How do you carry your every day gear?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your every day gear? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right front pocket: Keys, pocket knife, change, loose bills Left front pocket: Cellphone Right rear pocket: Wallet Glock 17: Either at 3:30 in owb Tagua ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your every day gear?

Right front pocket: Keys, pocket knife, change, loose bills
    Left front pocket: Cellphone
    Right rear pocket: Wallet

Glock 17: Either at 3:30 in owb Tagua leather open-top holster, dual mag carrier at 8:30-9:00, OR in a Galco Miami Classic (gun on weak side, extra magazines on strong side obviously.)

I've gotten pretty lax about carrying a flashlight. I just tend to only go out during the daytime now, so it's usually left at home. When I was carrying it, I'd slip it into my front left pocket.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post

I've gotten pretty lax about carrying a flashlight. I just tend to only go out during the daytime now, so it's usually left at home. When I was carrying it, I'd slip it into my front left pocket.

Ever been in a store during the day when the power goes out? It will get dark inside quickly. Less than a month ago during a high wind storm I was pumping gas when the pumped went dead. I wonder what happened and then realized the power had gone out.

Well I planned on using their bathroom after I pumped my gas. This station was also a grocery store. Not a huge one, a small Maine town one but I knew the bathrooms where in the back of the store and of course no emergency lighting is installed inside a bathroom but the toilet will still work just fine.

So I retrieved my Surefire from the car and found my way to the back of the store, closed the door and lit it up as if the light was on.

What did I hear as I was walking towards the back of the store from employees? Where are the flashlights? I laughed.

TTT - great discussion.

Work: Glock 23 in a Safariland 6281, extra mag weak side in kydex mag holder. Benchmade Vex on rear weakside pocket, Blackberry 9630 in OEM holder clipped to weakside belt forward of Mag holder. Key in strongside fron pocket. Badge/ID, Streamlight Microstream in weakside rear pocket, wallet in strongside rear pocket. All While wearing a suit and tie.

Not work: Glock 23 usually in a HBE Com III, with matching Mag holder on belt, weakside. Same setup as above. without suit and tie.

Extremely Off Work/shorts/going to stop and rob for milk/bread: S&W M&P 340 stocked with Speer Gold Dot 135 Grain Short Barrel, and depending on how long Ill be out and what Im wearing, one or two reloads in either a HKS speedloader or Bianchi Speedstrips. Same setup for everything else as above.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Whatever primary I happen to have that day (Mostly a Glock 19, 1911, or P7M8) IWB strong side, spare mag weak side in a pouch. BUG is always a Kel Tec P32 in a wallet holster weak side back pocket, no spare mag. Knife in strong side front pocket (Microtech, Spyderco, Benchmade, Cold Steel). Phone (iPhone) in weak side front. If I carry a light it's an L1 Surefire in the little watch pocket of jeans or next to my wallet. I'm not a big believer in changing based on going to a "bad area" or if I "think I might need it". Pretty much the same way on any day.

I have been toying with the idea of replacing the BUG with a Kimber Lifeact pepper spray, just haven't decided yet.

Glock 19 in a Mtac on hip at 4:00. Benchmade Griptillian in weak side front pocket. Mag (when carried) weak side front pocket. Cash, Keys and ipod in strong side front pocket. Wallet in strong side back pocket. Phone in strong side cargo pocket or weak side back pocket.

My EDC stuff consists of a CZ PCR, one extra mag, a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog folding knife, a Streamlight Stylus, my driver's license, and my Oregon CHL (concealed handgun license) plus some paper $'s.

I carry all of this stuff quite comfortably in the Smartcarry shown in the following pic.

I wear jeans and dockers for the most part but will also wear sweats or nylon gym shorts and my EDC rig does not show a bulge or otherwise print at all. I really like this way to carry concealed.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

curious about why some of you guys are carrying a flashlight. could be that we all live in different environments and cities but i've never been out somewhere and thought that it would be really nice to have a flashlight in the moment. i keep one at home and one in my car but wouldn't think to carry one.

i've got one carry iwb or owb, my keys and cell phone. that's it, and if there was a way to pare that down, i would. waiting for the phone/.40/key combo device, i'm all about keeping it simple and decluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    curious about why some of you guys are carrying a flashlight. could be that we all live in different environments and cities but i've never been out somewhere and thought that it would be really nice to have a flashlight in the moment. i keep one at home and one in my car but wouldn't think to carry one.

i've got one carry iwb or owb, my keys and cell phone. that's it, and if there was a way to pare that down, i would. waiting for the phone/.40/key combo device, i'm all about keeping it simple and decluttered.
    I carry my small flashlight because I live in a rural area of western Oregon on a farm. I use it primarily to see the way from my car to my front door through a farm yard.at night Never can tell what's there. Flashlight gives me a great deal of confidence and is really, really easy to find in the Smartcarry.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I think a "Tactical" flashlight is an excellent accessory for at night or anytime you might be in the dark. Even if you're just going indoors where the lights might go out. Say in the interior of an office building, a big mall, theater, or someplace else without abundant windows or natural light. I carry enough junk, so I don't really have the space to carry one full time, but I can make space if I have to.

And if you're somewhere where you can't or choose not to CCW, a flashlight can be a big help. Check this out:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...night-won.html

Kimber in a Crossbreed.

Benchmade 670 front strongside pocket.

Cell in front right pocket.

Change and car keys in weakside front pocket.

House keys and project car keys are on a belay hook on a belt loop, if dress clothes are required I put the house key on my current car ring, leave the belay at home.

When I buy jeans, I only buy carpenter's jeans. Less weight and more comfortable than cargos, and the right-side leg pocket puts a flashlight so close to my right hand sometimes it brushes against it when I'm walking. IMO it they were made just for EDC of a large high-lumen (200 lumen E2DL anybody?) flashlight. After a day with a flashlight there, you'll wonder why you never did it before. A tight pocket clip will prevent even the heaviest from falling out when you're rolling on the ground or hanging upside down.

Forgive the dirt and frays on the jeans, I just got home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post

I don't know about you but I like to be able to see what I am aiming at if I am forced into a defensive shooting. I would rather not shoot an innocent because I couldn't indetify them. Could just be walking to my car in the dark and someone comes from around a corner or something like that looking for help and they have some kind of a black object in their hand but you can't tell what it is. With a bright flashlight you have the element of surprise on the percieved threat by blinding them momentarily and throwing off their OODA loop, allowing you to take further action or to back off because you identify them as an innocent at least for the moment.
    Live in yellow or die in white.

Standard attire for me is jeans and a t-shirt. So my EDC for normal days is as follows:

LCP w/ CT in CrossBreed Microclip at about 4:00
    Spare mag, if any, at about 8:00
    Folder in strong side rear pocket
    Keys and change in strong side front pocket, occasionally a Leatherman Skeletool also
    iPhone in weak front pocket
    Wallet and Flashlight in weak rear pocket (they fit perfectly side by side, who knew?)

Sometimes the LCP becomes my M&P9c
    or the LCP can go in strong front pocket if I'm wearing cargo shorts and a tank top.

Just noticed the comment about the flashlight above, I use mine every single day! More often than my knife usually.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

I carry a flashlight because they are amazingly useful. Use it at work at least 5 times a day, use it at home more, use it in between and everywhere else all the time.

I carry a high power flashlight for non-violent and non-lethal responses. A 200 lumen light straight at the eyes will make most people think twice about getting violent or coming into contact distance when warned away, because they can't see.

If mine didn't have a 5 lumen secondary light, I wouldn't carry it. 200 lumens reflecting off of any up-close object (radiator hose etc.) at night is enough to disorient you. I use it far too much to constantly deal with that.

Administrator
    "How do you carry your every day gear?"

5.11 pants. Lots of pockets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links