Glocks - Page 4

Glocks

This is a discussion on Glocks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Correct me if I'm wrong, but to date: G30: 12 votes G36: 16 votes G21: 2 votes G39: 1 vote And a bunch of fence ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glocks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to date:

G30: 12 votes

G36: 16 votes

G21: 2 votes

G39: 1 vote

And a bunch of fence riders who say both are good. Which really is the best answer. But second place is first loser, so at this point G36 is the most best.
    Glock 36 with Lasermax / Glock 23 / Glock 21. Ruger SP101. Taurus 85.

DZSG (Designated Zombie Survival Gun) = 870 Remington Tactical Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jensen View Post
    G21SF

That is beautiful

OK - I have to put my vote in for the G30. I like the way it fills my hand (and I have small hands)!

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

As I've stated on many different posts, my daily carry is the G36. It conceals well and is easy to forget you have it on your hip. I always carry on my belt, with a buttoned up shirt untucked and I've never been made. I've also never been a round counter so having 6 +1 makes no difference to me. I've always figured, if 7 rounds of instant .45 isnt enough to do the job then maybe I shouldn't be carrying.

VIP Member
    I left out some things in my previous post here......

I see numerous people saying "if 6+1/7 isn't enough I shouldn't be carrying" or "I need help" or need to run away

Thats understandable, and I get what you're saying-not flaming y'all, but (and this is only my opinion) I like extra rounds...as many as I can comfortably carry at once without having to reload. And I like having the ability to use G21 13round mags as spares. I don't think that you are a bad shot if 7 isn't enough, its just that I want to have more at my disposal when the SHTF. Thats just me.
    That combined with me being able to grip the 30 made my decision, the difference in size between the two is not huge so I went with the 30.
    Some may not think they can conceal the 30/30sf but they can the 36. That will all depend on your size, method of carry, and holster. If you can grip the 30/30sf (or shot it ok) and you can conceal, you should consider it. If you can't do these properly then the 36 may be for you.

This is something we should all stress to newbies, or when asked for advice on purchasing/choosing.....try out different ones, try the 30/30sf and 36....if you can't rent and shoot them at least hold both to ensure you can grip it properly, not go off of a poll and choose the winner.
    This updated post was to give the OP something to think about.
    Good luck.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

The Glock 29. Oh, wait, that's a 10mm. Can't have that, what with better ballistics, more mag capacity, thicker chamber for less chance of a K-B... Of the large frame Glocks, I far prefer a 29, with grip reduction, to anything else, though I also have two 20s with grip reductions.

I rarely carry Glocks anymore, and when I do, it's usually my 19-length grip 1st Gen 17, but if I were going to carry a .45 Glock, it would be a grip-reduced 30. I've shot 36s, and I really don't like them at all. The grip feels good, but subjectively, for me, they are the hardest to control and most unpleasant to shoot of any .45 ACP I've ever shot, including some that are much smaller and lighter. YRMV.

VIP Member
    'Concur w/ 64zebra.

I don't assume that I'll only encounter 1 BG at a time. Around here, they tend to travel in packs. My G30SF has some 'heft' to it with a full mag, but I intend to address that with a better quality holster. That and a 13-round G21 backup magazine, provide a level of comfort that I prefer.

'Nothing against a G36. I'm sure I'll come up with a way to justify getting one of those too...

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I see numerous people saying "if 6+1/7 isn't enough I shouldn't be carrying" or "I need help" or need to run away

Thats understandable, and I get what you're saying-not flaming y'all, but (and this is only my opinion) I like extra rounds...as many as I can comfortably carry at once without having to reload. And I like having the ability to use G21 13round mags as spares. I don't think that you are a bad shot if 7 isn't enough, its just that I want to have more at my disposal when the SHTF. Thats just me.
    It isn't just you. I can't imagine anything worse than running out of ammo before running out of bad guy(s). Personally, I'd rather have rounds left over if it ever comes down to shooting time.

I'm sure this officer was glad he had plenty of ammo on hand: Officer Down - The Peter Soulis Incident.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

I love my G30SF's and carry 2 of them with 2 (13 rd)G21 mags for back up. Lately I've been carrying 2 G38's in 45GAP with 2 (10 rd) G37 mags for back up. I can get 9 rounds in the carry mags of the G38 for a total of 10, and they work flawlessly for me. I do have small hands so the G38's actually fit my hand a little better than the G30SF's do but not by much. So for me it's pretty much a toss up on them. I've never owned or shot a G36 but have heard from many who do own them, that they are much harder to shoot and control than the G30/G30SF.
    Like others have said, try them at your LGS and see what fits your hand the best and go with that. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the above choices including the G38/G39 in GAP.
    *RamRod: If you have the opportunity to shoot a G38 do yourself and favor and try it. Balistically it is the same or a bit better than std. loadings in 45ACP. My G38 will do 950fps with the Speer 200gr GDHP. Here in PA the State Police are using the G37(full size GAP) with the same Speer 200gr GDHP with excellent results.
    As always good luck and stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links