Utah CCW Is Here!

Utah CCW Is Here!

This is a discussion on Utah CCW Is Here! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep, it arrived today. I went home for lunch - something you can do when you work in a small town and only 6 blocks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah CCW Is Here!

VIP Member

Utah CCW Is Here!

Yep, it arrived today. I went home for lunch - something you can do when you work in a small town and only 6 blocks from home - and there was an envelope in the mail from the state of Utah. It was mailed on May 30. In an earlier thread I mentioned that I had sent my app on April 1 and the check cleared on April 13. I then said that I would not begin to worry until after June 1. Well what comes after June 1? June 2 and the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. It was issued on May 25, 2006. Until I looked at it I did not realize that there is no indication on the permit that it is a non-resident permit. Of course the address gives it away, but the permit itself doesn't say non-resident. The picture on it did not improve a bit from the one I sent. Passport pictures are worse than drivers license and Sam's Wholesale Club pictures. After the Sam's picture I did not think that was possible, but it is. If all you knew of me was the pictures on the three photo IDs in my wallet you would think I was a fugitive from the mental ward.

Anyway for those still waiting - mine took less than 60 days from the time Utah received it until it was issued and 63 days from the day I put it in the mail. Hang in there.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Good news George
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Outstanding. Gives me hope that mine will arrive about the time I arrive home from Virginia in a few weeks.

-Scott-

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Thats great news, time to celebrate!
    Curry

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    congrats
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

They cashed my check on May 12, so I figure about this time next month! :)

Thumbs up

Congratulations!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg

If all you knew of me was the pictures on the three photo IDs in my wallet you would think I was a fugitive from the mental ward.

Congratulations! Very good!

As far as being an escapee, you do work at an all Womens University, and you are male, so what's the answer? Maybe?

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Congratulations! Very good!

As far as being an escapee, you do work at an all Womens University, and you are male, so what's the answer? Maybe?
    Sometimes I feel like an escapee. But most of the time I feel like a dad with a very big family. I am old enough to be grandfather to most of the students and because I am not a professor I have a different relationship with students than professors do. I fit more into the mold of father/grandfather/confessor/counselor/confidant. At various times I am each of those to many of the girls. Sometimes they have something happen and if they were home they would go to dad and he would hug them and tell them that he loves them. So sometimes I can tell one just needs a hug, so I become dad and give them a hug. My daughter went to school here and is about 12 to 15 years older than the students are so sometimes I am grandfather. When they need someone to tell something that happened to them whether good or bad, but that needs to go no farther I am confessor/confidant. When one gets a new boy friend and wants to know how she should be treated by a gentleman I am counsellor - because I have told them over and over and modelled for them how a gentleman should act they want to get more details. When one has lost a boy friend and feels the world has collapsed around them I am counsellor/dad/granddad.

The escapee look comes from the camera!
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    Issued May 25, postmarked May 30 and received June 2?

55 days from your mailbox to issue. 7 days to get it to you.

The mail moves slow leaving Utah.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse
    Issued May 25, postmarked May 30 and received June 2?

55 days from your mailbox to issue. 7 days to get it to you.

The mail moves slow leaving Utah.
    It seems it takes several days to get it in the mail, but between the 25th which was a Thursday and the 30th there was a weekend and a holiday - Memorial Day. So I can't complain about how long it took to get it out and I sure can't complain too much about the USPS time. Four days from Utah to Alabama is not too bad.
    George

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    I'm not complaining, BCI has stated 60 days for a decision to issue.

But I just wonder about the 5 days it takes to laminate a piece of paper, send it to the mailroom, place in the envelope, address, stamp and send it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    Yep, it arrived today. I went home for lunch - something you can do when you work in a small town and only 6 blocks from home - and there was an envelope in the mail from the state of Utah. It was mailed on May 30. In an earlier thread I mentioned that I had sent my app on April 1 and the check cleared on April 13. I then said that I would not begin to worry until after June 1. Well what comes after June 1? June 2 and the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. It was issued on May 25, 2006. Until I looked at it I did not realize that there is no indication on the permit that it is a non-resident permit. Of course the address gives it away, but the permit itself doesn't say non-resident. The picture on it did not improve a bit from the one I sent. Passport pictures are worse than drivers license and Sam's Wholesale Club pictures. After the Sam's picture I did not think that was possible, but it is. If all you knew of me was the pictures on the three photo IDs in my wallet you would think I was a fugitive from the mental ward.

Anyway for those still waiting - mine took less than 60 days from the time Utah received it until it was issued and 63 days from the day I put it in the mail. Hang in there.

Way to go!!!

I also have a non-resident Utah permit......

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations! Utah is pretty quick as far as states go. I received mine in only 30 days. Funny, I applied for Utah and Florida the same day as I applied for my Nevada permit. Utah arrived in 30 days, Florida in 60. I could caryy in 30 states 2 months before I could carry in my home state. I guess I should be happy, since it took NV1 month less than promised.

Got mine in Kansas today!!! Sent it off on April 3rd, check cleared on April 13th, permit issued May 25th, postmarked May 30th, just received today!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links