Defensive Carry banner

Looking for some friendly help in Portland, OR...

964 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PaxMentis 
#1 ·
Rather than wait till I croak, I've been giving some firearms away to my kids as well as to my wife's children...we've enjoyed doing this, but do so with some conditions. We spend some range time with each of them and then provide a hands-on session to assure that they know how to clean and care for the firearm.

Well, I want to give a 1911 to my wife's son who lives in Portland, OR. I'd like to find a shooter there who is willing to help a non-shooter (but interested in learning) get started with it by offering a little range instruction as well as a lesson on cleaning/maintenance. That may sound like a tall order, but I have a hunch that some 1911 enthusiast will jump at the opportunity to get a new shooter started up properly.

I'll be headed out to Seattle for a stem cell transplant at the Veterans Affairs transplant center there, tentatively arriving April 20 (thank you Agent Orange...heh). I'll be able to deliver the pistol to him during the 2 months or so I'll be there for the treatment, and can connect up with anyone that volunteers in order to put you in touch with Ben.

Shoot me an e-mail if you see this as possible...I look forward to establishing this relationship!

THANKS so much.

See less See more
#4 ·
God bless Jimmy, they sprayed that stuff all over the place didn't they. I'll keep you in my prayers. Pleiku 68-69.

Dave M.:wave:

#5 ·
THANKS ccw9mm for offering to help out--hopefully we can put this together!

Yep, Hiram25, Agent Orange exposure hit my life exactly 30 years after I got home. I've been fighting multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow) for 9 years, with the trip to Seattle being my third marrow transplant.

Pleiku...4th Division AO...I was well south, with my time being spent near Di An.

#6 ·
It was 35 years for me before pancreatic damage showed up.

2/502 Inf and 1/9 Cav 68-70.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Hang in there bro...

:bier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.