What is up with California?

This is a discussion on What is up with California? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking about vacationing up and down the cost of California next year but it looks like they don't honor any CCL but their ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is up with California?

What is up with California?

I was thinking about vacationing up and down the cost of California next year but it looks like they don't honor any CCL but their own?

Bad for tourism if you ask me.

Can a tourist even have a hand gun in California?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    It is certainly a strange place. And one I have no desire to visit.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

When I want to visit 'fruits and nuts', I go the the local Publix market.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The political climate for guns in CA is extremely anti. As a visitor to the state forget carrying a gun, it's not going to happen. I never lost anything in CA I need to go back for. Much better places to spend my time and money.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You can transport a handgun (not an "assault rifle") to CA. Look up the laws for transport, but you can have it and then keep it available in your hotel room.

Be careful if you do take it...They have capacity limits, your gun could be illegal in CA.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

stay the hell out of calif...they dont want to welcome anyone who has a brain!
    "Brains before Bullets"

The California coast is beautiful and worth the visit. CA 1, the Pacific Coast Highway, between Santa Barbara and Monterey is one of my all time favorite rides.

But, as you have found, California does not honor any other state's carry permits. You can have your pistol with you, but unloaded, ammo separate, locked in the trunk. Once you get to your motel or campground, you can have it loaded and ready in your room or campsite. No magazines over 10 rounds allowed though.

Don't let the California bashers stop you from visiting. Sure, some of the gun laws suck, and yes, we are granola land, with lots of fruits, nuts and flakes, but lots of scenic beauty too. And, California needs all the tourist dollars it can get!
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

you can have your gun OC with no permit(watch out for schools) and make sure you dont have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Times change. When I came back from Korea right after the war was over I bought a Winchester 1873 in 44-40 in San Jose. No questions asked - just fork over $40.00. When I flew back to the east coast the air crew kept the rifle on the flight deck and handed it to me before I left the plane. Like I said, times change.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    Times change. When I came back from Korea right after the war was over I bought a Winchester 1873 in 44-40 in San Jose. No questions asked - just fork over $40.00. When I flew back to the east coast the air crew kept the rifle on the flight deck and handed it to me before I left the plane. Like I said, times change.
    WOW ... are you sure you are talking about California in the US? You are totally right, times obviously changed; and they changed a lot!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very unfriendly towards guns. My folks and I got out of there about 18 years ago. Only to return for short visits with the few kin folk who remain. I really can't wrap my noggin around that kind of bull that they buy into. We can't wait to get back home after a week, at most. They think we live in the frozen tundra and can't understand how we tolerate it, hunting, guns and all.
    Our visits are let's say somewhat, oooh I want to go home. (Wife and I).
    My advice as always well our style of living won't suit you well so better stay where you are if that is more comfortable for you. Goodnight, we are heading out very early, for home.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I truly think we should hand over Kal to Mexico....what is their problem!!!!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by crankinNM View Post
    I was thinking about vacationing up and down the cost of California next year but it looks like they don't honor any CCL but their own?

Bad for tourism if you ask me.

Can a tourist even have a hand gun in California?
    Cali is a place of it's own that I never wish to visit again either. I realize we have so many brothers and sisters there, and quite frankly it tears at my soul sometimes to know the trials and tribulations they are going through. Here at home, I think of California mainly as a communist state in the ways of it's governing and laws which by all intents and purposes seem to be out of line with the rest of the nation or status quo. In all honesty, it's sometimes hard for me to believe it could still be part of the rest of the United States in ideals. But I also realize what it means to be pinned down without support in combat. Therefore, my best intentions go to all of my brothers and sisters in California until such time things change one way or another....for those individuals, or for the state as a whole. My prayers will be for those who live in California. I've been there, but never as a civilian. May our best blessings befall them in the best interests of our country as a whole, and with our best intentions of not seeing our friends in despair and under suppression by the rogues in power who scoff in the face of our country's basic ideals and moral fortitude this country was founded upon.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    As much as I'd like to take a tour of the Napa Valley, I think I'll have to pass.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links