How do you carry your every day gear?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your every day gear? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another great thread discussing the type of gear you all carry in addition to your primary weapon got me thinking: how do you all carry ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your every day gear?

How do you carry your every day gear?

Another great thread discussing the type of gear you all carry in addition to your primary weapon got me thinking: how do you all carry your gear on a day-to-day basis?

For example, on the other thread the consensus seemed to be that EDC consisted of your primary (holstered presumably), a spare mag (mag carrier on your belt?), a flashlight (perhaps in your front pocket?), a folding knife (also in your front pocket?), a cell phone (maybe weak-side front pocket?), etc. Some preferred even more gear than what I've mentioned. That's a lot of pockets!!

So, what do you carry every day and how do you carry it?

For me: at present I carry a Glock 19 via a Comp-Tac Infidel IWB holster. I also wear a 5.11 tactical vest with a spare mag in the front pocket, my cell phone in my front pants pocket, a lock-blade in my opposite front pants pocket. As the weather gets warmer I'll need to lose the vest however...

Peace.

- Savage

2. Remove Ads

G 19 at 3:00 in a mix of holsters
    Spare mag 9:00
    pepper spray weak side front pocket
    Knife strong side front pocket
    flashlight front pocket, which side depends on holster
    I rarely carry a bug, but when I do I move my wallet to my left rear pocket and carry the bug in my right rear. The old, "just let me get my wallet" draw.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Why would you need to lose the vest in warmer weather? There are many light weight vests that can be worn in warm/hot weather. I know this because I wear a vest pretty much year round. As for other gear, only you can organize and position that which you carry to give you the optimal access to your items. My weapon and OWB holster strongside 3:30. My two spare mags weakside 8:30. My cell clipped on either belt or pants pocket. My knife strongside front pocket carkeys weakside front pocket (working on switching this scenario). Wallet rear weakside pocket. Tac light if needed in holder weakside behind spare mags. If I carry a bug, weakside ankle holster. That's how I am organized. Pockets are not overloaded and pants are comfortable. Just my way of doin things!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Interesting thread, my CCW changes with my outfits. If I'm wearing tighter clothing (say formal attire) I usually carry the PPK. If climate permits or I'm just wearing looser fitting clothing the XD comes out.

What usually doesn't change is the layout of everything.

PPK IWB holster at my strong-side 3:30
    Benchmade locking knife, weak side clip in pocket.
    Spare Mag in pouch at 8:00.
    Cellphone is usually in my strong-side front pocket.
    Small LED flashlight in my weak-side rear pocket.

I don't like a lot of items in my pockets, but in reality if I wasn't carrying I would still have all of the items other then the CCW and the spare mag, and both are on my belt, so the amount of items in or around my pockets wouldn't change. It's not really uncomfortable though, everything is lightweight and feels natural so, it works for me.

Senior Moderator
    Smartcarry with PT-111 and spare mag, and Greber paraframe cliped on front pants pocket.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Agreed, interesting thread. My carry is dependant on where I will be going. I do commercial and industrial repair work which is pretty much a 24/7 type of occupation. Here are 4 scenarios.

Normal day - 7-6ish. Ruger LCP right front pocket. Extra magazine in left rear pocket. Benchmade knife front left pocket and Surefire Defender LED left front pocket.

Working in rough areas. S&W 637 or 442 left front pocket. Speed strip rear left pocket, speed strip in watch pocket. Knife and light as above. (15 rounds)

Absolute bad lands known for problems. S&W SW9VE in paddle holster, extra magazine in left rear pocket, 637 and extra ammo in tool case. Light and knife as noted above. (35 rounds or 9mm, 15 rounds of 38)

Casual business / client meetings. LCP or 442 in front left pocket. (all pocket carry is via an appropriate Uncle Mikes holster.)

Best to everyone,

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

My EDC for rule of law everyday outings.

1. Kel Tec P3AT pocket Uncle Mikes #1 pocket holster with threads cut to allow for spar mag to be mounted in holster with gun in front right pocket works well for me.

2. Lock blade folder clipped in right rear pocket.

3. Small tactual flash light in shirt pocket.

If things get worse and we start to loose rule of law and can not depend on 911 then would up gun with P3AT as BUG.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Great feedback, all.

On why I'm opting to lose the vest in warm weather, you are correct - I will likely need to look into a lightweight tac vest as this has been SOOOO convenient I've been spoiled (for those who have never worn one, the 5.11 tactical vest is a thing of beauty, rugged and with more pockets than I can find a use for ) I'll need to do some research on a lightweight model, as I really like the convenience of loading-up the vest with my gear (light, spare mags, sometimes my knife or a multi-tool) and then just grabbing it on my way out the door / shucking it when I get home at night.

TTT for more insight.

Still working this out but currently:
    - G23 in OWB (in summer, G27 in IWB) at 2:00
    - spare mag in paddle mag carrier at 10:00 (G23, or, for the G27, a G22 mag with slide on grip)
    - folding knife clipped in weak side front pocket
    - O-light on key chain w/car keys in left front jacket or pants pocket
    - sometimes, OC spray in right front pocket
    NRA Life Member

you people seem to carry a lot of stuff. I start to feel really weighted down when i have my gun, extra mag, light and knife. By the time i add my wallet and phone and car keys, loose change and anything else in my pockets i feel way loaded down and like half my stuff is not easily accesible anyway. I have found myself just carrying my P2000sk in my iwb holster at 4 oclock and an extra mag in my left front pocket.

I also refuse to change my dress just to carry. the idea is to look natural anyway. I refuse to wear vests and things like that.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

M&P 9c in a Crossbreed SuperTuck; occasionally an Airweight S&W 642 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Still looking for a good (but resonably priced) IWB holster for the 642. Any ideas, anyone?

I have a man purse. At least that is what my daughter calls it. I will either have my Glock 27 in my SmartCarry with extra mag. or my IWB Crossbreed with an extra mag in either my back left pocket or coat jacket.

Inside the man purse you will find my digital camera, cell phone, Surefire 8NX Commander with an extra set of 123's as well as two other magazines and other stuff such as chapStick, gum as well as some emergency cash and change. Yes, it has some weight to it but once you get used to carrying a man purse you won't leave home without it.

I'm working on obtaining a good knife. I just have not made up my mind to which one I want to purchase. That will end up in my front right pocket most of the time. Below is the man purse.

Love the Man Purse!! Awesome!

i keep my s&w .357 m60 in my right front ( strong side) pocket, a .357 rossi BUG in an ankle holster, a 5.75" italian switchblade stiletto at 5:00 on my belt (sometimes 5:30 because i'm fat and it slips around), 10 rounds (5 each) in strip loads in my left front pocket, another 10 rounds in 2 speed loaders in my right front shirt pocket, a can of pepper spray on my key chain, a prepaid backup cell phone in my left front pocket (along with house/car/gun safe keys), and at home a pistol grip (00 reduced recoil, of course) mossberg 590 between me and the door when i'm awake and between me and the little woman when we're asleep. i sleep well although i haven't seen much action between me & the the little woman lately -- not sure why -- but i'm ready to protect her, you know, just in case.

sometimes i just don't think she gets it.

EDC
    Para P12 in my PagerPal. Spare mag in a multitool pouch. LED flashlight in another pouch on my belt. Folding knife in right pocket. Phone in left front pocket.

BUG when I carry it is an AMT 45 in an ankle holster with spare mag on other ankle.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links