Need some opinions please - Page 2

Need some opinions please

This is a discussion on Need some opinions please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also is the holster you have adjustable cant wise. I found that by adding cant on taller guns it makes them easier to conceal....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also is the holster you have adjustable cant wise. I found that by adding cant on taller guns it makes them easier to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman31774 View Post
    I have a .40 Glock 23...i'm finding it hard to conceal properly..it prints badly..i have tried inside pants holsters and don't really like them..i'm a big guy...(working on losing a few pounds, ha)...but still...i'm considering another firearm to carry concealed.....something smaller and thinner...i love the .40 and want to stay with that caliber.....any suggestions on a different firearm...glock 27 is smaller i know....what other brands/models would you suggest !
    Thanks !
    personally i use the galco jackass shoulder holster system w/ my springfield XD tactical in .45 in cooler weather with not problem. for warmer weather i carry a ruger LCR IWB 5'8" 260 lbs for a frame of reference lol i've found that when i can get away with it a shoulder holster is the most comfortable route to go for me.

Smile Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions

In the winter I carry my CS45 in a custom kydex holster, with a custom kydex magazine holder from FIST. They are both inside the pants holsters with clips on them. I am large as well and they don't show. In warmer times of the year I carry a Bianchi nylon fanny pack with secret holster for my CS 45. It also carries my handcuffs, extra loaded magazine, badge, pens, etc. There is even room for my wallet in it.

i'm considering another firearm to carry concealed.....something smaller and thinner
    Keep in mind that a G-23 and a G-27 are both 1.18" wide.

Of the several guns that I have, the G 27 is the one that I pick the most because of its conceal-ability, ruggedness and firepower. You can find a thinner, lighter or smaller gun, but the G 27 is the most versatile weapon in my arsenal.

Kahr make a small manageable quality pistol. A PM40 is a great alternative to a G27. I recently purchased a PM9 and sold my G27

I have occasional printing problems with my G23, but I think its more related to the shirt i am wearing and the holster cant. Saving up for a nice Pure Kustom holster, so I will live with it for now. Obviously a smaller gun is more concealable, but you can conceal anything its more what you conceal it with. Personally for me concealed doesn't have to mean invisible, it means not obvious.

I am a small guy, 5'9", 150 pounds and I have no problem at all carrying the Glock 23. I LOVE IT. I carry in this in the waistband at 5:30. Jeans and a t-shirt. Also remember that a good carry belt is essential to successful firearm carry, especially for medium to large framed firearms.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman31774 View Post
    I have a .40 Glock 23...i'm finding it hard to conceal properly..it prints badly..i have tried inside pants holsters and don't really like them..i'm a big guy...(working on losing a few pounds, ha)...but still...i'm considering another firearm to carry concealed.....something smaller and thinner...i love the .40 and want to stay with that caliber.....any suggestions on a different firearm...glock 27 is smaller i know....what other brands/models would you suggest !
    Thanks !
    Obviously you are not new to guns, and for that reason you would be able to handle a sub-compact. If you want to stay with .40 cal. you perhaps could look at the Kahr PM40 (http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_40sw_pm.html); you will hardly find a .40 that is easier to conceal, and Kahrís are quality firearms. However, its recoil might be a little too much for some people.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I have a G27 and with a Galco summer comfort holster, it hides pretty well, with the right shirt. Another I tried and liked is a TSC ( www.ThreatSolutionsConsulting.com )- UCR ( ultra concealment rig ). It's all kydex, but comfortable, easy to use/ both draw and re-holster, and put on and off, it's hard to feel the 27 at all. It runs about $60 but takes 10 to 12 weeks to finally get ( small shop )
    One other option which isn't for everyone, is a 5.11 holster shirt. I can comfortably carry the G27 out of sight in it, plus spare mags. It's good for sitting in a car or similar. You need to wear a shirt over it. It's meant to fit snug which keeps everything secure.seems to be well made. It should handle your G23 with no problem. It's $44.99 at quartermasters.I also got one of their Covert Tactical shirts to wear over it ($ 49.99). Quartermaster | Police Equipment, Security Uniforms, Military Supplies
    Hope you can find something that works..
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I vote for the SA XD40 SC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links