Defensive Carry banner

Concealed Carry on the job question

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Diddle 
#1 ·
Ok so i recently got a job as an in home computer technition. The other day I had to go to a clients house in a bad side of town. It was over in the west end of birmingham. I didn't carry because I was told when I got the call it was in another town but when I called the client and got the address i found out where it was. So it was a rather uncomfortable considering there was some less than desireable looking people around. I was quick to finish up the call and leave.

Well i talked to my boss about it today and he asked if i packed. Of course i had my 1911 on me and said i always did. He said if i can keep it concealed he wasn't going to say anything. Then he opened his truck door and showed me the kimber 1911 in the door compartment. Then he said "yeah there's another one on the other door."

Thought it was pretty cool of him but I am curious. Can I legally carry into someone else's house without them knowing?

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3 ·
Can I legally carry into someone else's house without them knowing?
If you are legally carrying (licensed), and you are not carrying in an area that has been clearly designated as "not allowed" by state law, then you are clear to conceal carry in a residence.

If, however, you are found out to be carrying you will have to obey the homeowner wishes. If they ask you to leave then you must leave immediately.

Carry, conceal, keep your mouth shut and be safe!

#4 ·
Agree with the above posts. I carry on the job (work in an office; we've recently had to let some people go who were not thrilled about it obviously - I won't be a victim in the event they come back looking to make trouble). Keep it discrete obviously. Be safe.

Peace.

- Savage

#6 ·
There are a few states that require you to seek the permission of the home owner to enter 'armed' (Alaska is one of them). Check your state laws.:yup:
Other than that...:rolleyes:

Stay armed...concealed is concealed...stay safe!:yup:

#7 ·
Very good advise here....

#8 ·
According to a discussion on another board you can carry in a private residence, with a permit, without their permission. However, if asked to leave because you are discovered, you should leave, or could be charged with trespassing.

The link says that Alabama Code 13A-11-73 (CC permit) overrides 13A-11-52 (Can't carry except on your property). If this were not the case, a CC permit in AL would only be good in your car.

Standard IANAL disclaimer.

#10 ·
I don't knowingly allow people I don't know to carry in my house. A one time visit into my home by a worker does not qualify as knowing somebody.

When my personal safety in my home is up against somebody else's personal safety, mine always trumps.

Of course, concealed is concealed. What I don't know, I don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.