consolidated website.......

This is a discussion on consolidated website....... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the past few weeks, I have been having some very in-depth discussions with a co-worker of mine regarding carrying and firearms in general.. He ...

Thread: consolidated website.......

For the past few weeks, I have been having some very in-depth discussions with a co-worker of mine regarding carrying and firearms in general.. He is "pro-gun," but doesn't see the need to carry.. At first, it was a general thought that no one should carry.. But after a lot of discussions, it has turned into, some people can carry, but it really isn't for him.. He has recently turned to "what-if" scenarios regarding what I would do if x happened while carrying.. Like:

If someone comes up to your car with a gun drawn and demands your car.. What would you do?? Statistically, they say that you should just give them your car and you will be fine.. But if you have a gun, you will probably escalate it further then it needs to be..

My general answer to all of them is, "If it is a million to one odds, I don't want to be that one.. (with my luck, i generally am tho)"

Anyways, the discussions are very civil and we both learn from them and I really enjoy them..

Today he had mentioned that he spoke to his wife about it.. She apparently is an anti, but he mentioned that he was a lot more open to carry (my discussions are working).. He had asked me if I knew of any websites that had a listing of stories in where a someone had used a gun in a defensive scenario and it had saved their life.. I had showed him some NRA armed citizen articles but he wanted something a bit more "impartial".. I did some searches on google but apparently my google foo is lacking today.. I only found a few sites that contained one or two stories.. So, do you guys know of any sites that has a decent listing of semi-currently stories??

After talking to him today, I have a feeling that it is more for his wife then for him..

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)........

Here's one:

The Armed Citizen
    NRA Life Member

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks AceHi.. I saw that one and showed it to him.. Was wondering if anyone else knew of anymore..

Thanks ret, I made a note of that one..

Good. Good. Good.

Gun Rights Report

But I may partial!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Point him to the section "In the News: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" category on this site (link below). Many accounts of both armed & unarmed encounters with BG's. IMO, complying as a means of staying safe these days is no longer an option for me. WAAAAY too many accounts of store robberies, car jackings, home invasions where the victims fully complied & were shot or brutally attacked anyway.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...good-bad-ugly/

Do a search of "clerk complied" on this site & you'll see what I mean. Leaving the fate of my life to the whims of a doped up BG is not an option in my book, but to each, his own. The defensive "Fetal Position" is not all it's cracked up to be.

Keep working on him & keep yourself safe.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    WAAAAY too many accounts of store robberies, car jackings, home invasions where the victims fully complied & were shot or brutally attacked anyway.
    I have to agree here. Lexington and Louisville, and even Richmond, Kentucky are reporting beatup or shot people daily who complied. Richmond, a town of probably 30,000 is seeing almost daily home invasions. And from what I can gather, 90% of it relates to drugs. The remaining 10% is for money and stuff that can be traded or sold for drugs. Kentucky's Bluegrass region has a severe drug problem whether the media or law enforcement admits it or not. There are people around here that would kill you for $50.00 or an OC or two. And that is the facts!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

check out 'The Cornered Cat' website.

Have your say and let it go. Concealed carry: you either get it, or you don't. That's been my experience. I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of like-minded gun owners and carriers I have met the last year. Many of them are colleagues at work I would never have suspected.

The Utopians, unicorn herders, and rainbow huggers simply live in a different world. I am happy for them that they feel they can suspend reality.

It's also very important to understand there are also those people who simply make different personal risk decisions. There's nothing wrong with that, and being strident doesn't do our cause any good. I have lived 53 years without ever having the need to pull out a sidearm, and plan to make the next 53 the same. I always used my wits, kept a low profile, and made it a point to avoid trouble. I didn't change that philosophy once I started to carry.

Sponsored Links