My LCP sights are hard to see.

This is a discussion on My LCP sights are hard to see. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Ruger LCP, a firearm that sacrafices certain things to aid in concealability. One of the things that were left behind to aid ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My LCP sights are hard to see.

I have a Ruger LCP, a firearm that sacrafices certain things to aid in concealability. One of the things that were left behind to aid in quick pocket draws were the sights.

Do you fine folks have any tricks to improve the sights on an LCP without making them snaggy? I was thinking of painting the front sight white, but what should I use for paint?
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

The stock sights are horrific. The easiest way to improve it is to add a Crimson Trace LG-431.

I don't see a need for sights at all with a pistol like this made for short range shooting- the distance between the sights is so short! It's really better for point shooting, just practice shooting using natural pointing without even getting it up to the eyes. Or get the laser. We have a Seecamp .32 which is even smaller and has no sights at all, they just aren't worth much.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

check link..>> Sight Paint Kit, Shooting Supplies, 20/20 Concepts at Sportsman's Guide

I bought some and have been satisfied, i painted the sights on my SA heritage rough rider and it helped...
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I would have used the word horrific, but I was trying to be polite...lol

$200 bucks is a bit steep for a laser for that gun, but I like the sight paint kit. Even if I dont usee the sights in the customary manner, it is nice to get a quick fix on the front sight.

The gunshop that sold it to me said it was a point and shoot, and not to even worry about the sights.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I would practice point shooting. In the event you have to use it, you really won't have time to line up sights anyways.

If they're close enough to warrant you using the LCP, chances are you can't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    $200 bucks is a bit steep for a laser for that gun, but I like the sight paint kit. Even if I dont usee the sights in the customary manner, it is nice to get a quick fix on the front sight.
    - I've bought my Crimson Trace Laserguards from reputable eBay sellers for a lot less than that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    I would practice point shooting. In the event you have to use it, you really won't have time to line up sights anyways.

If they're close enough to warrant you using the LCP, chances are you can't miss.
    - I agree that you should practice point shooting for close ranges, but IMO, it doesn't hurt to have a laser in your toolbox. A laser also really helps practicing point shooting with snap caps.

For longer distances, the laser will be more accurate than the LCP's sights for most people.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ge-report.html

Sights? We don't need no stinking sights on a little belly gun.

You think the sights are bad on the LCP, take a look at this little shooter of mine - no sights at all.

I don't miss within 10 feet.

With a 45 caliber ball, a huge booming blast, a cloud of smoke and fire like a flame thrower, I'll be OK - Bad Guy will be gone and his pants will be soiled.

BkCo1 likes this.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    $200 bucks is a bit steep for a laser for that gun
    LG-431 is $152 out the door at Trophy's Tactical, from where I got mine: Crimson Trace Laser Grips - Trophy's Tactical Gear - Free UPS Shipping
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

huge booming blast, a cloud of smoke and fire like a flame thrower

I thought you were introducing Supermans step-brother there for a minute.

Daub the front sight with white acrylic fingernail polish...works like a charm.

I added the Crimson Trace grips not only to help with sighting, but I think it gives the tiny firearm a bit more "intimidation factor" to the potential BG.

Step into the world of 'point shooting' http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/index.php , and you won't need those sights...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by kybandit View Post
    Daub the front sight with white acrylic fingernail polish...works like a charm.
    This. I've done it on several guns. My Mark II has a green painted front site to differentiate it from the white and black targets. Works great. My keltec p3at got the white fingernail polish treatment.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Elephants are big! Sorry, I though we were pointing out the obvious.

Put a laser on it, it is hard to beat an illuminated front sight with a sight radius that ends on the target.

To me it isn't a gun that would see much range work, it would only be used in high stress situations and as much as I train to look at the front sight, I expect that I would index off the back of the gun at the speed and distance it is likely to see.

Set the laser so that you can see the dot at 7 yds looking through the sights and use it as a front sight.

My on my Kimber when I am using the iron sights I can't see the laser, but for the LCP I would use it different.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links