Question on CCW holster for CW9 AND clips

This is a discussion on Question on CCW holster for CW9 AND clips within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at suggestions for holsters for a new KAHR CW9. I have a LCP with a pocket holster I carry in hot weather. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on CCW holster for CW9 AND clips

I am looking at suggestions for holsters for a new KAHR CW9. I have a LCP with a pocket holster I carry in hot weather. The CW9 is a little large for IWB holster but fits my hand better, easier to shoot, less recoil. Approx 18 oz., I believe without clip, slim profile. I also looked at the PM9 , too small for my hand.

I am looking mostly at OWB ,pancake style holsters. Any suggestions ? I also want to keep the gun as flat too my side as possible. The gun is a little big for a ankle holster.

I'm not looking to dress around gun anymore than I have to, or change size in pants , etc. For hilster purposes and CCW, I'm also a pretty big guy - just FYI. 6'1, 250 ,a little weight in the tummy - not too bad.

I am also looking for clips, approx,. $40 each at Kahr. From my research I see recommendations to get this clip ,NOT a cheaper one.

The spring in the clip is also very stiff. 1 FTF with (cheap ammo). Break in not complete - I have put about 50 rounds through it.
    Kahr suggest 200 round break-in.

JB
    GA

C'mon, DCers.

Who's gonna be the one to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    C'mon, DCers.

I opend this thread a second time because I figured your post was the one that said it lol.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

OK I will.
    jbusarms, the little thingy that holds the ammunition that you put in your pistols is called a magazine. Clips are devices that hold together ammo for speed feeding into revolvers and old military carbines (IE: half moon clips and stripper clips). The use of the correct terminology will help you in the long run and keep the DC verbage sharks at bay.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

Well since the mag part has been taken care of...

You mentioned that your CW9 was too large for IWB? Did you mean to say pocket carry?? I agree in that it's a little large for pocket carry but I have a CW9 as well and it's perfect for IWB because it's thin, and lots of folks carry much larger handguns IWB as well.

Plus if dressing around the gun is going to be an issue than you kind of want to go IWB instead of OWB.

I have a CW9 that I just got not long ago. Just finished my 200 round break in. I ordered a Don Hume 721 O.T. for it. It is an OWB with the body shield. They are hard to find in black, but the brown isn't as hard to find. They run about $50 - $60 and hold pretty tightly to the body.

I had a Bersa .380 and had one of these for it and was very happy with it. Sold the gun, but still have that holster, of course it won't work for my Kahr.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

A rose is still a rose by any name...give jbursarms a break...be gentle!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool

The CW9 is under 16 oz unloaded. I added the crimson trace lazer and she's now dressed in a Mitch Rosen fine leather holster and holds very close to my side. So comfortable, I forget I'm wearing it. And it looks good too.

I carry my CW9 OWB in a Galco Stinger, and IWB in a Don Hume 715 clip. With a Wilderness Survival belt, it's hard to tell it's there.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Jbusarms - welcome to the forum. Yes, many of our members are magazine/clip Nazis, but if you can get past that there's a *lot* of great information here. Glad you've stopped by - hope you stay!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Check Cheaperthandirt.com for the magazine.

27392 - K9 Mag, 9mm, 7 Rounds, Stainless Steel
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Jbusarms - welcome to the forum. Yes, many of our members are magazine/clip Nazis, but if you can get past that there's a *lot* of great information here. Glad you've stopped by - hope you stay!
    I feel the same about the phrases "what grain of bullet" or "bullet grain" being used instead of bullet weight.

If one's errors in terminology are not pointed out, how will they ever be corrected? If one want's to walk the walk, they should learn to - correctly - talk the talk.

To the OP, Welcome Aboard!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

My CW9 rides very comfortable and discretely in a Don Hume IWB H-715. I use the same holster (different sizes) from Don Hume for a CZ75B, Sigma 9ve and a Smith Wesson 5906. While the others are big and heavy the Kahr just disappears in the IWB.

Regarding the mag/clip thing who cares what it is called. It's not like mending a parachute. Reminds me of an old lady I used to mow grass for. She had been retired from teaching for a very long time. I got the impression she had lived her entire life with the goal of teaching everyone she came into contact with a lesson.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    C'mon, DCers.

I wont because I know what he means and thats good enough for me.

I have the Kahr CW9 and I use the Galco Underwraps bellyband, or on warmer days I have been able to actually pocket carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I am 5'10" and weigh about 202 lbs. and lately I have been looking at the Crossbreed Mini Tuck.
    Last edited by crzy4guns; April 3rd, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Dyslexic fingers.
    God bless our troops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links