learn and employ anyway.
    Well I done a bit of shooting in my life. Some fun some sport and some because it just had to be done.
    90% or better CC people will never have the time it takes to be a gun show hero. A simple short range laser can improve their chances greatly.
    Even the Army gave up on open site on m16/M4 for close order reflective fire they proved that simple m68 type red dot great improved the shots.
    Yes your right the muscle memory, using your grip to point and hit center mass at close range is the fastest and best approach.
    Adding a simple laser just gives you another tool that requires very little extra on your part.
    Low light engagements will always be your hardest shot no madder how good you think you are.
    I would never knock anyone thats was working on finding options that work for them.
    First time the Army handed me an M68 I told them to stick it .... then I used it and worked with it now I have a version of it on some of my personal weapons.

My daughters target shoot today 30 or 30 21 feet quick fire LCP380
    You can get the job done with a LCP

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Well done to your daughter! That's excellent shooting with that gun.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Well done to your daughter! That's excellent shooting with that gun.

Fitch
    I agree the first thing the scorer ask was how am I suppose to count this.:) He was shocked when she stepped up he made a comment about could have pick a better weapon for the range.

Your daughter is a great shot. The LCP sure can get the job done. I put 50 flawless rounds thru last Friday no problems with $12.97 PMC 90gr. FMJ. Used 12" X 12" Winchester targets at 7 yards. In "double tap" sessions. In other words, shot two, holster gun draw and shot two etc.
    Attached Images
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links