Need some opinions please

This is a discussion on Need some opinions please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a .40 Glock 23...i'm finding it hard to conceal properly..it prints badly..i have tried inside pants holsters and don't really like them..i'm a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some opinions please

I have a .40 Glock 23...i'm finding it hard to conceal properly..it prints badly..i have tried inside pants holsters and don't really like them..i'm a big guy...(working on losing a few pounds, ha)...but still...i'm considering another firearm to carry concealed.....something smaller and thinner...i love the .40 and want to stay with that caliber.....any suggestions on a different firearm...glock 27 is smaller i know....what other brands/models would you suggest !
    Thanks !

Walther PPS .40 is nice and thin. That being said, I have experienced several failures while shooting it at the range. At this point I wouldn't be able to trust it implicitly.

I pocket carry the G27 just about daily. With a good pocket holster, it not hard at all to pull off.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I've gone from IWB's to this OWB... FIST, INC.
    It's a Fist #12 Basic and my Glock-36 looks like the holster on the right with the Glock in it.
    It rides as tightly as my IWB's and the forward cant makes the Glock disappear into my side...very easy to conceal.

In fact, I'm ordering another on for a Glock-26 tomorrow.

Keep the Glock 23, and try the Fist #12 Basic...you may save yourself the price of a new gun...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad to know I am not the only one that has trouble with the Glock 23. I will have to try the holster. I am a normal build and I have the same issues listed above.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

It has been my experience that sometimes a smaller pistol is the best solution to a concealment concern. I think a G-27 serves this role quite well. If it is hard to conceal a G-23 now, it's not gonna get any better when summer hits.

I have a 22, 23 and 27. I alternate them as/if necessary to accomodate the environment, or the absolute necessity for concealment being paramount. I do recommend the grip extension magazine base plate for a 27. It's worth it to be able to use your pinky in the grip of the pistol process, else it tends to wind up on the bottom of the magazine.

Would an M&P compact in .40 work?

Springfield XD40SC
    Steyr S-40

I carry a full size S&W M&P .45 in a minotaur IWB holster and only have a problem with printing if I wear a shirt that is a bit too tight. Rather than dumping the gun for EDC try going up a size in your shirt selection. If you normally wear a 2X shirt try a 3X.

If the weight of the 23 is too bulky for you, then I would consider a 27. If you're concerned about accuracy of the Glock 27, I would suggest going to youtube and check out the "hickok45" videos. This guy is amazing and hits steel targets 250 yards out with the 27. Good Luck.
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Sandman...I am a big guy 6'0" 230 lbs, I have a G23 and sounds like I am having the same problems as you. I tried my buddy's CB super tuck holster with a loose shirt, no more printing, I was very impressed and now I am saving for one now. I think with the right shirt I could probably hide my G21SF.I have a box of holsters for my 23 that are not comfortable or print badly or both that I would trade for the CB super tuck.
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

I carry a G23 in an OWB pancake holster in winter which is easily concealed by my normal winter attire, a fleece vest. However, I do swith to my G27 (with Pierce mag extension) for summer carry in an IWB MTAC. The G27 is the same width but has a slightly shorter barrel and grip which helps concealment a little.

I'm 6'2" and 220 and the MTAC makes the G27 disappear at 2:00. Every ones body is different so try a comfortable adjustable IWB like the the MTAC or SuperTuck. This will allow you to try multiple positions and cant for both comfort and concealability. For me, the appendix carry position fits right into a slight indentation alonside my belly. Maybe you've got one of those too. :)

Keep experimenting. How else are you going to get the requisite drawer full of holsters.
    NRA Life Member

I Big guy too..

6ft2 300 and i have a CB super tuck..

Owb are hard to CC due to printing..

CB wont print if worn with the right shirts ...

If your a bigger guy (i know) goto the big mans store find 3XL or 4XL

meaning X long shirt for tucking and if you do it right you wont print.

+1 xd40sc i cc this one or XDM 40 in the winter...

i have a vid with the CB on take a look...

YouTube - Crossbreed movie
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

sandman31774 (and arffdog875)........

What kind of belt are you using? This almost sounds more like a support issue than a G23 issue. A quality gun belt will hold and support that G23....keeping it and the holster secure and properly positioned.

Just a thought........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Ok, lets call a spade a spade. I too am FAT... but, i can conceal a GLock 30 in s Crossbreed Supertuck wonderfully, and it is confortable all day long. Bunker

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    sandman31774 (and arffdog875)........

What kind of belt are you using? This almost sounds more like a support issue than a G23 issue. A quality gun belt will hold and support that G23....keeping it and the holster secure and properly positioned.

Just a thought........
    Good point!
    How are you guys carrying, what type of holster, where on your body, and how do you normally dress?
    A little more info will help us help you.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links