Reprimanded by TSA in Airport - Page 3

Reprimanded by TSA in Airport

This is a discussion on Reprimanded by TSA in Airport within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am surprised they gave you such a hard time! I was caught with 10rds in a mag at Indianapolis International, and it was no ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reprimanded by TSA in Airport

I am surprised they gave you such a hard time! I was caught with 10rds in a mag at Indianapolis International, and it was no big deal. They told me anything over 10rds they will have to do paperwork, they took my bullets and gave me the chance to mail the mag to myself, I couldn't, so the IPD LEO took me addy and mailed it to me!

Maybe cause of the different States matter on how TSA handles these kind of things, I don't know.

P.S. there was never any talk of a fine!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    mirage, what I am getting at is this, we have become a nation of cowards.
    No longer do we have the fire in the belly. We are a bunch of bleating sheep looking to Uncle Sugar to protect and save us.
    As for the veteran reference, just go up and ask one who was in WWII, Korea or even Vietnam. He will laugh in your face about one single cartridge on an airplane.

Give me a major , major friggin break man!

read, commoner
    A Nation of Cowards

AMEN!!!!!

mirage, what I am getting at is this, we have become a nation of cowards.
    No longer do we have the fire in the belly. We are a bunch of bleating sheep looking to Uncle Sugar to protect and save us.
    As for the veteran reference, just go up and ask one who was in WWII, Korea or even Vietnam. He will laugh in your face about one single cartridge on an airplane.

Give me a major , major friggin break man!

read, commoner
    A Nation of Cowards
    The WWII vet never had to deal with the threat we deal with on a day to day basis. I don't see anything in the world wrong with keeping a single cartridge off of an airplane. If I remember correctly, the 9/11 hijackers used box cutters. I bet that a WWII vet might not find box cutters a very big threat either but they managed to use the to kill 3,000 plus people.

Are we a nation of cowards? Yea maybe so, but keep parts and pieces of fire arms off of airplanes is not a symptom of national cowardice. It is far more a prudent step.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Stupid collapsed in on itself
    I am not sure what that means. Are you saying I am stupid....that's a pretty big stretch considering you have no idea who I am or what I know.

Instead of calling names why not debate and discuss the possibilities of sneaking a weapon on a plane. Care to explain why it would not be easier to get a weapon on a piece at a time as opposed to all at once?
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Just after 9/11 I flew and a P-whatever-it-is military can opener had slipped under the bottom panel of my carryon .
    It's a P-38--just like the aircraft.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by arffdog875 View Post
    I am surprised they ( TSA ) knew what it was! IMHO they are a bunch of incompetent morons, I work at an airport and during hunting season in western Colorado there are alot of guns that come through the airport, I was bored one day and watched them inspect AND swab 2 rifles that were getting checked....
    Think about it for a sec.
    Would you want someone that probably can barely recognize a firearm, has probably never fired one, swaps it for residue, and earns crap for pay, fondling your expensive rifle?

Sometimes stupid is as stupid does--and there's no way around it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Because of folks like the TSA, I hate flying and absolutely refuse to do so unless unavoidable. I'd rather spend a week driving and a couple hundred more in gas than put up with their arrogant attitudes and draconian policies. Plus, I'll be armed in some manner and able to defend myself throughout the entire trip.

Quote Originally Posted by takurpic View Post
    Because of folks like the TSA, I hate flying and absolutely refuse to do so unless unavoidable. I'd rather spend a week driving and a couple hundred more in gas than put up with their arrogant attitudes and draconian policies. Plus, I'll be armed in some manner and able to defend myself throughout the entire trip.
    i dont like flying anymore either. and its not just the tsa. its the whole experience along with the expense. airlines charging for everything now, horror stories of planes sitting on the tamanc for hours. no thanks.

VIP Member
    Women...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

As someone that flies regularly...4 to 6 flights a week...I wish I could add something constructive...other than Happy Easter!

The TSA is nothing better than all the other government work programs. Good or bad, it is what we, in the Republic of The United States of America, either want or are willing to accept.

I look forward to the day that the average American wakes up to our freedoms being eroded and our voices being silenced...but that's for another day and forum.

I'm glad you got thru the ordeal relatively unscathed and good luck in future flights!
    Last edited by Cericko; April 4th, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spell check for dummies!
    "A strong body makes a mind strong. As to the exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson August 1785

VIP Member

A mouthful

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I think you did well. TSA must realize that you were not going to do much with one cartridge, especially since your weapon was locked up in checked baggage. In all of my time in law enforcement I was afforded the luxury of using common sense, that's the problem these days, everything is set in stone and gives no room for common sense. I'm glad I retired a long time ago.
    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

Era of the J Boot Thugs being ushered in on us???

JMHO
    Glad it went well

*"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to
    pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Unknown
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

About 20 years ago, I had to fly out of a large Nor Calif to see a client in Liberal, KS. Direct flight. When I was next in line in baggage check-in, I remembered that I had my fully loaded SW Model 59 in my check-in bag. I don't remember exactly which laws I was seriously bruising, or maybe I've managed to purge that from memory, but I know I was doing something wrong at that time. Knowing that I would have aroused major suspicion by quickly exiting the line with my bag, I continued through check-in and kept really cool. No baggage inspections then.

When I landed in Liberal, I just about ruined my pants! Waiting for ME was a friggin' uniformed police officer, holding a sign with my name on it. I just knew I was busted. So I go over to him and he introduces himself as the nephew of my client and that he was there to offer me a ride to meet my client! And I was glad that I had extra underwear packed around my Model 59.

And no, I never did confess to him (I'm pretty sure he would have laughed his butt off) until now when I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired. That and I'm a lot more aware of what lawful now, especially in CA and travel-related.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Era of the J Boot Thugs being ushered in on us?
    Yes, it is.

There are a few who probably get off doing so, sure. Like any group of people, there will be a share of them who are of this sort. Though, for most of them, I'm certain, the mindless automatons doing it don't realize they've got a choice any more than the bureaucrat who walloped on the OP at the airport.

The world is what we make of it. That is, if we'd make something of it. Right now, the blender seems to be set to somewhere between "frappé" and "liquify."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like you handled the situtation very well, which helped things end well.

Glad they gave you a break, certainly the one bullet was not a weapon of mass desturction but by the letter of the law, you cold have had some trouble.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links