AZ Bill - Does No Background check & no Training requirement lead to more CC.

This is a discussion on AZ Bill - Does No Background check & no Training requirement lead to more CC. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread is not to debate the pros & cons of training & background check requirements that can be done here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ourse-ccw.html Simply, will ...

View Poll Results: AZ Bill-Does No Background check & no Training requirement lead to more citizens CCW

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Large increase in Concealed Carry

6 31.58%
  • Slightly more Concealed Carry

11 57.89%
  • No Increase in Concealed Carry

2 10.53%

This thread is not to debate the pros & cons of training & background check requirements that can be done here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ourse-ccw.html

Simply, will AZ or any other SHALL ISSUE state have more law abiding citizens carrying if the bill passes.

I think that the CC numbers will rise, but only a small amount. In AZ, the CCW process is simple enough that those who want to carry have completed the process and carry.
    If the CCW process was more difficult/ costly/ lengthy, then this bill would probably have a larger impact.
    I support the bill, but wonder how many more law abiding guns it will put on the streets.
    Note: I am making the assumption that DC members agree that law abiding guns on the streets makes a safer community.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    It is possible that 'no permit required' increases legal carry by a small amount.

However, I think it may also DECREASE it. Having a permit process serves as an incentive for people to learn the rules, and for some dealing with the permit may lead to an interest that wasn't there in the first place.

A few years ago, my dad told me I should get a permit to provide additional legal protection when going to the range. Of course, before deciding on anything I went out and learned everything I could about the subject. In a large part, that suggestion lead me to the concept of carry (something I had not considered).
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member
    I've seen estimates that a large percent of law-abiding Citizens w/ permits only CC occasionally. Also, only a small percent of law-abiding Citizens w/ permits CC regularly.

OTOH, a fair percentage of criminals CC regularly.

So, the actual number of permits in circulation has little to do with actual the number of folk CCing at any given time .

Seriously, I expect those who will CC regularly would get a permit even with the training requirement.

OTOH, those who might CC occasionally w/ a permit w/o a training requirement but not go to the trouble to get one w/ a training requirement are not likely to carry enough to make much difference.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links