Banned guns at Target field

This is a discussion on Banned guns at Target field within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am wanting to go to a game at the new twins stadium, but after researching everywhere I am not able to find out ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Banned guns at Target field

Banned guns at Target field

So I am wanting to go to a game at the new twins stadium, but after researching everywhere I am not able to find out if I am able to carry here. I want to go to a game, but will not go downtown MPLS without being armed. I am wondering if they will search for firearms or just wave you through. Anyone who can chime in on this, would be appreciated.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

2. Remove Ads

This is what prevents me from going to a lot stadium like events also. I recently went to a basketball game, first in years and did not carry. It was uncomfortable. In my opinion don't do it. That felony will hurt.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

My permit to carry is very important to me, and I would not carry where it is illegal to do so...it could cost you your permit. OMO

Stay armed...stay legal...stay safe!

Let me add a warning: If you are going to a professional sporting event...you're already getting robbed.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; April 3rd, 2010 at 09:41 PM.
    bigmacque likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm with the others, don't push it. No sporting event is worth me 1) going unarmed 2) possible getting in trouble for breaking the law.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Is it illegal to carry there?

The worst they can do is not let you in the gate at Target Field. They tend not to search too hard and if you have something like smart carry you are in not going to be found. Conceal well you should be fine. Check out some of the local boards for Minnesota carry this has been covered a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Is it illegal to carry there?
    I don't know either way. I cant find an answer to this question. My permit is very important to me too, this is why I am curious. I have been to the mall of america which is posted, however the sign means nothing seeing as how they are a tenant. I just want to be sure before I go, if I go at all. This will depend on wheter it is posted or not.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Senior Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    NC law (for what it's worth) no carry where they charge admission
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I have approached this subject before, different town. Our law is no carry in arenas/stadium that seat more than 5000. Although I'm sure that someone in there is armed (besides LEO), I don't think a pocket gun will be found. We have no real search, just a cursory bag search. If caught, must be asked to leave, then no issue. My two concerns are, if caught I believe I may lose my season tickets, and although I feel very safe inside the park, it is the walk back to my car after the game that scares me. In MO if caught with weapon at a posted site, IF LEO is called, they can issue a citation, $100 fine, no loss of CCW. If you leave voluntary, they can't do anything, except could ban you from coming back. Bigger issue with this is if you are made and someone screams "he's got a gun" you will be charged with far worse than carrying in a posted area. I believe 'inciting a riot' is the charge then.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a couple of tours of the stadium and met some of the management staff there. The place is not posted (yet), and as far as I know, they will only check bags to ensure that fans don't bring bottles. I'm pretty sure that you'll be safe to carry (concealed if I were you).
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by BBeckwith View Post
    The worst they can do is not let you in the gate at Target Field. They tend not to search too hard and if you have something like smart carry you are in not going to be found. Conceal well you should be fine. Check out some of the local boards for Minnesota carry this has been covered a few times.
    I understand that this has been covered regarding other places, but I havent seen anything regarding this particular place

Sorry, I was talking about the local MN forums in regards to carrying. Didn't read the way I was trying to convey. If you are looking for real good information about carrying in MN visit carryforum.com. It is a MN specific site and many of the folks that wrote MN's carry law lurk around there and offer advice and updates on MN law. In regards to Target Field it is a County funded building so technically it shouldn't be posted. The MN Twins can post for games because of exclusive use. My bet is that unless there is an issue they won't put up a posting because they won't want to detract from the look of the stadium by putting up compliant signs. And remember if you do carry there even if you walk past the sign they must verbally ask you to leave and then you can only get in trouble if you don't and they call the police for trespassing charges. First time offense for trespassing because of Carrying is a misdemeanor for $25.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Surely you can research your state laws on where CC is not allowed. Here in FL it is not permitted to carry at these sporting events. Your option (if it's illegal in MN) is to not carry or not go; simple as that!

Besides, there's no legal SD against parking fees, over-inflated tickets, $4.00 sodas, and $6.00 hotdogs--you're ripped off for the sake of paying some player millions. Stay home ad watch on TV.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    This may be helpful, it has a link to MN carry laws, though it is dated 2007.

Permit to Carry (Minnesota, North Dakota and Utah) - Conceal Carry
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

[QUOTE=OldVet;1565877]Surely you can research your state laws on where CC is not allowed. Here in FL it is not permitted to carry at these sporting events. Your option (if it's illegal in MN) is to not carry or not go; simple as that!

Read my original post. I have clearly stated that I have tried to research this and have come up empty handed. I am looking for valuable information, not a smart *** answer telling me to research my carry laws. Obviously I have allready done this before asking for imput on this subject. Mostly to avoid stupid comments like this one.
    Thanks for your imput though, very helpful!

As to the rest of the replies. Thank you for your thought out inteligent responses. I certainly appreciate useful answers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links