Reciprocal Question

This is a discussion on Reciprocal Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a resident SC along with non resident PA and NH. The Handgun Law website shows GA,MS, and AL honoring my NH non resident ...

Thread: Reciprocal Question

Reciprocal Question

I have a resident SC along with non resident PA and NH. The Handgun Law website shows GA,MS, and AL honoring my NH non resident. USA Carry shows only GA honoring my non resident NH permit. I am more confident about Gary Slider's website but would like a few other opinions.

2. Remove Ads

right from the horses' mouth

Mississippi

ALabama

neither require residency

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Skip the forums; go to the states' sites on CC when looking for "specific" infomation.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    SCfromNY,

When you go to a state page at Handgunlaw.us on every state page there are links in the right column. Every state that has reciprocity has a link to the list of states they honor. You can check with the official state website by just clicking on "State Reciprocity Info".

You should never trust any unofficial website for information. They are great places to start but always check the official sources. That is why I put links to the States Official Websites in the right column. Without a way to verify information there is no way to trust it. The web is a great place to find info but you have to be very careful. Information is changing everyday and unless someone keeps up a website it will be outdated very quickly. So use the web but always verify.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    SCfromNY,

When you go to a state page at Handgunlaw.us on every state page there are links in the right column. Every state that has reciprocity has a link to the list of states they honor. You can check with the official state website by just clicking on "State Reciprocity Info".

You should never trust any unofficial website for information. They are great places to start but always check the official sources. That is why I put links to the States Official Websites in the right column. Without a way to verify information there is no way to trust it. The web is a great place to find info but you have to be very careful. Information is changing everyday and unless someone keeps up a website it will be outdated very quickly. So use the web but always verify.

That being said...Handgunlaw.us is sometimes more up-to-date than the official state site. So sometimes you may need to actually contact the state in question.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    That being said...Handgunlaw.us is sometimes more up-to-date than the official state site. So sometimes you may need to actually contact the state in question.
    I would definitely do that and print off a copy of the results. Better safe (in black and white) than sorry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In SC SLED is very slow to update reciprocal states. If I was not so kind I might think that CWPs were not very important to them.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    SC is slow to update their website. SC has one person who researches Reciprocity and tells the webmaster what to add to the site and he does that on a part time basis. His main responsibility is being a Police Officer first.

To show you how things can go astray. Today a State posted on its official Website that their permit was honored by New York. They also posted that Iowa would honor their permit/license. As soon as I saw it I called them. They had made an error and changed NC into New York. I also explained that the Iowa Governor had not signed their new law on reciprocity as of this morning and besides their new law does not take effect till 1/1/11. So they removed NY and IA as states that honored their permit.

A few years ago Arkansas listed Massachusetts as a state they had reciprocity with. It took me countless phone calls and months to finally get them to remove it. It was just last year that ND also added Massachusetts as a state they had reciprocity with. It only took minutes to get them to change that.

Today I talked to Wyoming. They will now honor a MN, VA, MO and NE permit. They have not listed them on their web site yet as again that is not their most important function. I have sent the changes to Steve to post on Handgunlaw.us and If I get time this evening will announce that on this website and others I post on.

On another note CarryConcealed.net finally updated their website. It took them 9 months to remove that NV still honored a FL and UT permit/license. I emailed numerous times and even called the owner and previous owner months ago. But do double and triple check anything you read on the web. Errors happen. No one can say they have never made an error. Don't make the error of not checking. You are the one who will pay for the error if you don't.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Links