Basic Gun class cancelled AGAIN?! ARG!

This is a discussion on Basic Gun class cancelled AGAIN?! ARG! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ugh, I just need a moment to whine. Got a phone call from the place where my sister & I are supposed to take our ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic Gun class cancelled AGAIN?! ARG!

Basic Gun class cancelled AGAIN?! ARG!

Ugh, I just need a moment to whine. Got a phone call from the place where my sister & I are supposed to take our beginner's gun class a week from Saturday. For the 3rd time now, the class has been cancelled. That's it, I'm done. I'm not taking any classes at that place. There goes my $45, though...because the place doesn't do refunds. Only option you have is to reschedule.

Well, I'm done rescheduling.

Thankfully, there's an NRA Basic Pistol class in town that same day at another place, so we're going to that one instead.

Looking forward to signing up for my CCW class after that!!

2. Remove Ads

No refunds?

I don't think so!

The thieves can refund it.

Quote Originally Posted by buggysmama View Post
    Ugh, I just need a moment to whine. Got a phone call from the place where my sister & I are supposed to take our beginner's gun class a week from Saturday. For the 3rd time now, the class has been cancelled. That's it, I'm done. I'm not taking any classes at that place. There goes my $45, though...because the place doesn't do refunds. Only option you have is to reschedule.

Thankfully, there's an NRA Basic Pistol class in town that same day at another place, so we're going to that one instead.

What range or facility did that to you??? I'm in AZ (east of Phx) and I want to make sure none of my friends goes there!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Marksman Pistol Institute in Tucson

Lousy part of it is that it's just about the only place around that I know of where you can rent guns by the hour to try out. I need to make some friends with people who have different guns I can try before I buy.
    Last edited by buggysmama; April 2nd, 2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: forgot to add location

That's nuts. I've taught for over 25 years, and never canceled a class. Sorry to hear about your luck.

However, if you should ever get this far east, I"ll offer you all the range/class time you want. On the house for your trouble.....
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buggysmama View Post

Do they at least offer a store credit? Perhaps you could use what you've already forked over towards ammo or accessories?
    Good luck on your classes.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

If I had to speculate, with three cancellations and no refunds your only option being to reschedule, it sounds to me like the instructor(s) is trying to build up a larger class before holding it. Get the most ducks in a row he can. "I'm not doing the class for four people, I'll wait till its more like ten and get 'em all out of the way."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    If I had to speculate, with three cancellations and no refunds your only option being to reschedule, it sounds to me like the instructor(s) is trying to build up a larger class before holding it. Get the most ducks in a row he can. "I'm not doing the class for four people, I'll wait till its more like ten and get 'em all out of the way."
    Then the instructor/literature for the course should PROMINENTLY state:
    "MINIMUM ENROLLMENT -- XXXX" to avoid this issue.....IMO...doesn't sound too "professional".....

Unfortunately, it's stuff like this that will quickly ruin one's business. On 1 of these 3 attempts to take the class there, they lost our sign-up paperwork and had nothing showing that we had even signed up or paid in the first place. I hate to say it, but it makes it look like they are a mickey mouse operation.

That's crazy! No refunds? I might be very wrong but it almost smells of a scam? Correct me please if I'm wrong..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Pistol Class

Sorry you are having trouble with a local outfit. I think you will enjoy the NRA class. The instructor should be a great source for other shooting ranges and perhaps gun clubs. Best of luck and good shooting.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Well, be sure a lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau after contacting them directly, that way future BBB users can check them out. And let them know that you will be lodging the complaint. I have been able to resolve all but 1 of my problems with businesses this way.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I would call them and inform them that it would be in their best interest to refund the $45, they could spend far more in small claims court. It would seem to me that after 3 cancellations they would give you the choice of refund or reschedule. It would be diificult to justify no refund after 3 cancellations in front of a judge. Yes, you may pay more than $45 in order to file in small claims court but you can add that to the amount you are suing for. Also the publicity would not be good for them.

You need to get the class some place else and start bugging the bozo that is canceling your class for a refund. What he's doing is totally unacceptable. We have classes here all the time and they are never canceled.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Personally I would have a nice chat with them and explain that the Internet is a very important advertising tool. Word of mouth is also a very important advertising tool. Combine the two and, well, it might very well make perfect economic sense for him to refund the $45.
    Bad advertising could easily cost him a lot more.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links