AZ Constitutional carry update - Page 6

AZ Constitutional carry update

This is a discussion on AZ Constitutional carry update within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by targus Didn't that just go away recently in VA? they did...made it legal to CC in alcohol establishment. And, nope... Even though ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 92

Thread: AZ Constitutional carry update

  1. #76
    Member Array mrjam2jab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Didn't that just go away recently in VA?
    they did...made it legal to CC in alcohol establishment.

    And, nope... Even though OC is legal without a permit, you cannot OC at ALL (or, in the near future, CC without a permit) in any establishment serving alcohol for consumption on site in AZ. It MUST be concealed, so no "VA tuck" type maneuver to "swipe" from CC to OC before going into such an establishment here.
    which statute covers that? I see this in the bill:

    4-229. Licenses; handguns; posting of notice

    A. A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 or who meets the criteria specified in section 13‑3102, subsection D, paragraph 1 or 2 may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on‑sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:

    1. Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.

    2. Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red line across the firearm.

    3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4‑229".

    B. A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section.

    C. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:

    1. The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section prior to before the violation.

    2. Any one or more of the following applies apply:

    (a) At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section had fallen down.

    (b) At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.

    (c) The licensee had posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section not more than thirty days prior to before the violation.
    I don't see an OC ban on it...but i may just be reading it wrong...


  2. #77
    Member Array DarylW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southeast Arizona
    Posts
    123
    There was this cute little thing in my class but, oh my God was she ever scary with a firearm. Absolutely no clue on how to operate it, muzzle control, etc. She was next to me for some of the drills and she'd stand there honking on the trigger because she forgot to take the safety off. Malfunction after malfunction, too, which really started to piss other students off because she needed so much attention as she couldn't clear them herself. She had a Walther PPK/s and wound up finishing the course with something someone else loaned her...a Glock. I'm sure she ended up carrying that PPK/s anyway because it was so "cute"...her words.
    So, in spite of her incompetence (your description), she still passed? Telling, isn't it? Did she really learn anything?

    I've held a valid CCW permit from the beginning years of "shall issue" in Arizona. I carried openly for many years before that. I've seen some things on qualification day that I didn't agree with. I've even seen people fail to qualify, but they were invariable scheduled for another day to "re-qualify".

    And, I believe in "unilateral consequences". There will likely be good things to come from this law; and, there will likely be some bad. In the end, I believe it will work out just fine.

    What I don't believe in is the "elitist" attitude that many CCW holders seem to have about their "right" VS the rights of a non-permitee.

    This law only allows concealed carry in areas where open carry was already legal, and by the same folks. It's another way to carry a firearm, and nothing more, so don't predict blood in the streets where none has ever flowed.

  3. #78
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    which statute covers that? I see this in the bill:

    I don't see an OC ban on it...but i may just be reading it wrong...
    From your very own post and in the very first part of 4-229. ONLY CC is permitted... Also, if the joint is properly posted...NO carry at all.

    4-229. Licenses; handguns; posting of notice

    A. A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 or who meets the criteria specified in section 13‑3102, subsection D, paragraph 1 or 2 may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on‑sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:

  4. #79
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylW View Post
    So, in spite of her incompetence (your description), she still passed? Telling, isn't it? Did she really learn anything?
    Who knows. She sure as hell wasn't any better in the last range drills than the earlier ones on the first day. It was quite obvious to the instructors and other students because so much of the attention we ALL paid for was being diverted to her incompetence. They had to give her a completely DIFFERENT gun to even finish because she couldn't handle the one she OWNED, left with...and is probably carrying...

    And, EVERYONE "passes". You pay your money and get the certificate at the end...period... It's isn't even a "pass/fail" type of class. Just be there until the end and that's it.

    This law only allows concealed carry in areas where open carry was already legal, and by the same folks. It's another way to carry a firearm, and nothing more, so don't predict blood in the streets where none has ever flowed.
    WRONG. So, by your words, ONLY the current OC'ers are going to switch to CC? Yeah, right... MANY people who would carry, but don't have a permit, do not OC because they do NOT want the attention. Now, a LOT more people can and WILL be carrying concealed for that very reason...NO attention in public. And because it will be "easy" and "free". Like it or not, OC is not really "easy" for a GREAT many people to do in public. In fact, even though I definitely can, I don't OC for that very reason and probably never will IN PUBLIC. Understand?

  5. #80
    Member Array GLOCKREAPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't think it is correct to assume that either the Alaska or Vermont experience will be the Arizona experience.
    Can't find any? I want to read tales of murder and mayhem. I have been promised them every time a pro carry law has been passed.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

  6. #81
    Member Array GLOCKREAPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Now, a LOT more people can and WILL be carrying concealed for that very reason...NO attention in public. And because it will be "easy" and "free".
    It is unlikely that a significant amount of people will regularly carry that didn't before because of this new law. Most people, even those with permits/licenses rarely carry. At best they throw their pistol/revolver in the glove box/purse and leave it. The type of people you don't want carrying without your beloved piece of laminated paper already are.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

  7. #82
    Member Array jmiked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SE AZ Border County
    Posts
    218
    OK, and what part of "Shall not be Infringed" are we discussing here? Why do we keep agreeing that there are "reasonable restrictions" Either the 2nd applies or it does not.

    AZ has taken a Major Step in that direction!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

  8. #83
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiked View Post
    OK, and what part of "Shall not be Infringed" are we discussing here? Why do we keep agreeing that there are "reasonable restrictions" Either the 2nd applies or it does not.
    Ohhh... So you're one of those types who supports violent convicted felons and documented/committed mentally unstable people owning and carrying guns... Hey, the 2nd applies to everyone since "they kaint take muh gunz 'cuz I'm 'Murrican!", right?

  9. #84
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    I think people should be required training before using the internet.

    This is supposed to be a free country, free of government intervention regarding out Constitutional rights... but alas, people want regulation, training, fees, and control of everything. When they wake up one day and ask themselves why they have control over nothing in their lives anymore, without paying a fee or asking uncle sam for permission.... they will have only themselves to blame

  10. #85
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Yeah, anarchy is a great way to go...

  11. #86
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    You are becoming upset because people do not agree with YOUR line of thinking. My personal opinion is that you are wrong. Your line of thinking is completely against the Bill of Rights. However I do agree with you on reasonable restrictions, i.e. non citizens, the mentally ill, felons. Otherwise, I should not have to pay the state or government a fee for my rights or be required to take training. Else you would like everyone to pay taxes and yearly fees on their rights to speak? I hear a lot of cussing and poor language out there. It is bad enough that the second, fifth, and tenth are continually trampled by our elected officials and appointed judges. That being said, if you don't like Arizona's new law, you have the right and freedom to move to another state that more fits your line of thinking, say California?

  12. #87
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    That being said, if you don't like Arizona's new law, you have the right and freedom to move to another state that more fits your line of thinking, say California?
    Hey there, chump... I did NOT say I didn't like the new law. In fact, I'd LOVE it if all speed limit laws/restrictions on the interstates were removed, too. But, are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that removal of restrictions is NOT going to cause more ancillary problems? Really?

  13. #88
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Now we are into personal attacks. It is all good, just leave AZ, you sound like you don't fit in here. Your line of thinking is more of a Chicago or DC line of thinking. I bet you would be happier there. Lots of gun control and no ancillary problems.... oh wait.

    When they allowed carry in bars, they said it would turn into drunken shootouts.... it has not.

    When Alaska and Vermont got rid of permit requirements they said that there would be more problems, there were not.

    However people with the liberal line of thinking like to believe so, unfortunately we are starting to get more move ins with that view on things. I wish they would just move out again.

    I must have missed the right to speed on highways in the bill of rights... can you point out where that is? Thanks

  14. #89
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Now we are into personal attacks. It is all good, just leave AZ, you sound like you don't fit in here. Your line of thinking is more of a Chicago or DC line of thinking.
    Now, who's into personal attacks again?

    Believe me, I "fit" in AZ just fine and have done so since moving to Az in the '80s. Just finally got back here for GOOD after many stints of being in AZ over the years. Little things like military service kind of got in the way, if you can even understand that... The family has been here the entire time.

    So deal with it 'cuz I ain't leavin' again.

  15. #90
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,286
    Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Now, who's into personal attacks again?

    Believe me, I "fit" in AZ just fine and have done so since moving to Az in the '80s. Just finally got back here for GOOD after many stints of being in AZ over the years. Little things like military service kind of got in the way, if you can even understand that... The family has been here the entire time.

    So deal with it 'cuz I ain't leavin' again.
    Yes you are, how many times have you been banned now? 37?


Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. National Constitutional Carry...
    By Toorop in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: January 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
  2. Arizona's Constitutional Carry celebration
    By Holdcard in forum Member Meeting Place
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 13th, 2010, 10:05 AM
  3. Constitutional Carry in your state, are you FOR or AGAINST it?
    By SCJeffro in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: June 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM
  4. Constitutional Carry is signed in AZ!!
    By MinistrMalic in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM

Search tags for this page

arizona concealed carry update
,
arizona constitutional carry apply to out of state residents?
,

arizona constitutional carry non resident

,

arizona constitutional carry non-residents

,

az concealed carry update

,
az constitutional carry non-resident
,
can you constitutional carry in walmart in arizona
,
constitutional carry non resident
,
does arizona constitutional carry apply to non residents
,
does constituional carry apply to non az residence
,
is az constitutional carry for residentso nly
,
?constitutional carry? law arizona non resident
Click on a term to search for related topics.