Opinion

Opinion

This is a discussion on Opinion within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Ruger p90, and I have for a few years. I have given consideration on carrying other weapons. There are some fine handguns ...

Thread: Opinion

Opinion

I carry a Ruger p90, and I have for a few years. I have given consideration on carrying other weapons.

There are some fine handguns in the world that shoot very well.

I have shot other brands but for one reason or another they just don't seem to feel as well as the one I carry. I don't like things made out of plastic, like some handguns are. Perhaps in time they will prove their self to me.

Mine is stainless and aluminum casting that is machined. It has only misfired one time and that was the first shot I ever put in it. That shell was a funky reload, and that is why the misfire.

I really don't know what I am leading to other then make sure that what ever weapon you choose for self defense that it is the best weapon you could ever trust your life on, and be happy with the one you carry.

elshadow

This is my opinion!

Any firearm that you feel comfortable with and can put holes where you want them is a good one!

I carried steel revolvers most of my life, but recently purchased a plastic gun, an SA XD40 SC, it's a sweet weapon!

My favorite carry gun is my Glock 30. I have zero issues with the polymer frame. I feel they have been around long enough and have proven themselves reliable. I recently purchased a Ruger LCR for Tshirt weather. Another (partially) plastic gun that is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

My plastic Glock can beat up your machined stainless and aluminum casting pistol...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am happy with the one(s) I carry. Thanks.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Simply put:

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
    2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
    3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
    4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
    5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My plastic Glock can beat up your machined stainless and aluminum casting pistol...

hey elshadow001....good opinion....and I completely agree
    I've punished my Glocks and practiced practiced practiced with them so I'm confident and competent with them
    everyone should do the same with their choice of weapon

p.s.......I like the Ruger P90....I keep pestering my brother to see if he wants to sell his
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Resistant to polymers is no more than the typical resistance to change. I suppose some folks wonder why Ford doesn't still make the old reliable Model T.
    But if you're comfortable to an older, all-metal firearm, then stick with it. Like an old wallet, it just fits your hip better!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Choosing a gun is more a personnel thing, sort of like choosing ones religion. While that doesn't seem a logical comparison, I feel that way because the best religion, like the best gun, cannot be proven in any repeatable way. They both are usually used when one is in dire straits. They both need to make one feel comfortable. They both get better the more you practice. When they work properly, they both will make a believer out of you. I've got too much time on my hands, sorry!

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    If it feels good and you can shoot it well then it's all good.
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Polymer has made gun manufacturing what it is today. This material is strong, durable, resistant to rust and decay and has been the reason for a huge leap in capacity and weight savings.

Do not resist . . . . .
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Links