Clips or snaps?

This is a discussion on Clips or snaps? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which do you prefer on your inside the waistband holsters? Why? I'm trying to figure out what holster I want and am thinking about giving ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clips or snaps?

Question Clips or snaps?

Which do you prefer on your inside the waistband holsters? Why?

I'm trying to figure out what holster I want and am thinking about giving Don Hume a try. I'm just not sure whether snaps or clips would be better. I can see how the clip would allow for easier on and off, but the leather snaps look like they'd be better at keeping the holster in place...

2. Remove Ads

Clips for me, easier to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by DZcarry View Post
    Which do you prefer on your inside the waistband holsters? Why?

I'm trying to figure out what holster I want and am thinking about giving Don Hume a try. I'm just not sure whether snaps or clips would be better. I can see how the clip would allow for easier on and off, but the leather snaps look like they'd be better at keeping the holster in place...
    I have no problem keeping my MiniTuck in place with clips. To me, loops with snaps are both bulkier and more visible. To each his own ...
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

It's kind of like asking which child I love more - both are great in their own way..........clips for me but don't tell my other child!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

I prefer clips because I wear clothing without belts on occasion - I can still use a clip-on holster.

clips but i have been thru 3 sets of them . you can't pull the out to far or often,when they go it is like tearing not snapping .

but they hold great and are easy to use and trim to hide .

elance

VIP Member
    I prefer J hooks. Most of the hook is behind the belt, but the bottom that comes up holds the holster secure.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've been using clips, and now my gun belt is scratched up in certain spots. I'm now looking into something with snaps.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck with the velcro clips. The only problem is you have to have a belt with velcro backing. I got one of their velcro backed belts and it works GREAT. You can't see the clips at all and their belts come with velcro all the way around the belt (except where it loops together)so you can put your holster anywhere you want. I've been using this combo for about 6 months and I haven't had any problems with the holster moving or coming loose. I HIGHLY recommend this setup. I know this wasn't part of your question but I thought I would let you know about this combo in case you hadn't thought of it before. Hope this helps and doesn't put more stress on your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DropTop View Post
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck with the velcro clips. The only problem is you have to have a belt with velcro backing. I got one of their velcro backed belts and it works GREAT. You can't see the clips at all and their belts come with velcro all the way around the belt (except where it loops together)so you can put your holster anywhere you want. I've been using this combo for about 6 months and I haven't had any problems with the holster moving or coming loose. I HIGHLY recommend this setup. I know this wasn't part of your question but I thought I would let you know about this combo in case you hadn't thought of it before. Hope this helps and doesn't put more stress on your decision.
    Just when I think I've narrowed things down someone ALWAYS has to suggest a good alternative I haven't considered yet!

J-clip in the back, and loop with key ring in the front on mine.

I switched from a standard J-hook in the back to a reverse version (half loop). My daily activities kept causing the standard J-hook to come unhooked.
    Attached Images
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I have a high end holster with Clips and a high end holster with loops and snaps...I definately prefer clips!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Clips only now...easy on/easy off...secure...and looooong lasting. I have 6-7 year old holsters with metal clips that are as good as new.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    J-clip in the back, and loop with key ring in the front on mine.

I switched from a standard J-hook in the back to a reverse version (half loop). My daily activities kept causing the standard J-hook to come unhooked.
    Sticks, nice setup with the key keeper. Is that from The Beltman? I like mine with the Celtic dragon concho. Erin go Bragh!

I am pondering this as well. I really like the Crossbreed but worry that the clips may draw attention. I realize its vain to think people notice you enough to tell. I only worry at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links