I have officially joined the ranks... - Page 4

I have officially joined the ranks...

This is a discussion on I have officially joined the ranks... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by davidw (Joke intended here) You can not talk about bending over in a form fitting sundress and getting poked in the same ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have officially joined the ranks...

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    (Joke intended here) You can not talk about bending over in a form fitting sundress and getting poked in the same sentence :)
    David!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I didnt really mean visually concealing it, but in terms of discomfort. Chafing, sweating, I'm a pretty active person, I have a very active walk even. Purse strap across chest/shoulder comfortable? Seatbelt (I think bra carry might be good for driving if not for the seatbelt! Quick access)

Re: safety...bra carry would make it very easy to unintentionally flip my safety when being drawn....my safety flips down. Your Glock doesnt have an external safety tho does it?
    You, as usual, make many excellent points, several of which did not occur to me. I will keep you informed! And... my Glock has 3 built-in safeties none of which either require me to do something to engage them, nor which can be inadvertently disengaged by virtue of normal use ie bending, shooting, etc. No external safety to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    You make some very good points, but I'd like to offer a slightly different look at the issue of range training holsters, if I may.

snip

Well, I hope I've made the case that there is a lot to be had from the training
    you did. I will take that under advisement!

You probably already saw it, but Pax had a thread up about her Washington State expo for women's carry options.
    I remember reading about that leading up to it, but not anything after the fact. Would be very interested in hearing how it all went, and when/if another such class is scheduled anywhere else. (the idea of a roving women's class was neither original nor thought to be original, in the land of guns and cherries thought process.. just the parade of women in such a class balancing Massad Ayoob on their heads part.)

Sorry for the long-winded response.
    Actually, thank you for the long-winded response

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I havent seen an update on that. I wasnt able to go and wanted to find out if they were able to get video.

I should see if I can go turn that thread up.
    Let me know if you find it, please?
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

Congrats on the new permit.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats....carry on!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

You have the gun, you ordered the holster. Wait till you get them both home and see how you can make it work. Everyone will have something to say / offer. This really isn't a big deal. See how you can make it work for you. If not then you will look for other options. As always best of luck and let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by merischino View Post
    just the parade of women in such a class balancing Massad Ayoob on their heads part.)

Let me know if you find it, please?
    Gawd, wouldnt he just love that?

And I bumped Pax's thread over in the holsters/options section. No reply so far.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I e-mailed Pax. She still has the video on her "to do" list, but she's just been swamped with travel and such lately. So, we all just have to be patient.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

OD*
    Congratulations!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Received my Utah Concealed Carry, in today's mail. Now I now have concealed carry permits in Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Texas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links