How do you carry your every day gear? - Page 2

How do you carry your every day gear?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your every day gear? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 23 in C-TAC 3:00; knife IWB 9:00; mag, Surefire, phone front left pocket; ink stick and keys front right pocket; wallet back right pocket; ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your every day gear?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Glock 23 in C-TAC 3:00; knife IWB 9:00; mag, Surefire, phone front left pocket; ink stick and keys front right pocket; wallet back right pocket; RainRite notepad back left pocket.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Red zone carry:

M&P9 at 9:00, M&P9c OR 85 in my pocket, mag pouch with 2 mags at my 1:30. And if I carry my 5 shot then I will carry a speed-strip, its my M&P9c, then I don't carry any reloads for it since I can use my other 2 mags in my compact. I don't carry a light or spray.

Yellow zone carry:

M&P9 at 9:00 OR M&P9c in my pocket. Extra mag if I carry my compact.

Green zone carry:

M&P9 at 9:00 OR M&P9c OR 85 in my pocket. Speed-strip if I have my 5 shot with me.

Since I work in a red zone, I carry a lot almost every day lol
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    you people seem to carry a lot of stuff. I start to feel really weighted down when i have my gun, extra mag, light and knife. By the time i add my wallet and phone and car keys, loose change and anything else in my pockets i feel way loaded down and like half my stuff is not easily accesible anyway. I have found myself just carrying my P2000sk in my iwb holster at 4 oclock and an extra mag in my left front pocket.

I also refuse to change my dress just to carry. the idea is to look natural anyway. I refuse to wear vests and things like that.
    I agree with this.

Most of the time I carry just my gun in IWB, a pocket knife (sometimes my clipped, but mostly my clip-less deep in my pocket). I keep extra mags and flashlights in the car and around the house.

I carry the following in jeans and a t-shirt or cargo shorts and a t-shirt:
    -Springfield XD9sc IWB or OWB at 4O'Clock in a Raven Concealment Phantom
    -16rnd spare mag IWB at 8:30 in a Raven Style Kydex mag pouch
    -Spyderco Tenacious in my left back pocket
    -Phenix PD20, pen and highleter clipped in my left front pocket
    -Wallet in my right back pocket
    -iPhone in my right front pocket

I don't carry a lot and the flashlight I carry is so small that I don't worry about taking it out of my pocket during the day. I can't really think of anything else I need to carry, at least from a practical perspective. Nothing I have prints, unless I bend almost all the way to the ground. No one even thinks twice about the knife in my back pocket or the pocket clip on my flashlight.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

G26 in a Supertuck Clone at 3 oclock, ken onion chive clipped inside front right pocket, Alcatel Tribe phone in a blackberry case on the left side belt, about 10 o'clock or so, wallet in the back left pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippys View Post
    i keep my s&w .357 m60 in my right front ( strong side) pocket, a .357 rossi BUG in an ankle holster, a 5.75" italian switchblade stiletto at 5:00 on my belt (sometimes 5:30 because i'm fat and it slips around), 10 rounds (5 each) in strip loads in my left front pocket, another 10 rounds in 2 speed loaders in my right front shirt pocket, a can of pepper spray on my key chain, a prepaid backup cell phone in my left front pocket (along with house/car/gun safe keys), and at home a pistol grip (00 reduced recoil, of course) mossberg 590 between me and the door when i'm awake and between me and the little woman when we're asleep. i sleep well although i haven't seen much action between me & the the little woman lately -- not sure why -- but i'm ready to protect her, you know, just in case.

sometimes i just don't think she gets it.
    This yielded a legit LOL

Well played, Sir.

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Full size 1911 in a Supertuck at 8 o'clock
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

kimber ultra aegis II in CTAC IWB holster: 2:45
    H&K knife: strong side pocket
    Fenix PD20 Flashlight: weak side pocket
    Spare mag (OWB): 8:00
    (or sometimes in pocket or elsewhere, depending on clothing situation)
    phone: strong side pocket
    wallet: weak side pocket
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Gun du Jour is carried OWB at 4:00, wallet in the right rear pocket, cell phone in it's own clip on holster @ 10:00, knife, spare change, and cigarette lighter all go in the left rear pocket, optional multi-tool and tac light in belt cases on my left hip. Keys go in a jacket pocket in cold weather or clip to a belt loop in warm weather.
    Sometimes I think my pants weigh as much as I do
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I have three potential carry guns (Glock 17/Bersa 380cc/Ruger SLR) and they are all carried, right side 4 o'clock position via a IWB Kholster. No spare mags, but carry one speed strip for the LCR, when carried. No flashlight. Folding 4" spring assist knife clipped to right front pocket. Cell phone somewhere, usually belt clip holster.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

I refuse to wear vests and "man purses"
    ..... yeah here in texas, might as well scream real loud "hey guys i'm carrying a GUN!" when you're wearing a vest or a man purse. i just saw a guy wearing a maxpedition belt bag @ the parks mall and gave him a nod and a smirk.... he knew what i was thinking. blownsvt said it best, try to look as if you're not carrying. as for me, i like to keep it simple. especially when the texas heat comes!!!!
    but as always to each is own. carry on my friends!!!!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by can2boy; April 6th, 2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: pic added
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

VIP Member
    These days, I really have to be in the mood to lock n’ load with all my battle gear. Yeah, I use to bolt on my gun/light/knife/reload & OC, but everything eventually gets old. Anyway, on most lazy days I’ll just slip my customized S&W 640 into my Thunderwear or IWB rig' and drive off. Conversely, if I’m feeling’ energized and frisky (seldom), I may dress up like’ Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

M&P9c in a (soon to be replaced) CTAC at 3:30, (not pictured) 2 17rd mags at 7:00 in RCS double mag carrier, knife and keys in right front pocket, cell in left front pocket, flashlight and wallet in left rear pocket. This is a Tshirt or "fashionable" polo day.

I have started wearing vented hiking/fishing style button up shirts as they conceal better and keep me cooler. When wearing those the 9c goes away in favor of a M&P9pro with TLR1 worn OWB in a RCS phantom lc. I recently bought a VertX coldblack polo which should also allow for this method of carry without being too hot in the Texas summer.

Right front pocket: Spyderco Endura 4 Wave
    Left front pocket: Spyderco Tenacious, Lighter (I don't smoke)
    Left front belt loop: Keys with attached kabar ldk
    Back left pocket: Wallet and Flashlight
    Back right pocket: Spare PPS 8 round mag
    3:00 Walther PPS 9mm with 8 round mag in a Crossbreed supertuck
    8:30 double mag carrier for PPS 8 rounders
    Right appendix ASP palm defender (OC Spray)
    And some where on my left side a Blackhawk Crucible FX II
    Live in yellow or die in white.

I don't leave home without a 1911, my wallet, keys, cell phone, and usually a mini flashlight.

Oh yeah...and lip gloss.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I wear a vest pretty much year round.
    Yep. That ^.

Edit:
    Woohoo...my 100 post! Only took me three years! :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links