States that recognize NY permits

This is a discussion on States that recognize NY permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Vermont does not "honor" any other state's permit. In Vermont, non-felon citizens (and visitors!) have the right to bear arms for self defense, others defense, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: States that recognize NY permits

Vermont does not "honor" any other state's permit.

In Vermont, non-felon citizens (and visitors!) have the right to bear arms for self defense, others defense, defense of the state, threat deterrence, (like those ICBM's we're about to disarm, duh!) marksmanship, hunting, sport, fashion, shooting up that old buick at the sand pits, whatever.

Permits? Maybe when we lay down and become subjects of a king. Until then, a gun is just a tool and even... gasp! a weapon that you have the right (that many states have stolen from you by over regulation) to bear at home, alone in the woods, and in public OC, CC, EDC, BUC, or AR-15 C with a 100 round drum down the sidewalk.

It's a shame about New York's modern day anti gun agenda, I guess they forgot about how armed citizens formed our nation. How manyNew York State lawmaker's today even know about Tim Murphy's two shots from a tree at Saratoga that did more than anything else to shatter the morale of the British Regulars and to turn the tide of the most important battle of the American Revolution?

Oh..... and with all these unregulated firearms around you can still feel "safe" in Vermont and our neighbor New Hamphire, as we're consistantly ranked as the two safest states in America.

BTW - Appleseed weekend is coming up! Become an American rifleman at a range near you. April 19th, 1775 - the Day Marksmanship met History - and the Tradition was Born... Appleseed Project Home
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    In Vermont, non-felon citizens (and visitors!) have the right to bear arms for self defense, others defense, defense of the state, threat deterrence, (like those ICBM's we're about to disarm, duh!) marksmanship, hunting, sport, fashion, shooting up that old buick at the sand pits, whatever.
    And that's the way it should be! And a howdy to our beautiful neighbor state to the northeast!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    MI has honors all other permits, but is clear that one must still obey the limits set forth by both MI law AND the restrictions on the issued permit itself, so unfortunately he could not legally carry here in the same manner that you could.
    Yep. I have a NY permit and am posting this from my hotel room outside of Detroit, MI :)

I've been carrying out here with my NY permit (which does not have any target/hunting or other restrictions on it).

Another catch with MI is that the permits they honor must be issued to a resident of that state. So if you have a permit from a state of which you are not a resident it doesn't help you. My UT permit does not say "non-resident" on it but I'm still not a resident so I couldn't use it to carry in MI.

Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    Vermont does not "honor" any other state's permit.

Permits? Maybe when we lay down and become subjects of a king. Until then, a gun is just a tool and even... gasp! a weapon that you have the right (that many states have stolen from you by over regulation) to bear at home, alone in the woods, and in public OC, CC, EDC, BUC, or AR-15 C with a 100 round drum down the sidewalk.

It's a shame about New York's modern day anti gun agenda, I guess they forgot about how armed citizens formed our nation. How manyNew York State lawmaker's today even know about Tim Murphy's two shots from a tree at Saratoga that did more than anything else to shatter the morale of the British Regulars and to turn the tide of the most important battle of the American Revolution?

Oh..... and with all these unregulated firearms around you can still feel "safe" in Vermont and our neighbor New Hamphire, as we're consistantly ranked as the two safest states in America.

BTW - Appleseed weekend is coming up! Become an American rifleman at a range near you. April 19th, 1775 - the Day Marksmanship met History - and the Tradition was Born... Appleseed Project Home

I have an unrestricted NY permit, and I live on the Vermont border. I feel kind of bad that I can go visit my step-daughter in Vermont while carrying, and the Vermont folks can't do the same

Information on handgun laws in NYS

I've pretty much stopped commenting on posts where people who "used to live" in NY or have never lived in NY comment on our gun laws. There is a TON of misinformation out there about what people think or have "heard" the laws are in NYS.

Use these resources:

Handgunlaw.us
    USA Carry
    NYS Penal Law, Aritcle 400: Licensing and Other provisions relating to Firearms
    NYS Penal Law, Aritcle 265: Possession of Firearms and other Dangerous Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    The PA non-resident permit does not indicate that it is non-resident. It's also cheaper and comes in a matter of days (Centre County). You are virtually guaranteed to get it within a week.
    The PA non-res doesn't indicate that it's non-resident, per se. I don't know about yours, but mine has my address on it. Any LEO with half a brain is going to see that I live in NY.

PA is also going to start requiring that you apply or renew in person starting Jan. 1st, 2011. A UT or FL non-res permit can be applied for and renewed through the mail and covers PA. When my PA non-res permit is up, I will not renew in person, as I have a UT carry permit.

help

i need to know how i can apply myself to get my full carry i just recently received my premise how or what do i need to get this i live in brooklyn ny please help

Quote Originally Posted by davanyb82 View Post
    i need to know how i can apply myself to get my full carry i just recently received my premise how or what do i need to get this i live in brooklyn ny please help
    It is next to impossible to get a carry permit in the 5 boroughs of NY City, unless you are very rich and very well connected. If you want to go through the incredible amount of paperwork and expense to apply (this does not mean you'll get it) you can check out the paperwork here:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...msComplete.pdf

I'm actually amazed that you got even a premise permit for a handgun! Good Luck!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links